PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!

R123
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey Guys... really need ur expert ideas on this one..

mums Euro (Auto), she said she left the car with the wheel lock on, came back then realise the car is horning, so she got in and released the lock.
try to drive the car BUT couldnt move the gear stick, cant not move away from P, ANY ideas of what should i do?? :o

had a look at the mannual but it doenst say much....

now the she can start the car, audio and light is fine, but the horn is NOT working PLUS the gear stick is not able to move...

many thanx!!

my_vtec77
01-01-2007, 08:28 PM
You can start the car, so nothing wrong with battery. For gear, did you step on brake before you change gear.

I had that sort of problem (cant move gear from P) before. First i tried to unlock the gear (lock is located next to gear stick, you have to put car key in to unlock), move gear to D then start the car. That's a bit doggy. Later on Ozhonda advised me to step on brake before changing gear from P to D or R. I think it's pretty good idea, lock the gear until you press brake so there will b no accidentally driving off the car.

Edgeauto
01-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Check the horn fuse as it also works the brake lights which is all tied up with the interlock system

nugget666
01-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Try pushing the car forward if it isnt on a hill. so it rolls forward of the park gear.

if its on a hill try harder pulling it out of p and always makre sure you put your handbreak up first on a hill.

02-01-2007, 01:16 PM
You can start the car, so nothing wrong with battery. For gear, did you step on brake before you change gear.

I had that sort of problem (cant move gear from P) before. First i tried to unlock the gear (lock is located next to gear stick, you have to put car key in to unlock), move gear to D then start the car. That's a bit doggy. Later on Ozhonda advised me to step on brake before changing gear from P to D or R. I think it's pretty good idea, lock the gear until you press brake so there will b no accidentally driving off the car.

eh agree with my_vtec77, try the shift lock, page 385 of my manual, good luck mate

R123
02-01-2007, 03:26 PM
thanx for the inputs guys...

called the Honda ROADSIDE service.. mate they are excellent !!.... they called a nrma guy and he checked it out, it was the fuse problem. after he changed the fuse, the horn is working and the gear stick is working fine too.

cheers

ZEi20T
02-01-2007, 03:56 PM
lol almost ALL roadside supports just call NRMA :P

glad to hear you got it fixed tho

kam
02-01-2007, 08:25 PM
is that what that little black plastic thing is next to the shifter? shiftlock ey - gotta give it a go next time

VirIIx
03-01-2007, 12:07 AM
you'd think with modern technology, an automatic would be easy to use or drive...

in my days of automatics we never had this shift lock thing.. it still confuses me as to how it works on all these cars i see it on ... wonder if howstuffworks has it on there :D

but good to hear it's all working.. darn modern technology!

Mr_will
03-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Try pushing the car forward if it isnt on a hill. so it rolls forward of the park gear.

THIS IS A REALLY REALLY STUPID IDEA. moving your car with the transmission in park can destroy the transmission.
this is the same reasoning by which you should never be in park at an intersection; either neutral or drive.

use commonsense - park is for parking, drive is for driving.