PDA

View Full Version : 06 Civic recall - Free boot lining

oniononline
02-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Just took my Civic in for 1000km service, and they told me there is a recall for 06 civic models to be installed with a boot liner for free~ No more ugly wires :) Take yours in now~~ hehe

Service Invoice:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/smarty88/civic/bootlining_recall.JPG

Boot Lining installed:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/smarty88/civic/bootlining_pic.jpg

MKI4EVA
02-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Just took my Civic in for 1000km service, and they told me there is a recall for 06 civic models to be installed with a boot liner for free~ No more ugly wires :) Take yours in now~~ hehe

hahaha fark thats a big fark up...........imagine that........the whole 06 production line the guy thats meant to be putting in the lining chucked a sicky. :D

dyljoy
02-01-2007, 02:43 PM
really? then i need to ask my dealer about this

TurBIce
02-01-2007, 02:52 PM
serious. i'm gonna give them a call tomorrow to comfirm. finally. gone the days of the ugly metal look

BlitZ
02-01-2007, 04:53 PM
hahaha the civic 06 is gonna be slower now with the additional weight heeheh..

kidding..

rhk
02-01-2007, 05:03 PM
what boot liner are you talking about?

oniononline
02-01-2007, 05:04 PM
really? then i need to ask my dealer about this

Yep :) Just took my babe back, her boot looks so much better now hehehe ~
Also, I told them about the rust on the front brakes' disc, where the rear brakes were painted in black for rust protection but the front didn't. They painted for free too, I believe all the Civics have the same issue, do that for yours aswell :P

ooo, I've asked them about the front windscreen image distortion when you move your head around, especially up and down, that occurs on all civics aswell, they said I could have the whole screen replaced if I want to, but since all civics both of us (Honda mechanics) examed has the same issue, it is very likely the replacement would have the same problem too, he suggest tell everyone else I know who owns a Civic and tell them to call their dealer regarding to this issue, they'll report to Honda, and hopefully, Honda will fix it and we all can swap a perfect new windscreen under warranty.

oniononline
02-01-2007, 05:08 PM

Currently, when you open your civic's boot, you'll see wires all over the place on the boot lid. Now you can claim a free boot liner( a big black pannel cover) to hide those wires and make it look better. It's free under warranty, I just got mine back, so sexy now :)

wassup
02-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Is there any documented info about this someplace? I'd just be nice to go in with something to reference when making the demand! :)

rhk
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Currently, when you open your civic's boot, you'll see wires all over the place on the boot lid. Now you can claim a free boot liner( a big black pannel cover) to hide those wires and make it look better. It's free under warranty, I just got mine back, so sexy now :)

thats awesome :D

thanks for the info

MKI4EVA
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
hahaha the civic 06 is gonna be slower now with the additional weight heeheh..

kidding..

true hey........with the bigger wheels for the sport as well..........oh wells show car anyhow.........hehehhe

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/resources/image/468e5c40a49bccfd/car_civicgalleryint07.jpg

dyljoy
02-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Great news, thx, buddy, Hope i can get my free boot line asap

TurBIce
02-01-2007, 09:26 PM
i called the dealer. he told me only vti-L + can get it.
but told me to call victoria customer service n complain. n they might do soemthing about it.
is this BS?

dyljoy
02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
WTF, how can they do this, i will ask my dealer tomorrow as well, see how's going, i am own a vti as well

G_Vtec
03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
WTF, how can they do this, i will ask my dealer tomorrow as well, see how's going, i am own a vti as well

keep us updated. I got my civic from NorthSide Honda and they have yet to confirm on anything regarding the boot lining.

and yes, a boot lining will complete the naked boot.

Shimian
03-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Im getting mine done sometime next week. Eastern Honda in Doncaster Victoria knows about it. Just quote you want to get a boot lining done. I was told it was Sport model only. I was planning on getting that section of the boot lined with carpet for my new sub. Saving myself some $$ and time thanks to Honda :p

IAMVTEC
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Dont want one, just adds weight. 1kg or 2kg, its still weight.

Shimian
03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I can always remove it if I find the 1kg/2kg is slowing my car down :D

oniononline
03-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Im getting mine done sometime next week. Eastern Honda in Doncaster Victoria knows about it. Just quote you want to get a boot lining done. I was told it was Sport model only. I was planning on getting that section of the boot lined with carpet for my new sub. Saving myself some $$ and time thanks to Honda :p

Mine's VTI-L , on my service summary, it only say "CIVIC BOOTLINER RECALL", no where mentioned about which model. :/

TurBIce
04-01-2007, 06:30 AM
i see, thanks for the heads up anyways.,
need to call victoria later.

xiaohung
04-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I just called my dealer today, they said there's no such recall for any civic 06 model.

how can i get this?

dyljoy
04-01-2007, 01:43 PM
really? I just plan to call them, oh, how can QLD guy get this item~

rhk
04-01-2007, 02:28 PM
i called up just then and they said that it was primarily for the earlier 2006 model civics. apperntly people who fall into this bracket will or shoudl have got a letter from honda australia which they were to take into the dealership and order the parts from.

neways my car falls out of that bracket so anyone with a build date of post september 2006 (as far as i know cause thats my build date) you dont need it because we already have it lol

dyljoy
04-01-2007, 02:31 PM
my car's build date same as ur car, why we can't take it as earier civic does

aaronng
04-01-2007, 02:33 PM
But I know of a newer civic without the boot lining and with exposed wires.

TurBIce
04-01-2007, 05:19 PM
does boot lining = the cover on the TOP? "lid"

rhk
04-01-2007, 05:20 PM
hmm i dunno my honda dealer said that we were "revised" with boot liner hmm maybe he didnt know what he was talking about pfft

Shimian
04-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I think its only for the inside part of the boot. That is where the cables are hanging. If the dealers that some of you guys go to dont know anything about it, ask them to call up Eastern Honda Doncaster in Victoria 03 98561333. These guys know whats going on. Ive just booked mine in to get it sorted out.

oniononline
04-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Images added :) Check 1st post

dyljoy
04-01-2007, 05:48 PM
thx for ur pic, u got purple one?:P

rhk
04-01-2007, 06:24 PM
yeah thanks for the pics.

hmm well i definately dont have that on my boot, i dont think the guy i was talking to knew what he was talking about

oniononline
04-01-2007, 06:39 PM
hehe, no prob :) Mine's Silver Moss :P

aaronng
04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the pic. Nope, the late 06 Sport doesn't have that.

Shimian
04-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Its on the boot lip? I was told it was on the inside top part of the boot? Thats where most of the cables are. So theres no lining there?

dyljoy
04-01-2007, 06:51 PM
the part u mention is other part, they seperate. but u can buy them from SG

xiaohung
04-01-2007, 08:22 PM
dyljoy, what should we do with ours? maybe just wait for the letter then.

anyway i called parts today, they're selling it for $73
i'll just wait if we can get it for free. :D

JaCe
04-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm also waiting for them to tell me it's free.. shall call Hornsby Honda if I remember.

dyljoy
04-01-2007, 09:36 PM
ya, same here, free will be acceptable, btw, will u do the car wash tomorrow night? can u bring the spacers as well, hoho, coz i will install the audio next mon, cheers~

Shimian
04-01-2007, 09:39 PM
the part u mention is other part, they seperate. but u can buy them from SG

You can buy the inside top part boot lining from SG? Where/What is SG? :confused:

xiaohung
04-01-2007, 09:41 PM
yea tomorrow i'll go, and i'll bring ur spacers.

do u still want my amp?

dyljoy
04-01-2007, 09:42 PM
bro, SG = singaport, but this is item out of stock there, should wait they in stock again,hoho

dyljoy
04-01-2007, 09:44 PM
ya, i want it, but still do the saving for it... ar.....

xiaohung
04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
how long for saving? coz i might need to buy my new amp

Aco3n
04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
any vti from melbourne done this? interested to know.. LOL

Shimian
04-01-2007, 11:23 PM
I was told its VTI-L and Sport models only. Maybe you can ask if they will sell one to you. Btw, I went to the Singapore Honda site and they only sell the lining for the boot lip, not the lining for the top of the boot (inside). I assume Singaport means the Singapore Honda? Correct me if im wrong. :confused:

panda[cRx]
04-01-2007, 11:28 PM

Service Invoice:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/smarty88/civic/bootlining_recall.JPG

what was the total invoice cost? $200 for labour is too high for a 10k service :confused:

the liner on the underside of the boot lid.

Is there any documented info about this someplace? I'd just be nice to go in with something to reference when making the demand! :)

just call up your dealer and ask if there are any outstanding 'campaigns' for your vehicle, make sure they check in on hondanet with the vin.
a 'campaign' is basically honda's term for a recall check/revised part installation

true hey........with the bigger wheels for the sport as well..........oh wells show car anyhow.........hehehhe

yep the sports now have super-hot 17's :thumbsup:

Im getting mine done sometime next week. Eastern Honda in Doncaster Victoria knows about it.

ALL dealerships should know about it, it was a nation wide bulletin

Honda Australia wishes to advise all dealers of a campaign to fit a boot liner to certain 2006YM Civic Sports and Vti variants.
Honda Australia Sales Department has advised that 2006YM Civic Sport and VTI-L will be fitted with a trunk liner as standard equipment. This campaign is to rectify all retailed Civic Sport and VTI-L. All VIN’s other than listed in the below Applicable VIN Range will be fitted with a boot liner from new.

Dont want one, just adds weight. 1kg or 2kg, its still weight.

shoo! go home! bad dog!

apperntly people who fall into this bracket will or shoudl have got a letter from honda australia which they were to take into the dealership and order the parts from.

yes a letter should have been sent to the owners of all the vehicles within the VIN range of the campaign informing them to get the boot liner fitted.

+rep ;)

Aco3n
05-01-2007, 09:11 AM
I think small chances for the vti then.. :P

I've called my dealer today.. they told me boot liner only applies to the new release cars.. oh well.. anyhow.. if any vti owner made it for free.. please let me know here.. hehe..

dyljoy
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
same here, hoho, Aco3n, may try to do the kit fitting job today, hope it won't take too much long time to make it

panda[cRx]
05-01-2007, 10:04 AM
yeah as stated it's sport and vti-l only fellas

chylld
05-01-2007, 10:31 AM
;1024884']Honda Australia wishes to advise all dealers of a campaign to fit a boot liner to certain 2006YM Civic Sports and Vti variants.
Honda Australia Sales Department has advised that 2006YM Civic Sport and VTI-L will be fitted with a trunk liner as standard equipment. This campaign is to rectify all retailed Civic Sport and VTI-L. All VIN’s other than listed in the below Applicable VIN Range will be fitted with a boot liner from new.

panda: thanks for finding that out, it's immensely useful. pity it doesn't cover vti though!

can u get the actual vin range as well? I want to make sure mine is covered, although by the sound of the above message, it seems like all sports and vti-ls that didn't come with it new will get it...

Shimian
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
if you quote ur rego when you call, they will know if you can get it or not on their system

panda[cRx]
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
panda: thanks for finding that out, it's immensely useful. pity it doesn't cover vti though!

can u get the actual vin range as well? I want to make sure mine is covered, although by the sound of the above message, it seems like all sports and vti-ls that didn't come with it new will get it...

no worries, glad to help. it's just a pity nobody gives out rep posts lol;)

and no i dont have any lists of which ones are included. ask your dealer or even pm me with your vin number and i can tell ya.

if you quote ur rego when you call, they will know if you can get it or not on their system

unless it is a dealer you have been to for servicing the rego won't mean anything, they'll need your vin details (found in LHF door frame, rego sticker and in engine bay)

chylld
05-01-2007, 01:44 PM
;1025371']no worries, glad to help. it's just a pity nobody gives out rep posts lol;)

i tried but it said i have to spread it around before giving you any more :)

my 12 month service is coming up in apr, i'll ask the dealer closer to then.

Aco3n
05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
+ 1 for panda.. :P .. just learn how to do it

panda[cRx]
05-01-2007, 03:59 PM
yay for me :p

s2o0o
05-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Frig Robert Lane HAHA.

I work in service at Patterson Cheney. You'd be amazed how many are coming in for 1000k service at present.

JaCe
07-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Sweet.. freebies. Need to contact Honda still.

Btw as a site to check out.. look at www.sgcarstyling.com I've ordered from them before (PM me for more info....), and whilst I'm not saying to buy or not to buy from them, they do represent some of the aftermarket/3rd party parts I saw available in Malaysia/Singapore.

wassup
07-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Just had my boot lining installed over the weekend. The dealer advised that owners should wait till they get a letter from Honda advising of the recall as the intention is to control the influx of owners heading in to have it done.

In anycase i had mine done without having received a letter.

Curious though the recall does not include the hinge covers and is strictly the boot lining. The hinge covers are an additional cost of about $30.

chylld
08-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Just had my boot lining installed over the weekend. The dealer advised that owners should wait till they get a letter from Honda advising of the recall as the intention is to control the influx of owners heading in to have it done.

Curious though the recall does not include the hinge covers and is strictly the boot lining. The hinge covers are an additional cost of about $30.

hmmm seems like honda's really trying to minimise the effort required to effect this trunk liner recall. the trunk liner itself is attached simply by using about 8 clips, however to attach the hinge covers, 2 holes need to be drilled in the hinges themselves to accommodate the clips for those pieces (see collegehillshonda.com podcast #16)

the $30 cost is most probably to account for labour than anything else... when i go to do mine i'll negotiate to get at least the hinge cover parts included and install them myself.

Shimian
08-01-2007, 01:03 PM

I just got mine done this morning. Yes, it does look sexy. Where can you get the hinge covers for an additional cost of $30? I asked my dealer and they said you cant get it.

dyljoy
08-01-2007, 01:32 PM
ya, u can get it for about $30, it is available in Brisbane now

Shimian
08-01-2007, 01:40 PM
damn, im from Melbourne. Oh well, i guess ill have to live without it

xiaohung
08-01-2007, 05:03 PM
i've got mine, incl boot hinge,
i have to spend $100 for those.

- boot lining itself
- 8 clips
- boot hinges

chylld
08-01-2007, 05:21 PM
i've got mine, incl boot hinge,
i have to spend $100 for those.

- boot lining itself
- 8 clips
- boot hinges

how do the boot hinges attach? the boot lining attaches with 8 clips (4x xmas tree clips + 4x screw clips) and the hinges i thought should attach with 2 xmas tree clips each... i.e. total of 12 clips

wassup
08-01-2007, 06:14 PM
damn, im from Melbourne. Oh well, i guess ill have to live without it

You can order the hinge covers separately from Honda. If your Parts dept are unsure they can reference the part from the Hybrid Civic as it is a standard item for that model.

The link below shows the Boot Lid insulator and also the Hinges (Boxed in RED)

http://www.sgcarstyling.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=98

Shimian
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
trouble is, they probably wont install it for free. Or maybe. I wouldnt do that part myself as it requires drilling and im scared incase i slip :eek:

xiaohung
09-01-2007, 01:36 AM
how do the boot hinges attach? the boot lining attaches with 8 clips (4x xmas tree clips + 4x screw clips) and the hinges i thought should attach with 2 xmas tree clips each... i.e. total of 12 clips

boot lining attached with 6 clips, and for the hinges you need to drill 2 holes if i'm not wrong. they also using clips.

chylld
09-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Shimian: well even if you do slip when drilling, it'll be covered up anyway :) the most important thing is to over the exposed metal with some touch-up paint to prevent corrosion.

xiaohung: are you sure the boot lining attaches with only 6 clips? my boot lid has 8 clip holes...

Shimian
09-01-2007, 07:50 AM
chyll: Im very uncoordinated when it comes to drilling metal. Ill just wait until the Melbourne dealer gets them in and ill just pay them. If I do it, ill probably end up with half a hinge from drilling all over the place. Maybe instead of drilling, ill just superglue the thing :confused:

xiaohung
09-01-2007, 06:36 PM
xiaohung: are you sure the boot lining attaches with only 6 clips? my boot lid has 8 clip holes...

yep, confirmed i just installed mine yesterday.

chylld
10-01-2007, 06:50 AM
yep, confirmed i just installed mine yesterday.

cool :)
is it possible to post a pic?

dyljoy
10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Got mine today, just done the boot line one, no idea for the hinge, coz they seems need two drill for each side, and the down side position is hard to do it, waiting for other comment for this~

chylld
10-01-2007, 09:58 PM
here's a podcast showing it being done by a service centre in america:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/artman/publish/article_484.shtml

the underside holes are a little awkward to get to yes, but i wouldn't trust someone to work on my car in the first place if they couldn't figure out how to do something so relatively simple...

dyljoy
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
so do i, but throw it to dealer with cost too much, may see someone hints first

wassup
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM

the underside holes are a little awkward to get to yes, but i wouldn't trust someone to work on my car in the first place if they couldn't figure out how to do something so relatively simple...

Link on that site doesnt work?

Shimian
10-01-2007, 11:48 PM

It looks simple when you see these guys do it. But I wouldnt even dare to try myself even if it took the whole day to drill 4 holes.

panda[cRx]
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM
i always wince when i see the guys at work drill holes into boots to fit spoilers lmfao

MKI4EVA
11-01-2007, 01:03 PM
late pics.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/146-4606_IMG.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/146-4607_IMG.jpg

Who the hell gives a full size mag spare wheel these days? woOhoo scored!! : )
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/146-4608_IMG.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/146-4611_IMG.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/146-4609_IMG.jpg

Extra hole for more hp? : )
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/146-4610_IMG.jpg

I noticed this extra gaurd for the sunroof..........im sure it doesn't affect airflow but we've noticed the sunroof now can be complete open at 80km/hr + without being extremely noisey.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/146-4613_IMG.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/146-4612_IMG.jpg

sorry to post this here but we look at all of the threads anyhow right?

funny stuff with new cars........you look at everything.

Cheers.

Nugget02
11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
awesome ride bro,, wanna trade wit mine? xP

Shimian
11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Not many cars get an extra wheel. Didnt the 06 civic come with a full sized wheel? My sport did, dunno about the other models. Regarding the extra hole. Thats where my switches live in the 06 model, my accent lighting switch + 2 spares.
Btw, does anyone know any Melbourne dealers that supply the hinge part? Eastern Honda (Doncaster) doesnt know anything about it. They claim all that was in the packaging were the bolts/screws and the main piece, no hinge covers. Alternatively, any interstate Honda dealers that supply this so i can let Eastern Honda know where to get one from

dyljoy
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Man, Hinge part can get from Highways honda which locate at springwood, Brisbane, it cost around $30. I believe u can find their info by honda website, hope it can help~

TurBIce
11-01-2007, 08:43 PM
we got a full sized spare too in the 06 vti civic.

MKI4EVA
11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Not many cars get an extra wheel. Didnt the 06 civic come with a full sized wheel? My sport did, dunno about the other models. Regarding the extra hole. Thats where my switches live in the 06 model, my accent lighting switch + 2 spares.
Btw, does anyone know any Melbourne dealers that supply the hinge part? Eastern Honda (Doncaster) doesnt know anything about it. They claim all that was in the packaging were the bolts/screws and the main piece, no hinge covers. Alternatively, any interstate Honda dealers that supply this so i can let Eastern Honda know where to get one from

was it the actual mag wheel spare though?

I remember it was full size but not the spare mag.

Shimian
11-01-2007, 09:14 PM
its a full size steel wheel, not alloy. Better than the crappy one you get with ur jazz. It looks like a bicycle wheel

Shimian
11-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Man, Hinge part can get from Highways honda which locate at springwood, Brisbane, it cost around $30. I believe u can find their info by honda website, hope it can help~

How come these guys have it and not the other Honda dealers? I would have thought the hinges came with the package. Anyways, ill let my dealer know about Highway Honda. Hopefully they can work something out.

dyljoy
12-01-2007, 12:48 AM
may they source from difference area, but i believe hinge part will available everywhere within AUS, due to it is become standard for 07 model, so they need them in stock as supply

panda[cRx]
12-01-2007, 01:15 AM
the hinge cover is available from any dealer, you just need to ask for it. it is not a part of the 894 campaign (boot lining fitment).

i believe the hinge cover is standard on new sport and hybrid, not too sure about vti and vti-l

MKI4EVA
12-01-2007, 06:36 AM
its a full size steel wheel, not alloy. Better than the crappy one you get with ur jazz. It looks like a bicycle wheel

koolies I was right then. Because my gf remembers we got a actual spare mag wheel : ).

Shimian
12-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Woohoo, finally can get those hinges. Here are the details for those who wants it done.
Part No: 74896-SNL000ZA (left hinge) $16
74895-SNL000ZA (right hinge) $16

Labor: $50 - 30min job according to Honda.

Total cost: $82 parts and labor.

Its worth the money to get them to do it if youre scared of stuffing up the drilling :p

chylld
12-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Labor: $50 - 30min job according to Honda.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i acknowledge the fact that it is definitely the best way if you aren't capable with power tools, but to think... $50 to drill 4 holes!?!? each hole takes about 10 seconds to pick up the drill and position it, 20 seconds to drill the hole, 10 seconds to put the drill back, 10 seconds to add touch up paint around the hole, 5 seconds to pick up a clip and push it in... that's 55-60 seconds per hole = 4 minutes per car. it is not a 30 minute job and no matter what you are most comfortable with, you are being severely ripped off.

then again if you don't have a drill in the first place and you'll never use a drill ever again in your life, it might be more cost-effective to have honda do it :)

Shimian
12-01-2007, 11:10 AM
LoL, even though its a 5 min job, they are not gonna tell u its a 5 min job. They have to drive the car into the service area, grab the tools, setup the tools, have a coffee in between each hole etc. So theres the 30 min :D
$12.50 for each hole for me is ok. Since I dont own a drill or touchup paint, and im also paying for insurance cos if I stuff up, ill end up with more than 2 holes on each hinge :) but if they stuff up, they will have to replace the hinge. Ill be unscrewing it to check the workmanship :P

chylld
12-01-2007, 11:12 AM
yeh i agree in your situation it totally makes sense to have honda do it :) when my turn comes around though i know what i'll be doing heheh

panda[cRx]
13-01-2007, 12:31 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i acknowledge the fact that it is definitely the best way if you aren't capable with power tools, but to think... $50 to drill 4 holes!?!? each hole takes about 10 seconds to pick up the drill and position it, 20 seconds to drill the hole, 10 seconds to put the drill back, 10 seconds to add touch up paint around the hole, 5 seconds to pick up a clip and push it in... that's 55-60 seconds per hole = 4 minutes per car. it is not a 30 minute job and no matter what you are most comfortable with, you are being severely ripped off.

then again if you don't have a drill in the first place and you'll never use a drill ever again in your life, it might be more cost-effective to have honda do it :)

ok hero i wanna see you post a video of you fitting a boot liner in 4 minutes.
youtube ftw!

Rice_4_life
13-01-2007, 12:45 AM
i've done it but it took lik 25*** mins >< but that's because the workshop drill broke :P not my fault boss!! and also the drill bits were all pretty blunt. And to my surprise the hinge area u drill is thicker than i 1st thought...

chylld
13-01-2007, 07:16 AM
;1033121']ok hero i wanna see you post a video of you fitting a boot liner in 4 minutes.
youtube ftw!

no need; check out collegehillshonda podcast #16.

also remember the $50/30 minutes we're talking about is just for the hinge covers; not the whole boot liner.

dyljoy
13-01-2007, 08:47 AM
boot lining even more easier, u don't need drill any hole on it, just plug and play~

Rice_4_life
13-01-2007, 12:04 PM
boot lining even more easier, u don't need drill any hole on it, just plug and play~

how so? u need to drill 2 holes on the boot hinge to insert 2 clips. u could just leave it but im pretty sure ppl will start noticing soon afterwards.

dyljoy
13-01-2007, 12:07 PM
oh, yeah, u are right, due to i get hinge part as well, but i doesn't put them pn yet, coz i need drill otehr 2 hole down side of the position, so atm i just leave the undirll hole there, hoho

defect
14-01-2007, 10:20 AM
that's a mad f*ck up. haha.. ill let my friend know about her car soon.

Shimian
16-01-2007, 02:26 PM
hoorah, got my hinges done today. Looks sexy and complete now. Worth the $82. And yes, it took 30minutes. Went into the demo room and checked out the 07 civic during the wait. Dont really like the new 17"s. Looks kinda small. Definitely 18"s all the way.

chylld
16-01-2007, 02:29 PM
hoorah, got my hinges done today. Looks sexy and complete now. Worth the $82. And yes, it took 30minutes. Went into the demo room and checked out the 07 civic during the wait. Dont really like the new 17"s. Looks kinda small. Definitely 18"s all the way.

nice!

are there any other differences besides the wheels and the boot lining? iirc the only other difference was an aux-in jack...

Shimian
16-01-2007, 03:27 PM
nice!

are there any other differences besides the wheels and the boot lining? iirc the only other difference was an aux-in jack...

I think the sunroof bay is a little different. Someone confirm. And where those 3 switches on the right of the steering wheel is now an empty bay like the one further down. No more silver moss, a new colour sparkle grey, and all leathers are grey, no more blue. I think thats it.

MKI4EVA
16-01-2007, 05:08 PM
nice!

yeh theres just an extra plastic bit in the sunroof.

MKI4EVA
16-01-2007, 05:13 PM

you saw the 17's in person and you didn't like the design? Bigger is always nice but I reckon the design on the 17" isn't bad. The 06 sports mag were definately on the boring side. But I agree 18"s on it would look very nice.

dyljoy
16-01-2007, 05:39 PM
anyway, 07 civic got more potential to keep the resell value,but i won't regret to get 06 civic, coz they are all look sexy~

Shimian
16-01-2007, 07:55 PM
you saw the 17's in person and you didn't like the design? Bigger is always nice but I reckon the design on the 17" isn't bad. The 06 sports mag were definately on the boring side. But I agree 18"s on it would look very nice.

I think the 17"s will look nice for certain colours. For my colour, it will look crappy. I looked at the new civic on display (White colour) from different angles and came to a conclusion that it looks too small. Ive seen aftermarket 17"s on the civic and they look quite good. But not this one.

Forgot to add. Took some pics of my new hinges. Got trigger happy since i charged my camera :)

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/13.JPG

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/14.JPG

yeehou
15-03-2007, 02:57 PM
resurrecting old post, I'm going to service my car soon, should I tell them about the boot lining? or they will do it for me?

What if they said there is no such thing? What should I do.

chylld
15-03-2007, 03:06 PM
there is such a thing... you can print this thread out just in case, but it shouldn't be needed.

i would advise asking for the boot lining recall item when you book the service, and ensure they have it in as a recall item not a parts sale (it costs almost $200). you shouldn't have any problems though.

yeehou
15-03-2007, 03:58 PM
anyone done it in victoria? i might jus go to that dealer, dont trust my own dealer. message me with your dealer name. thanks

Shimian
15-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I got mine done at Eastern Honda - Doncaster

yeehou
16-03-2007, 09:29 AM
called up Eastern Honda. Will get my boot lining done next week.

And they only charge 205 for the 20000 km service, which I would have paid 325 for the same service in my own dealer.

That's more than a $100 savings, thought all dealer will charge the same, i was wrong. Thanks Shimian

denot
16-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Guys,

I'm about to do the 10k service next week... does any1 kno if I can still ask the boot lining campaign to Honda in Sydney? Also, can any1 tell me what other "campaign" they have on the Civic Sports?

Thanks

destrukshn
16-03-2007, 10:49 AM
either way, you can buy one for like $20.
lol.

aaronng
16-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Guys,

I'm about to do the 10k service next week... does any1 kno if I can still ask the boot lining campaign to Honda in Sydney? Also, can any1 tell me what other "campaign" they have on the Civic Sports?

Thanks

If you don't have a boot liner in your Sports, then yes, ask them to install it when you book in for service. Call them BEFORE you bring your car into servicing.

denot
19-03-2007, 08:33 AM
If you don't have a boot liner in your Sports, then yes, ask them to install it when you book in for service. Call them BEFORE you bring your car into servicing.

Thanks again aaronng... is all Sports covered (06 and 07)? Any other "campaign" that I should know before I ring them this week?

wassup
19-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks again aaronng... is all Sports covered (06 and 07)? Any other "campaign" that I should know before I ring them this week?

Only 06 Models are covered as the 07 VTiL and Sports have boot linings as standard.

Youll want to ring them to ensure they have it in stock.

Nugget02
22-03-2007, 09:24 PM
hey denot man, i jst got my service done at eastwood honda, appearantly parts are from hybrid civics n they have to preorder first and theres a diffrence in price for left ($27) and right ($32) hinge covers, weirdd,,

n off topic, i just realized the hybrids have rear middle armrestt!!! dang, wanted one of those...

wassup
22-03-2007, 09:41 PM
hey denot man, i jst got my service done at eastwood honda, appearantly parts are from hybrid civics n they have to preorder first and theres a diffrence in price for left ($27) and right ($32) hinge covers, weirdd,,

n off topic, i just realized the hybrids have rear middle armrestt!!! dang, wanted one of those...

Shouldnt be....

Got mine cost price @ $14 each hinge cover.. they should be listed with the same price. Maybe call around?

chylld
22-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Shouldnt be....

Got mine cost price @ $14 each hinge cover.. they should be listed with the same price. Maybe call around?

i've heard prices similar to this too. wassup: which honda dealer did u get urs from?

denot
23-03-2007, 08:27 AM

Yo! I just rang Honda to book my service and bring up this "campaigns" to them... they sed they'll check my windows, power steer and... boot lining!!! yay!!!

JaCe
24-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Got mine the other day from Scott's in Atarmon. Very nice :)

Shimian
24-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Its about time Jace. :p Did you get the hinges too?

Nugget02
25-03-2007, 04:24 PM
jace did u change ur rims? i think i saw ur car with that chrom eylids a few weeks bac in bridge heading north

wassup
25-03-2007, 08:36 PM
i've heard prices similar to this too. wassup: which honda dealer did u get urs from?

Larke Hoskin's.

ricksta
03-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I am new here and would appreciate any opinions.
I have a 2006 sport and when I rang and enquired with Honda they said that my VIN was in the range to receive the boot lining.
I was going to get my 20K service done at Hanny's Performance in Sydney who quoted me $135 (as per log book) or $300 (major service and change gear box oil). Honda quoted $260 for the service.
Can you get the boot lining without a service? Is it worth spending the additional $125? How much to buy it?

denot
03-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I am new here and would appreciate any opinions.
I have a 2006 sport and when I rang and enquired with Honda they said that my VIN was in the range to receive the boot lining.
I was going to get my 20K service done at Hanny's Performance in Sydney who quoted me $135 (as per log book) or $300 (major service and change gear box oil). Honda quoted $260 for the service.
Can you get the boot lining without a service? Is it worth spending the additional $125? How much to buy it?

firstly, i paid the same amount ($260) last Saturday for my service (minor I believe) and got the boot liner thingy. I think you can bring your car in and get the boot liner without have to service it at the same time (just dont do it when your car about to/just had service, otherwise Honda will not like it if you service it sumwhere else - or just sed you service it at diff dealer :p). And extra $125 is definetely not worthed! (you dont even kno what are they doing inside) only worthed for your warranty (so they dont have any excuse to void them)

chylld
12-04-2007, 11:43 PM
just got my 06 serviced at scott's (artarmon) and got the hinge covers too! :D

http://temp.jw.id.au/bootlid2.jpg

hinge covers cost $28.60 installed.

JaCe
14-04-2007, 08:57 PM
jace did u change ur rims? i think i saw ur car with that chrom eylids a few weeks bac in bridge heading north

Nah I didn't change rims. Also that could very well be me 'coz I doubt anyone else installed the chrome eyelids. Did the car have the modified grille too? That and I drive on the bridge multiple times per week (since I live out beyond Epping).. on a sidenote, Lane Cove Tunnel is so good... omg... don't know how I survived without it. Whether or not I'll pay the $2.55 come 25th is another matter though.

As for hinges- I only have boot lining... honestly, I don't see any point in the hinges if it costs money because I'm happy the way my car is.

dyljoy
15-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Tru, hinges is not affect me as well, even i just added it on. but honestly, with hinges, boot lining looks hotter~