PDA

View Full Version : Alpine HeadUnits

Euro1011
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this website. Hope any of could possibly help me out with this confusion I'm having regarding Alpine Audio/Visual Units.
I'm getting the Alpine IVA-W200Ri unit soon but the only thing i know is that this can control an external Digital TV Tuner as opposed to the IVA-W200E. Based on the specs, the features are quite similar.
Do any of u know whether the IVA-W200Ri is a multi region DVD player and have any of u installed it in ur car and what do u think of it?
I'll be installing it in my Euro.

Thanks

aka_NSX
03-01-2007, 10:00 PM
where did u buy the alpine from ? coz if Australian one usually only can play region 4, but sometime if from asia it might be already all region

i just installed pioneer one indash 6 dvd changer and its all region already

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3798&stc=1&d=1167825848

ocean_blue
04-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this website. Hope any of could possibly help me out with this confusion I'm having regarding Alpine Audio/Visual Units.
I'm getting the Alpine IVA-W200Ri unit soon but the only thing i know is that this can control an external Digital TV Tuner as opposed to the IVA-W200E. Based on the specs, the features are quite similar.
Do any of u know whether the IVA-W200Ri is a multi region DVD player and have any of u installed it in ur car and what do u think of it?
I'll be installing it in my Euro.

Thanks

Most of the w200ri are region 2 not region 4.

THe units for the Ocean market are W200E and are mostly region 4 though some are region 4

The is firmware available for most of the Alpine HU to make them all zone

If you are putting it into a Honda I would suggest that you get a installation kit these guys, they also have the firmware -
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=97
The W200Ri will control the Tv tuner fine.

Kazaf
04-01-2007, 04:20 PM
where did u buy the alpine from ? coz if Australian one usually only can play region 4, but sometime if from asia it might be already all region

i just installed pioneer one indash 6 dvd changer and its all region already

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3798&stc=1&d=1167825848

What model is that?
Doesnt look too bad, I'm still deciding whether to get double din or single motorised.

is it touch panel?

ocean_blue
04-01-2007, 04:28 PM
What model is that?
Doesnt look too bad, I'm still deciding whether to get double din or single motorised.

is it touch panel?

It is the Pioneer AVh-P6850DVD

I would not be buying one at the moment as the new PIONEER Range is just about to be released

including the AVIC range for australia

Cheers

Kazaf
04-01-2007, 06:52 PM
but it's going to cost heaps more!

ocean_blue
04-01-2007, 06:57 PM
but it's going to cost heaps more!

Why how much do you think the Australian Model of the AVH-6850DVD is??

They RRP$ 2299.00

and I would not buy one of EBAY as they are all REFURBISHED and not overed by Pioneer AUSTRALIA

now where they are at $1850.00

Cheers

Euro1011
04-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The pioneer unit looks nice...might be a bit too expensive for my budget. I'm getting the Alpine W200ri for $1750 installed.
Yeah, some audio person over east told me it's region 4 and can get Alpine to
make it region free for a fee of course.

Euro1011
04-01-2007, 09:27 PM
In reply to your question, i'm buying in australia.

Euro1011
04-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Most of the w200ri are region 2 not region 4.

THe units for the Ocean market are W200E and are mostly region 4 though some are region 4

The is firmware available for most of the Alpine HU to make them all zone

If you are putting it into a Honda I would suggest that you get a installation kit these guys, they also have the firmware -
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=97
The W200Ri will control the Tv tuner fine.

Sorry if i'm being difficult but where can i get the firmware from asap. If from Alpine, then it will take at least a week as they open shop next week.

aka_NSX
04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
yeah, i think for australian one usually only region 4, if u dont mind panasonic screen CQ-VD6503 (http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=3339) i can make it region free, and its australian one not from overseas with warranty.....

ocean_blue
04-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The pioneer unit looks nice...might be a bit too expensive for my budget. I'm getting the Alpine W200ri for $1750 installed.

You can get a IVA-W200E Brand new and full warranty that is all zone for $1200.00

and installation is only about $100.00

ocean_blue
04-01-2007, 11:07 PM

It cost $400.00 extra for alpine to make the all zone

So $1350.00 installed is a lot cheaper and not the europe model... from CAFO

ocean_blue
04-01-2007, 11:12 PM
yeah, i think for australian one usually only region 4, if u dont mind panasonic screen CQ-VD6503 (http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=3339) i can make it region free, and its australian one not from overseas with warranty.....

Panasonic come region free... as they dont really sell enough of there units to worry about locking regions.

aka_NSX
05-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Panasonic come region free... as they dont really sell enough of there units to worry about locking regions.

who said panasonic is region free :confused: ??? its not on mine, u need to program it to make it region free...........

ocean_blue
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Oh well, our come All zone!!

Cheers

muhhan
06-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Are you guys in Australia? Aren't most of the DVDs you're going to play be region 4 or no region encoding anyway? Why not use a backup copy of your DVD to play in the car? That way in the event of a theft you haven't lost your treasured original DVD.

Where are you getting the IVA-W200E for $1200 from? If you're after a single DIN unit the IVA-D200E is worth a look as well. I particularly found the menu and touch screen very easy to use and navigate. I felt comfortable with the controls after about 15mins of playing around. I also found the Alpine unit's image to be a lot better quality than the Panasonic and the Pioneer. The colour and sharpness of the image seemed to be better in comparison. Not sure if it was just those demo models or what though. The only thing with the Alpine though is that it is a slightly smaller screen.

ocean_blue
07-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Are you guys in Australia? Aren't most of the DVDs you're going to play be region 4 or no region encoding anyway? Why not use a backup copy of your DVD to play in the car? That way in the event of a theft you haven't lost your treasured original DVD.

Where are you getting the IVA-W200E for $1200 from? If you're after a single DIN unit the IVA-D200E is worth a look as well. I particularly found the menu and touch screen very easy to use and navigate. I felt comfortable with the controls after about 15mins of playing around. I also found the Alpine unit's image to be a lot better quality than the Panasonic and the Pioneer. The colour and sharpness of the image seemed to be better in comparison. Not sure if it was just those demo models or what though. The only thing with the Alpine though is that it is a slightly smaller screen.

No Such ANIMAL as a IVA-D200 in any format "E" "J" "R" etc it would be the D100

muhhan
07-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry, my bad. So many models out there it's easy to get confused, but you know which one I'm talking about yeah?

ocean_blue, I got your PM. Thanks buddy. What's your opinion of the panasonic compared to pioneer compared to alpine? Particularly in regards to single DIN DVD head units with flip out screens? Do you find any better than the other in terms of picture reproduction, sound reproduction, menu layout and navigation?

ocean_blue
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry, my bad. So many models out there it's easy to get confused, but you know which one I'm talking about yeah?

ocean_blue, I got your PM. Thanks buddy. What's your opinion of the panasonic compared to pioneer compared to alpine? Particularly in regards to single DIN DVD head units with flip out screens? Do you find any better than the other in terms of picture reproduction, sound reproduction, menu layout and navigation?

Personally, I would no touch Panasonic.

Pioneer do very good units as well as APLINE... though the Alpine units are old designs... they dont even play divx - dvd audio , usb etc

Personally I think the JVC units are underrated... they are extremely good units

I really like the new Pioneer AVIC for 2007 which will be release in two weeks

Pioneer, JVC are alot better than the ALPINE units, as I said the ALPINE units are OLD designs, just look at the D310 which came out in 2003 and lasted until this year, they were replaced with the D100 which is only a glorified D310

The AVH-7850DVD is a extremely good unit!

Though there are alot of people who will not buy anything else other than ALPINE - and I was one of them, though that was unit the mid 90's when there quality to the best on the market and they were still made in japan... look at how many problem there are with the CDA range of HU with the CD play not ejecting the swing face not working etc.