PDA

View Full Version : CRV 2002 Advice needed dismantling console and SRS indicator

OzSir2
04-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi Guys,
My question relates to the 2002 CRV:

1.Does anyone know any details about the seatbelt pretensioners? I took apart the car to remove some sand/hair etc which ahd worked its way everywhere (from previous owner).I assume that I may have bumped or dislodged a connection as the SRS warning light comes on indicating Airbag or Seatbelt Pretensioner problem.I know it is not the airbags as I only cleaned the carpet sand etc up to the dash area as I couldn't work out how to remove the console at the front. I used an air compressor and vacuum cleaner to clean around the seatbelt spool but did not touch any of the wiring in that area. I called an auto electrician who said that maybe a wire had come loose when the trim was reinstalled.
I would like to know if anyone has knowledge about the pretensioner and any suggestions before I dismantle the car to look for the problem?

2.Does anyone know how to remove the lower section of the center console? I took out the 3 screws around the pull out tray and the two fornt screws and the two lug/clips on either side but it feels as if there is something at the front lower left behind the palstic which is holding the thing in still.I would like to know if anyone has taken it off before and how?

Once I get this off, I am planning to totally remove the carpet to remove more sand (car was prevoiusly mistreated by beach lover ?).