PDA

View Full Version : Dc2 - Choosing Exhaust System

TheSaint
05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey,

Done a bit of research and from what i want / whats around, it would seem that the Mugen Twinloop catback system would be the go, now i know its expensive but i dont really mind if its going to be as good as people say it is.

My dilemma is though i want to do hi-flo cat and extractors as well, now if i go thorouh bread and get those Mugen as well its going to work out to be a very expensive exercise =( as each component costs well over a 1k$ each.

Now if its going to be worth it ill do it, but i thought i would ask the ozhonda community first, is it really worth getting the whole lot? or is there a better combination that i can get with the Mugen system? or should i get a different setup altogether? (ie Fujitsubo) something that is going to give me the nice sound and flow of Mugen? (iv rulled out x-force, its cheap and just not the same)

please help me =(

SLOWEGG
05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
If you have the money then go ahead and do it. Most of the brand name exhaust are about the same as each other ie. mugen, fuji, spoon. But you can save yourself some money if you go custom exhaust.

Civic^^
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
you dont have to get the whole lot being the same brand~
can have like toda or 5zigen extractors and mugen exhaust etc

TheSaint
05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
kinda looking for more specific comments, i already know that the spoon ones are too loud, and i dont really know much about hi flo cats and extractors (thus why i asked)

has anyone had much experience with mugen stuff, and good alternatives or combos (hi-flo cat + extractors) to put with the mugen catback system, or anyone have any opinions regarding mugen system vs fuji?

civicCXI
05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
i've heard that the mugen twinloop is slightly restrictive. Atm, I really like the fujitsubo rm01 or powergetter, sounds really nice and give u a good flow, better than twinloop and nice deep sound too.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44668&highlight=fujitsubo on DC5

As for the extractors, get Toda racing headers. Not sure if u can fit a cat w/o modification, but u can always ask the Toda Aust trader (Toda AU) http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23733
Visit http://bob123e.tripod.com/thegreatheadertest/ for the performance of each extractors.
If the extrators can be bolt on to any hi flo + cat back, then get a metal cat hi flow cat (www.xspeed.com.au (http://www.xspeed.com.au))

TheSaint
05-01-2007, 09:14 PM
kinda looking at getting 5zigen headers with mugen catback system... now all i need to know is 5zigen vs toda headers and what kind of cat to put with it, is the type-r cat good enough?
cheers

EG5
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Toda is the best off the shelf header that you can get on the market.
BUt again you get what you paid for.
Any jap header can be fitted with any high flow cat , as long as u got a special flange to suit 2.5 inch collector.
* We got that special JDM flange to suit any aftermarket high flow cat for Jap brand header*

chai
05-01-2007, 10:12 PM
toda header + jdm cat + powergetter got me from 94.1kw to 110.9kw on my dc2r. wouldnt know if its worth the money i paid for them, but im pretty satisfied with my setup

Zilli
05-01-2007, 10:24 PM
toda header + jdm cat + powergetter got me from 94.1kw to 110.9kw on my dc2r. wouldnt know if its worth the money i paid for them, but im pretty satisfied with my setup

is that with or without tuning?

chai
05-01-2007, 10:26 PM
without tuning. stock air filter too with cold air feed

Zilli
05-01-2007, 10:29 PM
very impressive

TheSaint
08-01-2007, 07:23 PM
if anyone has toda/5zigen/mugen headers on thier dc2, could u let me know wat it is like?

also if anyone has mugen cat back could they let me know wat it is like?

or any experiences wth installing + using these products

iv had a lot of people tell me all these products are good and now i am confused and have burnt out most of my own research, im about to spend a lot of money on this and i want to make sure i get it right =/

had a lot of good info posted and im pretty convinced with the mugen cat back system, now im just stuck on what to do with headers (and cat) =(

V_tec 4 life
08-01-2007, 10:25 PM
ive got an EM1 stock with a full exhaust system its got the lot extractors hi flow cat and so on and the car realy goes hard with it on will beat stockish b16a's and is very impresive with a dc2r as for choosing a brand id go for spoon or mugen if you dont mind spending a lil extra

TheSaint
09-01-2007, 12:50 AM
what did u get put on your em1?