PDA

View Full Version : whats the go with LSDs

ah789454
10-06-2004, 06:41 PM
this is for all boys with LSD. if you drop the clutch from 7 grand are the wheels suppose spin (almost like doing a burnout) or is it suppose to spin just a little. cos mr jdm took off hard and he just sat there doing a burn out. he is suppose to have a lsd thats y im asking

wynode
10-06-2004, 07:03 PM
LSD doesn't magically give you better traction in a straight line its mainly there to overcome problems with an open diff where power tends to get transferred to the wheel with least grip (IE inside wheel when taking a corner).

A LSD on the other hand will transfer power to the wheel with most grip/most ressitance.

In a straight line, it really depends on which wheel has the most/least grip.

Jack the car up and spin one of the tyres with your hand. Does the other wheel spin in the same direction?

EDIT: Typo/bad expression

[[d a n n y]]
10-06-2004, 07:13 PM
well if he dropped the clutch at 7K rpm
ur gonna do a burnout for sure...unless u got super super grippy tyres..

SPEEDCORE
10-06-2004, 09:15 PM
A LSD on the other hand will transfer power to the wheel with most grip/least ressitance.

I don't understand how a wheel with most grip can have the least resistance?

You have stumped the shit out of me with this one!

wynode
10-06-2004, 09:23 PM
My bad, I meant most grip/most ressistance.

carbine
10-06-2004, 11:53 PM
7k without wheelspin :\ i would like to see the gearbox and/or axles after that.

SPEEDCORE
11-06-2004, 10:11 AM
My bad, I meant most grip/most ressistance.

No worries man I was thinking ummmmm what the heck? :shock:

;)

geo41e
11-06-2004, 03:35 PM
lols...

LSD doesn't ain't TCS...exactly what wynode wrote

**Ghost**
15-06-2004, 02:51 PM
i heard the theory goes that when ur doing a turn, the inner tyre... hang on

say ur doing a left turn... that means ur left front tiyre has less distance to travel than the right front tire, which takes the wider angle. THis cna upset the balance of ur car as both tyres/wheels are deriving the same source of drive from ur engigne...

so a LSD was meant to actually balance that through some tricky technical stuff i dont udnerstand... but yhe it provides better traction in that situation

SPEEDCORE
15-06-2004, 03:44 PM
From my understanding... an LSD will also make an FF car more prone to understeer...... as you try to power out of a corner that is .

You have to actually start to turn the wheels earlier and potentially have to change the angle that you attack the corner.

This is just my view what are peoples thoughts on this? As I would love to get one eventually......... when the bank account recovers from trying to build and EK4 and AE86.

pgclee
15-06-2004, 04:42 PM
but one quick question, doesn't you guyz when in the corner, and the Tail tends to be abit twitchy??? the feeling of oversteer, just like the rear is giving out...but when you power it up abit more, the car tends to turn in much sharper...?...

hmm....or is just a nature of an EK?

h22a accord
15-06-2004, 05:05 PM
since fitting a JDM h22a in my accord ( which has factory LSD) i have found the car less prone to understeer. and its good when you are accelerating out of around a sweeping bend in VTEC as the power goes to the ground instead of the inside wheel lighting up.

I get almost no torque steer compared to when i had an open diff and less power. i find that it just feels better overall.

I would hate to be driving a h22a with an open diff (no LSD) you would be spinning it up in third gear.