PDA

View Full Version : dash lights

RIVAL
07-01-2007, 12:39 PM
i have a civic eg and the dash part where the ac controls are just above the headunit i think mite have been disconnected some how cos the lights dont work or maybe they are blown. how do i take that dash part off or change the bulbs:(

TRUMAN
08-01-2007, 09:03 PM
try tapping the dash hard a couple of times.. and see how it goes.. coz it did the job for my friends dc2r

rivergod
09-01-2007, 08:50 AM
indiglo guages! hehehe its a sign!

Boban
09-01-2007, 10:30 AM
indiglo guages! hehehe its a sign!

I don't think they make indiglo gauges for the a/c

One of mine is starting to flicker on and off and i just give it a tap and it stays on, but if yours are totally gooooonnneee like you said you might have to pull it appart.

I tried, but failed. What i did find out (appart from that it's a b!tch to do) is that there are 3 screws holding it in between the ac control and the head unit, so take out the head unit and take them out. This will make it loose but it still won't slide out because the rods behind it are still connected (ac rods, adjust the direction of the flow etc....) i didn't bother disconecting them just in case i break something.

If you manage to pull yours out let us know so i can try it, i want to put some blue lights in there

marte
09-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Theres something in the diy section, about the civic eg ac control light

RIVAL
09-01-2007, 09:57 PM
lol b4 i wrote this thread the lights where like half on half dead i bang it came on then again after turned car on same thing banged again and just died i thought maybe somethiing fell out like a wire or sumthin?
then i wrote this thread.
mite try taking it apart just get up early and finish late lol