PDA

View Full Version : J's Racing Japan side inner brace

yfin
07-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Hope not a repost - haven't seen this item before. It is an inner side brace to increase the rigidity of the Euro to improve handling. Just taking the raw yen value it is about $224 AUD.

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/gal/WriteIMG.asp?xMODE=L&FName=cl7%2Fsibe2002%2Ejpg

Source is here: Linky (http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/index.asp?xMODE=SHOP&xSW=2&xBUNRUI=112&xPARENT=111&xSHASHU=5)

ZEi20T
07-01-2007, 01:17 PM
tell me the chassis cant be THAT weak for them to need bracing there!!

Chi
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeh, i think its a waste of money unless you track alot.

Heck even if you track i reckon its a waste of money.

yfin
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
tell me the chassis cant be THAT weak for them to need bracing there!!

The chassis is not weak - it is all about incremental improvement. You can get the bracing for lots of cars, s2000 etc. Hard to say how much difference it makes until someone tries it.

edit - here is some J's racing sales pitch as to why it is useful (from here (http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=JS_FENDERBAR))

"J's Racing inner fender brace provides chassis reinforcement between the joint of the car's front engine section and mid cockpit section. Typically, the greatest strength of the car's chassis will be low, concentrated in the frame. As we move up the chassis, we find there is less reinforcement, especially at the fender area, where the forward section and mid section of the car are joined by a few spot welds. Consequently, under hard braking and cornering there is a great amount of flex and twist at the fender area. The J's Racing fender brace reduces this flexing and the sloppy steering response associated with it. Chassis rigidity is increased noticeably and turn in response is significantly crisper and faster."

EuroAccord13
07-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Interesting...

Now we know how it looks like, we can go custom make one up....

It's a mod no one can see... I can go tell everyone I have this mod too!! :D

aaronng
07-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeh, i think its a waste of money unless you track alot.

Heck even if you track i reckon its a waste of money.

The EuroR doesn't have extra spot welds to stiffen the chassis unlike the Honda Corolla Type S.

euro69
07-01-2007, 02:44 PM
i also think it's useless unless u track the car alot.
i have had j's racing catalog since nov. not much body parts for the euro accord.... they only have 3 part listing. Engine torque damper, side inner brace, front tower bar. they did have the rear tower bar in the 06 cat, but no longer in production.

aaronng
07-01-2007, 02:49 PM
A rear tower bar? Really? I am after that!

euro69
07-01-2007, 03:01 PM
yeah they did have it listed in the 06 cat, but when i went to order one they said its not in production anymore....
so i guess i would have to find one second hand in japan....

aaronng
07-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Do you think whiteline would be willing to make a custom one for the Euro?

euro69
07-01-2007, 03:24 PM
i guess they can...
i was told by my guy at whiteline if i wanted one i would have to leave my car there for a day....

aaronng
07-01-2007, 03:28 PM
i guess they can...
i was told by my guy at whiteline if i wanted one i would have to leave my car there for a day....

Do you plan on doing that? If you do, let me know as I would want to get one as well.

euro69
07-01-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah, guess so..... will let u know when i get one
but will have to be in a few weeks when i get my car back.

tony1234
07-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm assuming you have to remove the guard to fit the brace.Seems like overkill to me.(And too much hard work!)

yfin
07-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Why all the negativity this adds more stiffness than tower bars and works in two planes back and forth and twisting (torsion) of the whole front clip.

Good question - I think it is due to this mod being less well known and understood. It only takes one person to try this and rave about it for everyone to jump on board... The pricing is surprisingly good too.

aaronng
07-01-2007, 05:37 PM
It's a good mod for track. Similar to the strut bar and underbrace.

yfin
07-01-2007, 05:53 PM
It's a good mod for track. Similar to the strut bar and underbrace.

I hope someone tries this if it is better than the strut brace. I couldn't live without the strut brace - just for street driving. Cornering attitude is more stable and the steering has sharpened up quite a bit.

EuroAccord13
07-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm up for a rear tower bar too... Need some rear end stiffness LOL!

yfin
07-01-2007, 05:59 PM

I wonder how you can connect the rear towers on the Euro without making a mess of the boot?

EuroAccord13
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
The boot lining would need to be cut.... heheheheh

euro69
07-01-2007, 08:06 PM
just make a little cut in the lining of the boot...

tony1234
08-01-2007, 06:56 AM
I am as well,prividing i don't have to cut into the boot lining too much.

Atjo
08-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I've seen this one before but it's not JSRacing. I'll see if i can find the link.

Ronin 09
08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
heaps of Japanese companies make these for all variety of cars...

there is a better version (in my opinion) which is a triangulated tubular design rather than what looks like a pressed steel version here.

i know of a few GTRs that have this done, but unless you have a chassis stiffness rig it is difficult to quantify the % improvement with it in place... it may be 5% it may be 0.005%... it ends up being a 'seat of bum' feeling, and if I've shelled out $250 I'm sure that's enough of a placebo for me to say "damn that feels awesome... 11ty billion percent improvement in stiffness"

the only other way that we have tested out chassis stiffness improvements is to jack a car from the jack point up a certain height, then measure the sill deflections on both sides. Then install the XXXX (in this case roll cage), remeasure and determine if deflection is decreased.

hmmm hope that rambling made some sense.

iced
08-01-2007, 02:16 PM
just take your fenders off and get a shop to weld tank metal plates to the framerails
it will be even stronger.

aaronng
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
heaps of Japanese companies make these for all variety of cars...

there is a better version (in my opinion) which is a triangulated tubular design rather than what looks like a pressed steel version here.

i know of a few GTRs that have this done, but unless you have a chassis dyno it is difficult to quantify the % improvement with it in place... it may be 5% it may be 0.005%... it ends up being a 'seat of bum' feeling, and if I've shelled out $250 I'm sure that's enough of a placebo for me to say "damn that feels awesome... 11ty billion percent improvement in stiffness"

the only other way that we have tested out chassis stiffness improvements is to jack a car from the jack point up a certain height, then measure the sill deflections on both sides. Then install the XXXX (in this case roll cage), remeasure and determine if deflection is decreased.

hmmm hope that rambling made some sense.

Chassis dyno? :confused: :confused: :confused:
This part is for stiffening the chassis. This has nothing to do with power output nor your butt dyno.

Ronin 09
09-01-2007, 11:25 AM
sorry i typed that in a hurry.
fine - chassis stiffness jig or torsional deflection rig
you should see the ones that they use in V8 supercar chassis manufacture
not picking a fight "aaronng" but I'm not sure how your reply actually contributed to the thread.
I've edited my post now. A thousand apologies.

JasonGilholme
09-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Well from that picture i'm sure a half descent fab shop could make one up for heaps less then that. Possibly 100 bucks. It doesn't have to have fancy paint, it just needs to join those points of the chassis together.

aaronng
09-01-2007, 03:23 PM
sorry i typed that in a hurry.
fine - chassis stiffness jig or torsional deflection rig
you should see the ones that they use in V8 supercar chassis manufacture
not picking a fight "aaronng" but I'm not sure how your reply actually contributed to the thread.
I've edited my post now. A thousand apologies.

Ahhh a deflection jig.
My reply didn't contribute anything to the thread. Just wanted to know if you really meant a chassis dyno (which had me scratching my head) or something else.

Ronin 09
09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
yeah sorry brain wasn't on yesterday (or ever really) :)