- coilover sets?

thanks
Rod

PERTH_EURO
10-06-2004, 09:47 PM
getting kings springs 35mm lowerin from Wilkonsons Suspension in Perth, on Wed

jolt
11-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Are you going to keep the standard shocks?? How will they hold up??

I had lowered springs in my S15 with standard shocks and it was terrible!!

Rod

PERTH_EURO
12-06-2004, 03:55 PM
short term, as car is brand new, will leave as is.

The shop doing the work also said that there was no aftermarketshocks available => ???? not sure. When I take the car in i will ask again

My previous ride had the lowered kings springs, with standard shocks, it was ok but I know what you mean.

I will let you know how I go

jolt
12-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks, I look forward to hearing what it's like, since I have heard that using King Springs on a late model MX5 with standard shocks is fine.

regards
Rod

razaman
12-06-2004, 09:33 PM
With all the research I've done, and some experience, stock shocks are normally fine for smaller drops like 30 -35mm.

The shocks still have enough travel and are not shortened too much, any lower then aftermarket shocks are recommended.

I guess it would also depend on how old your shocks are to start with, but you are talking about the Euro so they can't be that old! :D

Raz

Pum[Z]
14-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Depends on what kind of hardness or stiffness u would like?? If you like to have a lowered look but would like to retain some of the standard softness then go for Eibach Sportline Springs. My gf uses it on her bmer and its so much softer then my ride its like standard but a bit bouncier and it lowers by 50mm.

If you would like Adjustable Suspension that is bang for your buck then go for D2's Adjustable suspension. I got them for my accord Euro and they are meant for a Euro R. They are pretty stiff but then they are Racing Coilovers. I got the D2's for $1500.00 installed. Thats probably the cheapest coilovers u can get on the market today.....
Mugen Accessories.

Type R Positive
14-09-2004, 01:52 PM
koni make some adjustables. I seen them on us websites. $170usd!!!!!! thats each mind you.