PDA

View Full Version : Stock EG front and rear bars

zel05
08-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey guys...

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest somewhere i can get some stocko front and rear bars for my eg.

For those that don't know, i have a bomex kit on my eg, and im not particularly fond of it. I plan to sell the bomex kit and put on the stock bars with a cf lip or something.

At the moment i am looking at getting these parts from www.ozeparts.com.au - front bar is $110 and rear bar is $120. These are for brand new items, so that price isn't tooooo bad, however, painting on top of that and then front lip and side skirts will slowly make it not as cheap.

On the subject of the sideskirts...can anyone also suggest somewhere to get the stocko sideskirts for the eg also.

Cheers guys!

SLOWEGG
08-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Boss wreckers will have these and maybe hondarec on the coast aswell.

zel05
08-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks for that man. Just emailed Boss wrecking...If i don't receive anything back from them i'll give Hondarec a call...

Thanks for that!

EG5[KRT]
08-01-2007, 11:32 PM
instead of going thru ozeparts.com

go to sss autoparts in coopers plains.. they are the dealer for them in brisbane..

but u do realise they are not genuine parts.. so when going to fit them they wont fit exact... so may need modifying to fit... better off putting a thread in WTB..

btw.. is ur car always near the shell petrol station just out of the city going into the valley ??? whear all the taxis r ?? coz thats a nice kit :D

egSi
08-01-2007, 11:37 PM
man i have ozepart bumpers on my car and they fit fine, not perfect but its not genuine, no need to mod em.

boss wrecking have no eg hatches atm, they never do. they get stripped quick as ****.

hondarec may tho.

OEM bumpers :thumbsup:

every tried to trade with some kid for their oem bars?

zel05
09-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Yeah im thinking of seeing if there is any interest in a trade, however, figured it might just be easier get the new parts and have them fitted myself.

If someone is keen to trade, and the bumpers are the wrong colours, then thats going to mean extra $$ for the painting etc. Unless of course i am able to get a decent amount for my kit in exchange. hmm

I read on ozeparts that the panels weren't genuine, but figured they should fit without modification. I would only expect that "sweet" vertex rip off kits to require mass amounts of modification to fit a car...

I'll put up a wtb thread and see how i go...No response from Boss wrecking...lol, i guess thats their way of saying we have no stock.

zel05
09-01-2007, 08:37 AM
;1028464']btw.. is ur car always near the shell petrol station just out of the city going into the valley ??? whear all the taxis r ?? coz thats a nice kit :D

not me! not me!

unless this was a previous owner that did...I try to avoid the cruising through the city...unless im bored and want a perve :P

oh and kits for sale if your interested ;) lol

Eclipsor
09-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah I've got those bumpers on mine too. Like Trav said, they aren't perfect. But for the money they're pretty damn good. All I had to do on mine was widen a few holes along the top.

Plus your chances of getting a 2nd hand oem bumper the same colour as your car already are pretty slim. So you'd have to sand that back and paint it. Which will probably cost more than just painting the unpainted sss ones.

2nd hand oem bumpers seem to cost more than the aftermarket ones anyway.

Having said that. Check out alljap at zillmere/virginia. They have a crap load of parts and had the cheapest price that I found for oem stuff.

zel05
09-01-2007, 08:57 AM
hmm good point, alljap is close (ie. northside)...I'll head out there on the weekend, and hope they don't treat me with the usual "get the fugg out of here attitude"...lol

I have a mate that can get cheaper prices off ozeparts, so i will see what prices he can do for me...Might work out cheaper in the long run if i just get the panels from there.

Boban
09-01-2007, 10:22 AM
I got my bonett from all jap and they had heaps of other honds stuff there when i went to pick it up (it was a while ago though). But i got front and rear bumpers for my mazda at $50 each and he threw in a oem honda one for free :p so i'll see if i can work something out. Chances that he'll have your colour might be slim but $50 is better than $100

will get back to you mate

Eclipsor
09-01-2007, 10:49 AM
hmm good point, alljap is close (ie. northside)...I'll head out there on the weekend, and hope they don't treat me with the usual "get the fugg out of here attitude"...lol

I have a mate that can get cheaper prices off ozeparts, so i will see what prices he can do for me...Might work out cheaper in the long run if i just get the panels from there.

haha yeah. They're nobs hey. I actually did buy a rear bumper off them but it was slightly the wrong model so I took it back. They weren't happy about that. Made me wait forever. But yeah. Lot of parts.

sivic
09-01-2007, 11:24 AM
i fitted one of the ozeparts rear bumpers on my EG sedan. it didnt require any modding. at first the fit wasnt perfect due to a slight bend but after a couple of days it had basically shaped itself and now fits perfectly.

MR-VTEC
10-01-2007, 02:00 AM
i was at hondarec 2 weeks ago and they had at least four eg hatches in the yard ;)

zel05
10-01-2007, 08:43 AM
hmm...i very much doubt they are open on the weekends though.

egSi
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
hondarec used to be open on saturdays

90LAN
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
try mohab at asian auto imports at 17 mile rocks he has plenty of bars and panels down there it's across from the new river rocks park.