PDA

View Full Version : 8.5 F 9.5 R ???

Benz
08-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Sup guys,

I've seen some crazy Euros here with a 8.5 front and 9.5 rear, especially with 32 offset! I didn't know you can do that. So any fender modification neccessary?? What is the craziest setting you have put on your Euro?? I want some dish, but i know it's not a FR, but...who cares, haha

SiReal
08-01-2007, 10:38 PM
speak to username "atjo". His Euro "Endut" has got some insane dish. guard rolling + cambit kits would be required + a trucklaod of tyres ;)

yfin
08-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Sup guys,

I've seen some crazy Euros here with a 8.5 front and 9.5 rear, especially with 32 offset! I didn't know you can do that. So any fender modification neccessary?? What is the craziest setting you have put on your Euro?? I want some dish, but i know it's not a FR, but...who cares, haha

Yeah you can do it but the car will be slower and handle worse. If you are building a show car go for it.

Not my car but this set up is pretty crazy:

Front - 19 x 9 - 235/35/19
Rear - 19 x 11 - 295/30/19

http://www.nnomo-racing.com/honda_nnomo_galerie/honda_accord_cl9/honda_accord_cl9_nnomo_turbo_5g.jpg

http://www.nnomo-racing.com/honda_nnomo_galerie/honda_accord_cl9/honda_accord_cl9_nnomo_turbo_3g.jpg

Fr3aKi3
08-01-2007, 11:03 PM
^^^ that's one heck of a crazy setup....

I dunno though, personally I just think the euro looks a little off with flared guards. At least if their flared there isn't the sudden change in body lines. AlthoughI gotta admit, that euro would look pretty aggressive from the front.

Benz
09-01-2007, 04:59 AM
^ ya. that euro looks crazy!! I love it, sadly I do not have the power to move such large wheels. I am trying to stretch it to 9 or even 9.5 rear. I know 8.5 with 45 offset is the max you can go without any work. I am trying to see if there are more people who went even crazier specs!

Atjo
09-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Sup guys,

Are you talking about me cause i'm running 19x8.5 & 9.5 with +32 offset :p running 8.5 & 9.5 it's fine as long as you have the right offset. You might avoid the guard rolling but usually you have to roll the guard. If you run >+40 offset you only need to roll the guard with no rubbing issue after that. I have no rubbing issue for normal driving but i have -4 camber because of +32 offset.

stephen8512
09-01-2007, 06:27 PM
fark atjo u must chew thru tyres like no tomorrow

Benz
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Are you talking about me cause i'm running 19x8.5 & 9.5 with +32 offset :p running 8.5 & 9.5 it's fine as long as you have the right offset. You might avoid the guard rolling but usually you have to roll the guard. If you run >+40 offset you only need to roll the guard with no rubbing issue after that. I have no rubbing issue for normal driving but i have -4 camber because of +32 offset.

Yup! I saw your specs somewhere and just felt in love with it. So in order to run that set-up, I must roll the guard and such....damn, so much work/

Atjo
09-01-2007, 07:37 PM
fark atjo u must chew thru tyres like no tomorrow
I have a stiff setup at the back so the tyres don't wear as fast as last time. It's already more than 1 year since i bought the tyres so it's better than before.

Yup! I saw your specs somewhere and just felt in love with it. So in order to run that set-up, I must roll the guard and such....damn, so much work/
Just go to racing project in mitcham or donnellans in box hill to roll the guards, they really do a good job.

Benz
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
^ Sorry bro...i live no where close..

I think I am all the way around the Globe...haha

sendok
12-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Just for let u guyz know that the position of the screw inside the guards for euro06 is different with euros before.. it's already clear a way to low the car smoothly, can avoid rubbing with 20x8.5, 9, but depends how low ur car will go.. but u must go as slow as possible.. lolz

albii
13-01-2007, 09:17 AM
The wheel set up you mentioned is illegal and is not practical.
your car could snap wheel nuts and cause all sorts of handling issues.
a good 18 x 8 or 19 x 8 with +45 offset would look hot and keep you from wearing through tyres and being illegal.

tony1234
15-01-2007, 08:16 AM
I agree.Apart from looking good the car would handle like crap.

sendok
15-01-2007, 11:35 AM
your car could snap wheel nuts and cause all sorts of handling issues.
a good 18 x 8 or 19 x 8 with +45 offset would look hot and keep you from wearing through tyres and being illegal.

i'll always drive carefully, mine is not for race tho.. i believe it's illegal, but dont get caught.. that's it.

i got an eg to have fun anyway.. :p