PDA

View Full Version : civic 06 boot, hard to close?

dcs
08-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I just got my civic vti about 1 week ago :) and just wandering if other people find it hard to close the boot using normal force??
I normally have to slam it a bit before the boot can be close.

Also can anyone confirm that the vti model doesn't come with ignition switch light??

THanks.

Shimian
08-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Yes, mine requires a bit of force to close the boot. With the new boot lining installed, it feels a bit more solid compared to before where when I slam it, it feels a bit hollow.

nemes|s
09-01-2007, 01:22 AM
yeah... ive got problems closing my boot as well... gotta slam it pretty hard to get it to shut properly.

Probably bring it up with Honda when go for my 1st service

Shimian
09-01-2007, 07:52 AM
I guess in a way its a good thing so you dont accidentally close it when it drops to the lock with minimal force. Only thing wrong with the boot is it doesnt have a remote open :thumbdwn:

dcs
09-01-2007, 08:39 AM
yeah i'll bring it up with Honda as well for my 1st service and let u guys know if they will fix it or not.

So can anyone answer my 2nd question regarding ignition switch light?
does anyone have it in their car?
just thought this should have come as standard

chylld
10-01-2007, 06:52 AM
I just got my civic vti about 1 week ago :) and just wandering if other people find it hard to close the boot using normal force??
I normally have to slam it a bit before the boot can be close.

there is a good chance it can be fixed simply by turning the black rubber knobs on the underside of the bootlid clockwise. these stoppers are like rubber screws and are meant to be adjustable to ensure appropriate closing of the boot and doors. (the rubber screw stoppers on the doors are smaller though)

siu789
23-01-2007, 02:18 PM
i got the same problem too=.=''
hard to close the boot...

Shimian
23-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Since after i have installed the boot lining, i find closing the boot easier cos now theres a bit of weight to it, about half a kilo.

MKI4EVA
23-01-2007, 02:52 PM
when i slam the boot close i get this problem.......when i close it lightly it's fine.

Nugget02
24-01-2007, 11:03 AM
probably the air inside the boot gets compressd n repels the trunk door,, ahh wait,, how shuld i say thiss,, its like when u try to close the rear end of a big SUV wit all the passenger doors closed,, and if theres sum1 inside when u do that, their ears will feel as if pressurized,, u know wat i mean? ,, i think

MKI4EVA
24-01-2007, 01:39 PM
cabin pressure...........yes your right.......but it should not affect closure to that extent.

probably the air inside the boot gets compressd n repels the trunk door,, ahh wait,, how shuld i say thiss,, its like when u try to close the rear end of a big SUV wit all the passenger doors closed,, and if theres sum1 inside when u do that, their ears will feel as if pressurized,, u know wat i mean? ,, i think

chylld
24-01-2007, 02:32 PM
cabin pressure...........yes your right.......but it should not affect closure to that extent.

especially when not all civics of the same design have that problem :)

out of curiosity, did my advice above about tweaking the adjustable rubber stoppers not help anyone? (worked for me)

Nugget02
24-01-2007, 03:27 PM

cabin pressure! thats the word,, damn wasted all those energy typing all that explanation ahahah

chylld bro, i tried ur trick,, it workd! gud job man :thumbsup:

chylld
24-01-2007, 04:18 PM
chylld bro, i tried ur trick,, it workd! gud job man :thumbsup:

glad to hear!

if it wasn't a simple fix like that it would probably be something to do with the boot seal not sitting properly, or possibly something to do with the hinge itself. thankfully it wasn't either :)

dcs
29-01-2007, 05:19 PM
ok, i've just did 1000km service and they have fixed my boot. I can now close it without slamming it.