PDA

View Full Version : koni heights on ek1

gbang007
09-01-2007, 05:22 PM
ok,
just wanted to know how the distance between each perch for the front and the back of koni yellows on an ek1....i need to know this as the front is on the bottom and so is the back but i am using stock springs but will change to eibach pro kit.....i am trying to work out roughly how far and if the eibachs will brings it down too far.....but using the current setup,....the front wheel sits at the bottom of the fender but the rear still has about 3cm to go before it reaches the fender which is what i want although the springs are really soggy. i also want to account for the springs as i have heard that the back sits a bit higher than the front and therefore i want to use the konis to cancel out this problem so its even. my plan is to bring the front back to the top perch and use the eibachs to lower it back down but i think it might go down a too far as the front on eibachs give a 1.5" drop and the back gives a 1.3" drop. my worry is that the front will go too far down and the back not enough......can anyone give me a hand? i need some help and advice.

Duesta
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
dude, your koni and eibach questions are seriously getting really old. You could have at least resurrected one of your many other threads about the same topic.

If you want to know the distance between each perch, go out and measure it. You're already aware of how much the springs themselves can potentially drop the car, so account for that in your measurements too.

For the most part, its all trial and error. Even if we did quote you figures on how much it would drop, its not always going to be exact. Just go out there and try it for yourself

Q_ball
09-01-2007, 09:56 PM
dude, your koni and eibach questions are seriously getting really old. You could have at least resurrected one of your many other threads about the same topic.

If you want to know the distance between each perch, go out and measure it. You're already aware of how much the springs themselves can potentially drop the car, so account for that in your measurements too.

For the most part, its all trial and error. Even if we did quote you figures on how much it would drop, its not always going to be exact. Just go out there and try it for yourself
Agreed!!