PDA

View Full Version : Prelude H22a

5hadow
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone

I'm having problem with my engine, its eem that my engine turns off while im driving and heat meter is high. i would like to know what is happen with my engine.

dc2dc2dc2
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
make sure there is oil and water ? that would be first thing.

5hadow
10-01-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah i checked everything.. what i meant was that the heat meter isnt on high its normal.
i took to the work shop and they say they dont know what wrong with it..

dc2dc2dc2
10-01-2007, 02:05 PM
does it turn off ? then u can start it again ? and how often does it happen ?

5hadow
10-01-2007, 02:10 PM
yes the car turns off... it happens alot, even while im taking a corner it turns off.. sometime 3 time while driving the car isnt over heating.

Micko
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
you could put your ECU into dianostics mode and see if it throws any error codes, it could be some of your sensors failing - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8218
but i would just confirm that oil/water levels are fine, also looking at the wiring throughout the engine bay (i once had wiring that was grounding my ecu out causing the car to turn off).

EDIT: if its more while your turning the corner i suspect it is possible loose exposed wiring might be grounding out, and it may not just be in your engine bay could be inside where your ecu sits.

vtek
10-01-2007, 02:45 PM
does it do it only when hot or does it just turn off? if it just turns off anywhere and the speedo lights etc goes off it could be the ignition switch. if it turns off in hot weather it could be the fuel pump relay.

5hadow
10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
but everning when you turn the car on it jus turns of.

Micko
10-01-2007, 03:05 PM
ok just clarify the following:
a. how long does it stay running before it turns off?
b. did it gradually end up getting worse?
c. does it to it all the time, some of the time, or randomly selective?

destrukshn
10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
ignition switch.
when you turn the key on the "on" position, does the dash lights come on all the time?
next time it turns off, just turn the key to the "on" position, and see if the lights come on, if they don't jiggle the key, then seen if it comes on then.

do you have a alot of keys attacthed to your car keys?
becuase that causes premature wear of the ignition switch.

well that is my opinion.

aaronng
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Check main relay. Check dizzy cap for corrosion.

MRH-22A
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
check ur spelling and grammar too.. its frustrating trying to read wat ur writing.

jdmTYPE R
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
how many ks on yoru engine??? i had that problem before to it just turns off while u drive and it ended up being the ignitor in the dizzy...

Bowzer
06-03-2007, 07:51 AM
yes the car turns off... it happens alot, even while im taking a corner it turns off.. sometime 3 time while driving the car isnt over heating.

Sounds to me more of a fuel delivery problem, get a fuel pressure gauge hooked up and take your car for a spin and see if the fuel pressure drops.

1. Blocked Filter
2. Faulty Fuel Pump
3. Dirty Fuel Pump Pickup
4. Check fuel tank and fuel lines
5. Fuel Pressure Regulator

J2daW
11-03-2007, 10:57 PM
hey mine does it too sometimes after starting it or stalling under hard braking to a stop. its my fuel pump relay. u gotta tap it with or on sumfin. unbolt it with a shifter, its metal, about half the size of a pack of smokes up in under the dash, above the steering column. listen when u turn car off for bout 3-5 seconds for a relay 'click'. thats it. i replaced mine and the one i replaced it with didn't work either! so i replaced it again and even this one isnt perfect so i leave it loose so i can tap it whilst driving if it occurs. get it from a wreckers for like $20.

FiniX
26-04-2007, 12:52 AM
1. check your oil
2. check if your battery is loose, if connections are loose might become disconnected when taking corners or breaking hard causing the car to switch off.