PDA

View Full Version : Official Thread : PhotoComp #2

fueltank
11-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Photocomp Rules
1. Photo must be taken by you as a member of Ozhonda.com
1a. The photo subject must be of a Honda manufactured vehicle.
1b. If the car(s) you have taken the picture of do not belong to you, please gain permission from the owner of the car before submission. By submiting, you confirm that the propper permission has been received by the vehicle owner.
2. Submissions are to be via email to photocomp@ozhonda.com
2a. Submission email must be time-stamped no later than the closing date for submissions.
3. Moderators/Administrators/Sponsors of OzHonda.com are allowed to enter but not eligable to win prizes. In the event a mod/admin/sponsor places 1st, 2nd or 3rd, the prize will be forfeited to the next "winning member"
4. Submission duration shall be 3 weeks from the date of announcement.
5. Voting duration shall be 1 week from the date of announcement.
6. All entries can or will be used by OzHonda for promotional/design purposes.
7. Only post processing allowed is resizing, sharpening, levels and/or brightness/contrast adjustments. If Ozhonda suspects a heavy digital component, we reserver the right to refuse entry.
8. Ozhonda takes no responsibility for pictures that are published of cars where the owner has not been notified/permission received.
9. Limit of 3 pictures per user. (Ie only the first 3 images will be accepted.)

Submission requirements
Failure to follow these requirements will prevent entry into the competition
1. Email entries to photocomp@ozhonda.com
2. Subject must contain your username and the entry number.
For example: 'fueltank 1'
3. Only 1 JPEG formatted image per email
4. Submissions received after the closing date will not be accepted.
5. Images must be re-sized to 1024x768.

Prizes
Prizes are provided purely as a donation by the photcomp sponsors. Ozhonda reserves the right to vary the prizes depending on the availability.
Ozhonds would like to thank the following (in no specific order) for their contributions to the photocomp.

http://www.ozhonda.com/photocomp/toda.gif (http://www.todaracing.com.au) http://www.ozhonda.com/photocomp/jdm.gif (http://www.jdmyard.com) http://www.ozhonda.com/photocomp/viva.gif (http://www.vivagarage.com) http://www.ozhonda.com/photocomp/icar.gif (http://www.icartoyz.com)

1st Prize
1 x RAZO gear knob
1 x pair of Mugen Head rests.
1 x pair of Mugen Shoulder pad.
1 x Pair of Mugen E brake Pad.
1 x Spoon socks

2nd Prize
1 x Spoon knob
1 x Spoon socks
2 x Recaro neck rest

3rd Prize
1 x Toda Racing Australia T-Shirt
3 x Toda Racing Australia stickers
2 x Type-R neck rest

Winner notification
1. Winners will be notified via PM & email
2. The winning photographs will be published on the main News Page of the site.

Duration
Submissions accepted from Friday, 11th June until Friday, 2nd July.
Voting will commence on 3rd July and end on the 10th July 2004.

Kit
11-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Photocomp Rules

3. Moderators/Administrators/Sponsors of OzHonda.com are allowed to enter but not eligable to win prizes. In the event a mod/admin/sponsor places 1st, 2nd or 3rd, the prize will be forfeited to the next "winning member"

:cry:

veryyy nice prizes

LUD02C
11-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Good prizes there.
Get the photo's coming people!

fusion_VTi
11-06-2004, 05:15 PM
ok submissin has been made :D :D plz lemme know if you didnt recieve it mods and i'll send again..

fueltank
11-06-2004, 05:28 PM
You have PM fusion.

wynode
11-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Remember everyone

Submission requirements
Failure to follow these requirements will prevent entry into the competition
1. Email entries to photocomp@ozhonda.com
2. Subject must contain your username and the entry number.
For example: 'fueltank 1'
3. Only 1 image per email
4. Submissions received after the closing date will not be accepted.
5. Images must be re-sized to 1024x768.

Or else your images WILL not be processed.

McChook
12-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Nice prizes, I will be entering, and I'll have a crack at the ultimate photo...
but 200kb... oohhhh...

wynode
12-06-2004, 12:52 PM
but 200kb... oohhhh...

File size restriction removed.

-Win

vti-2
13-06-2004, 04:42 PM
but 200kb... oohhhh...

File size restriction removed.

-Win

:thumbsup:

sesshoumaru
13-06-2004, 07:39 PM
cool... i made 2 entries :P

it'd be nice to win something!! i'm no photographer tho :oops: ...

-MuGen PoWer-
13-06-2004, 10:12 PM
submission made
let me know if you recieved it

thanx

Slugoid
14-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Hohoho....time to get my Accord washed up and get my gf (who studies photography) to help me out with all here fully sik equipment. Muhahaha!!

toE
14-06-2004, 12:59 AM
just wondering...how is the voting gonna be judged/voted?? like the last time, where members rate the pics?? :)

[[d a n n y]]
14-06-2004, 04:25 AM
let me get a shot of this lol

wynode
14-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Hohoho....time to get my Accord washed up and get my gf (who studies photography) to help me out with all here fully sik equipment. Muhahaha!!

Hope she has her own username ;)

just wondering...how is the voting gonna be judged/voted?? like the last time, where members rate the pics?? :)

Same as before. Members vote, but they won't know who the picture was taken by (to promote fairness!)

fueltank will fill you in on the rest!

Usual Suspect
14-06-2004, 02:06 PM
this rules, just got a digi cam on friday.

Although my car aint the most photogenic.

MaGR
14-06-2004, 02:43 PM
What about removal of the number plate number.. ? Is that not allowed also?

wynode
14-06-2004, 02:51 PM
What about removal of the number plate number.. ? Is that not allowed also?

Its your picture so its upto you if you want others to see/not see your number plate.

But yes, you are allowed to edit out your numberplate if desired. Just no 'enhancing' of the image to make it 'better'

sesshoumaru
14-06-2004, 05:04 PM
i forgot to edit out my numberplate :oops:

Slugoid
14-06-2004, 06:24 PM

Well the criteria is that is must be taken by you as a member of Ozhonda.com

Well, what if she helps me with the light metering and I was the one who actually presses the shutter, then technically I still took it, right??

Also, is editing of levels and colors allowed?? Just to make the colour match the real life subject. Is using effects considered as heavy digital component?

bigteethygrin
14-06-2004, 06:50 PM
ahhh i wish i could enter but sadly near all my pics need use of the "auto correct" button .. how embarressment

fueltank
14-06-2004, 11:54 PM

Well the criteria is that is must be taken by you as a member of Ozhonda.com

Well, what if she helps me with the light metering and I was the one who actually presses the shutter, then technically I still took it, right??

Also, is editing of levels and colors allowed?? Just to make the colour match the real life subject. Is using effects considered as heavy digital component?

levels yes.
colours yes.
effects/filters done post capture = no.

fueltank
14-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Please note that I have rejected a number of photo's due to them NOT being 1024x768 as stated in the rules.

Also any photographs that have logo's, website logo's on them will not be accepted either.

So no point going to urbanracer, grabbing a 1024x768 photo and submitting it.

Mitch M
15-06-2004, 01:16 AM
you should organise a photoshop comp

like abstract art themes etc, with the main them of the picture being Honda / Honda Vehicle orientated!!

i.e. all photos used for blending / masking / etc. will have to be taken by the entrant and the photoshop done by the entrant with developement photo's in stages to prove that they in fact did do the work

just a suggestion ... up to you :)

toE
15-06-2004, 01:42 AM

Same as before. Members vote, but they won't know who the picture was taken by (to promote fairness!)

:thumbsup:

fueltank
15-06-2004, 09:27 AM
PLEASE JPG's ONLY!

I am not going to convert any non-jpg file formats.

VTEC16
15-06-2004, 11:50 AM
I thought the biggest problem about the last comp, was that you saw what their vote was sitting on before you actually voted!

For example:

If you saw a photo which you thought was worth a 7, but it was rated 9, you would vote lower than 7 to 'even' it up. Rather than just vote the 7 that you thought it was worth.

Does anyone see any merit in what im saying? Is there a way to reconfigure the system to hide the scores until the individual member has voted?

EDIT: Conversly, the score given by other members is very likely to influence the viewer's oppinion.

vtecchie
15-06-2004, 01:39 PM
I thought the biggest problem about the last comp, was that you saw what their vote was sitting on before you actually voted!

For example:

If you saw a photo which you thought was worth a 7, but it was rated 9, you would vote lower than 7 to 'even' it up. Rather than just vote the 7 that you thought it was worth.

Does anyone see any merit in what im saying? Is there a way to reconfigure the system to hide the scores until the individual member has voted?

EDIT: Conversly, the score given by other members is very likely to influence the viewer's oppinion.

I agree, although if i was going to vote 7 and saw 9 i would prob give an 8 :oops:

If you couldn't see what everyone else thinks of it that'd be tops

vti-2
15-06-2004, 06:59 PM

For example:

I agree, although if i was going to vote 7 and saw 9 i would prob give an 8 :oops:

Agree with both of you. We should hide the rating until you have voted, otherwise it becomes too biased.

Mitch M
15-06-2004, 11:12 PM

think he means he will be borrowing her equipment ... not getting her to take photos and then him steal em ;)

fried
16-06-2004, 09:14 PM

For example:

Agree with both of you. We should hide the rating until you have voted, otherwise it becomes too biased.

i think it should be hidden until the results of the competition are finalised, so there is no way of knowing, or being biased, or pursuaded in any manner.

A'PEXi
16-06-2004, 09:59 PM
hidden sounds good.

wynode
16-06-2004, 10:54 PM
BTW the pics are up in the Album section of the forum so you can get a rough idea of how things are going.....also to convince yourself that you CAN take better pics ;)

Wazza
21-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Where abouts in the site are the competition photos posted?

wynode
21-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Where abouts in the site are the competition photos posted?Right here:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/album_cat.php?cat_id=9

(Click the "Album" Link up the top)

Charcoalcivic
25-06-2004, 12:44 PM
How about throwing in some ozhonda stickers too??

fueltank
02-07-2004, 10:48 AM
The comp closes tonight @ 12midnight

fueltank
04-07-2004, 06:58 PM
sorry for the late update.
the voting is now open 7pm sunday.
it will close next sunday 7pm.

1 week voting time.

wynode
04-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Just a quick update.

To make it fair, the current rating of the picture will not be displayed untill the competition closes.

To vote, simply click on the thumbnail of the picture you would like to vote for and then vote on the next page that loads up.

mo
04-07-2004, 11:35 PM
I just voted all six pages...such a painful process lol.

wynode
04-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Crazy Mofo!

I'm voting now :)

toE
05-07-2004, 12:47 AM
....such a painful process...

:nod: :(

Civic Type R
05-07-2004, 12:17 PM
how do we vote ?

mo
05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
clikc on album then go photocomp 2

Civic Type R
05-07-2004, 12:26 PM
i mean.. how do we rate the pics ? Is 1 best to 10 least ?

wynode
05-07-2004, 02:32 PM
1=lowest score
10=highest score

:)

vti-2
05-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Errr... I think 10/10 means it is the shit hottest photo there fo shizzle y0... :D

fueltank
05-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I bet no1 can find which photo I took in the photocomp ;)

wynode
05-07-2004, 05:06 PM
I bet I can ;)

luzinit
05-07-2004, 07:26 PM
heyy... sorry to be a dumbass that cant read the rules and stick to them, but was wonderig if theres any chance i could still submit a photo???

i was planning to take pics nite before it ended n submit in time but.. things happened n wasnt able to enter (i actually thought about takin a pic of the crime scene with my battered EK and title'ing it "devestated" or something hahahaha!! so pretty pleasssee, can i submit one entry??? or not? hehe, its cool if i cant !

luzinit
05-07-2004, 07:35 PM
hey are the mugen prizes real? or fake mugen hehehe

vti-2
06-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Rules are rules.

wynode
06-07-2004, 11:40 AM
*tsk*

Tony you naughty boy!

joneblaze
06-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Eh? "naughty"? Hehe... cos his car was broken into and he was enquiring about submitting a foto? ;)
Pfft... you just wanted to say "tsk"... :P

Check the sig.

(Sorry Tony, as Vic said, rules are rules. Next photocomp!)

wynode
09-07-2004, 02:11 AM
In case you haven't noticed, the photocomp 2 pics are not visible. I will re-enable them as soon as I remove the rating system from being visible.

Should be done by the weekend!

-Win

fueltank
09-07-2004, 11:31 AM
I was just about to ask. :)

joneblaze
09-07-2004, 08:39 PM
...doesn't the voting end on Sunday night? Will this still be the case?

wynode
09-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Voting will be extended.

JSL
11-07-2004, 11:41 PM
I think I am blind I can't see where the photos are.. I only seen Photo Comp #1

wynode
12-07-2004, 12:00 AM
I think I am blind I can't see where the photos are.. I only seen Photo Comp #1

I'll try and put it backup tomorrow if I have time :).....ok I'll try and make time :)

Just don't want to put it up because people can see the ratings otherwise ;)

wynode
14-07-2004, 02:18 AM
Photocomp voting extended till Sunday 18 July 2004!

Ed, you can takeover now :)

vtecchie
18-07-2004, 08:53 PM
when's it going to end

Rowie
18-07-2004, 08:56 PM
midnight?

joneblaze
18-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Photocomp #2 will end at midnight tonight. Votes will be collated and results made available as soon as possible.

Civic Type R
19-07-2004, 02:36 AM
Well im first to say there were some stunning shots there but i am more stunned at what the results in the ranking came out at :shock:

vtecchie
19-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Well im first to say there were some stunning shots there but i am more stunned at what the results in the ranking came out at :shock:

same. have to say the pic that won was a great shot of city but a shithouse photo of a car IMO :wink:

mister
19-07-2004, 10:59 AM

same. have to say the pic that won was a great shot of city but a shithouse photo of a car IMO :wink:

not having a go at you, but i'll be the first to say, that this was a photo comp, not a car comp. i think thats what we need to realise.

in consideration to that, photos should be judged not by what car is in the photo, but in the photo as a whole, in its picture quality, in its 'juxtapositioning' (sorry, yr12 visual art nerd talk) etc. not merely because it has a "fully sick bro 2SXY2CME4U2NVDIS4DAHA81813S bro* car in it.

that being said, i dont even think the subject matter in the photo should even effect the way you vote. its a photo comp. should merely be on how good the foto was taken. u can have the best place and best car to take fotos of/at, but it can still be crap foto. u can also have the crapiest ride, and messy garage at home photo, but still take an amazing photo.

8)

my thoughts!

Integ LS
19-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Im not having a go at anyone with this comment but how many people here on this forum though Ok Photo comp on a Honda forum ( automatic thought ) Car forum Photo comp Photo of Honda with great back ground if it is Just a Photo comp of any Photo I think it should be published as that a comp for a photo not car spacific not topic spacific. I know it didnt mention any where that there needed to be a honda in it or a car for that matter but I say the automatic thought would have been a comp for a photo with a honda in it. I know the photo that won had a honda in it But had we Known Im sure we all have that one Photo which is extraodanary.

Just putting i my 2 cents worth in.

I totally agree with the coment bellow Im simply stating what many would be thinking about the comment above. :lol:

Rowie
19-07-2004, 12:00 PM
the people have voted, and the winner is decided. what more is there to say :P

wynode
19-07-2004, 12:17 PM
As usual all the wingers come out AFTER everything has been decided.

If you didn't post your opinion after the first comp finished or before this one started, why post at all?

joneblaze
19-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Please keep in mind this was a PHOTO competition, as previously mentioned, and NOT a "rate my car" contest.
Congratulations to rank placers and thanks to everyone who got involved. Win/Fueltank will have additional information up ASAP.

bennjamin
19-07-2004, 12:54 PM
* funniest . results. Ever *

Integ LS
19-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Its good to see that as a forum Admin you cant tell the dif between constrctive criticisme and a winge, I would have thought that as a admin member you should be able to identify between the two. I think words by senior members should be Picked a little more carefully as some members may be slightly ofended by things said. And to top it off I hardly post instead of being encouraged to post your thoughts your critisised. Thats great Forum managemant.

joneblaze
19-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Its good to see that as a forum Admin you cant tell the dif between constrctive criticisme and a winge, I would have thought that as a admin member you should be able to identify between the two. I think words by senior members should be Picked a little more carefully as some members may be slightly ofended by things said. And to top it off I hardly post instead of being encouraged to post your thoughts your critisised. Thats great Forum managemant.

Mate what are you on about? And who are you?
Wynodes comments were 100% on the ball. People that wish to jump on the post result bandwagon should really direct input in beforehand. I think Win is merely abit frustrated because some people did the same thing last time.
My comment was in no way directed at you, merely at the general public. And I'm sure Benjammin's post (being a Mod as well) had COMPLETELY nothing to do with you. So unless you have something constructive to add towards the Photocomp discussion, please take your misinterpretation and bleeding heart to The Lounge.

bennjamin
19-07-2004, 01:12 PM

A good point lads.

But Mr Admin did actually make a good point too - it is totally out of his control - the end results upon this Photocomp. It was a majority vote for the images that reaped the best results - irrelevant to what you or I or others think.

The mob has spoken - let there be celebration !

Integ LS
19-07-2004, 01:39 PM
All agreed !!! results are in their is no dispute on my behalf I was simply stating something that should be considered before posting paticular words . Any ways Bridge has been built and crossed . So on with the program, Congrats to the winners WELL DONE.. :P

Civic Type R
19-07-2004, 01:55 PM
I do totally agree with [Integ LS] regarding this.
I am now actually confused as to what we're judgeing here, the subject within the shot or the shot itself ?
Then if its the shot itself, what the subject matter ? and so on ? You see there is a circle of priorities within this.
I remember someone taking a shot of syd harbour bridge with a G3 camera a while ago. That pic was damn awsome and why cant someone enter that pic if you say its the photo that we're judging here ?
Now dont think i am jeleous for i ranked somewhere in the middle for i am not.
I didnt see the first photocomp so i am only commenting on this one - as the first for me.
All i said was that i was totally surprised at the ranking finishing order. And i must admit it did look a little suss ;)

and congrates to the winner. and i will be entering the next comp :D

bennjamin
19-07-2004, 02:05 PM
All i said was that i was totally surprised at the ranking finishing order. And i must admit it did look a little suss ;)

It is certain to the normal eye that the order is unjustified - (personally i think my "nude driving bru eg" shot should of won ;)) BUT there is no level of "suss-ness" here - each user of this forum was only able to vote for ONE image ONCE.
No "3 million votes from me !" like the last photocomp *sigh*....this photocomp was performed in all fairness.

Perhaps....if we were all professional photographers (and frankly - NO ONE here is) then we could of had seperate judging of composition , quality etc.
Maybe a poll should be included with the next foto-comp ???

Keep the input + ideas coming people :)

wynode
19-07-2004, 02:20 PM
I have just made a seperate thread for photocompe #3 here (http://www.ozhonda.com/viewtopic.php?p=108669)

Lets keep comments in this thread to do with photocomp #2 please.

But as said, only one vote could be made for each image and if you wanted a particular image to win simply vote 10 for that image, and if you don't want a particular image to win, you simply vote 1 :)

bigteethygrin
19-07-2004, 02:44 PM
where are the results??

wynode
19-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Wait for the official results.......

vti-2
19-07-2004, 04:06 PM

Funniest? More like most shocking. Now i know what our members accept as a good photo. :shock:

A'PEXi
19-07-2004, 05:23 PM
oh well, each to their own.... no offence to anyone, but some of those shots just look like ahhh ill just go out to the garage and get a pic of the car now and then ill enter it in the photocomp haha :D but anyway, famous quote "winnings winning" !! hahahaha... congradulations to the winners! :D

joneblaze
19-07-2004, 05:25 PM

Funniest? More like most shocking. Now i know what our members accept as a good photo. :shock:

LOL...agreed. ;)

fried
19-07-2004, 06:44 PM
I do totally agree with [Integ LS] regarding this.
I am now actually confused as to what we're judgeing here, the subject within the shot or the shot itself ?
Then if its the shot itself, what the subject matter ? and so on ? You see there is a circle of priorities within this.
I remember someone taking a shot of syd harbour bridge with a G3 camera a while ago. That pic was damn awsome and why cant someone enter that pic if you say its the photo that we're judging here ?
Now dont think i am jeleous for i ranked somewhere in the middle for i am not.
I didnt see the first photocomp so i am only commenting on this one - as the first for me.

and congrates to the winner. and i will be entering the next comp :D

:x

Photocomp Rules
1. Photo must be taken by you as a member of Ozhonda.com
1a. The photo subject must be of a Honda manufactured vehicle.
1b. If the car(s) you have taken the picture of do not belong to you, please gain permission from the owner of the car before submission. By submiting, you confirm that the propper permission has been received by the vehicle owner.
2. Submissions are to be via email to photocomp@ozhonda.com
2a. Submission email must be time-stamped no later than the closing date for submissions.
4. Submission duration shall be 3 weeks from the date of announcement.
5. Voting duration shall be 1 week from the date of announcement.
6. All entries can or will be used by OzHonda for promotional/design purposes.
7. Only post processing allowed is resizing, sharpening, levels and/or brightness/contrast adjustments. If Ozhonda suspects a heavy digital component, we reserver the right to refuse entry.
8. Ozhonda takes no responsibility for pictures that are published of cars where the owner has not been notified/permission received.
9. Limit of 3 pictures per user. (Ie only the first 3 images will be accepted.)

as was said before.... photo comp... not rate my car comp.

so i think it *should* be judged on how well a photo was taken - a photo (in this case) with a honda manufactured vehicle in its subject matter.

wynode
19-07-2004, 07:57 PM
How the photo is judged is entirely up to the rater.

For the next comp. we are looking into the possibility of having a 'judging panel' with some photographic knowledge behind them.

vtecchie
19-07-2004, 09:29 PM

not having a go at you, but i'll be the first to say, that this was a photo comp, not a car comp. i think thats what we need to realise.

in consideration to that, photos should be judged not by what car is in the photo, but in the photo as a whole, in its picture quality, in its 'juxtapositioning' (sorry, yr12 visual art nerd talk) etc. not merely because it has a "fully sick bro 2SXY2CME4U2NVDIS4DAHA81813S bro* car in it.

that being said, i dont even think the subject matter in the photo should even effect the way you vote. its a photo comp. should merely be on how good the foto was taken. u can have the best place and best car to take fotos of/at, but it can still be crap foto. u can also have the crapiest ride, and messy garage at home photo, but still take an amazing photo.

8)

my thoughts!

To you and all the other blind people who started shitting over my post,

nowhere did i say it was a bad car or that it was a 'rate my car' contest

i said that it was an ordinary photo of a car. You guys tend to agree that the photos should be evaluated on the juxtapositioning, actual framing and balance of different components. You will not see a photo of a car sitting there at that angle, shot from that high, in any magazine. Its a photo of a landscape with a car sitting in the bottom.

The second placing photo, of the same car, same location i think is a great photo. Im in no way saying it should be judged on the actual car, but the use of the car in the photo.

toE
19-07-2004, 11:55 PM
jeez...can't we all live in peace? :(

congrats to the winners anyways. :)

i too am shocked..but hey..all's fair!

vti-2
20-07-2004, 07:56 AM
For the next comp. we are looking into the possibility of having a 'judging panel' with some photographic knowledge behind them.

Fo shizzle! No offence meant to anyone when i say this...

But, quite a few of those photos were very very average. Bad composition, underexposed, overexposed, some must have been taken at 400 ISO, terrible aperture and shutter settings on others, the list goes on.

Anyway, we better do something about the next one otherwise i might as well get my 8 year old cousin to take some pics with my G5 and submit those and win!

A'PEXi
20-07-2004, 10:45 AM
another thing u gotta take into consideration is some of the not so good cameras, you dont have shutter settings etc. its all auto :P...

redliner
20-07-2004, 10:53 AM
damn i thought it was jugde on the cars... coz the state that its has to be a member's car in the photo... ar well misread i guess.. congrad the winners

Integ LS
20-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Sorry to harp on about this but when you say that it is judged on the quality of the photo who here has acreditation ??? I think that the Idea of a panel of judges is a good one as that way you may have a couple of people That are acredited Photographers who know what they are judging.... I dont mean to say that in a bad way but I know that Im cirtanly no photographer and havnt studied photography So I was mearly going by what I liked and yes thats my photo of my car at 3am at st kilda pier. ( Not that anyone cares)

fried
20-07-2004, 02:17 PM
eitherway, when are the winners being announced?!?!?! ;)

vti-2
20-07-2004, 02:22 PM
another thing u gotta take into consideration is some of the not so good cameras, you dont have shutter settings etc. its all auto :P...

That's right. And i don't doubt for a second some people out there simply can't afford cameras that have that level of adjustment or simply can't justify buying a camera of that calibre. That is totally understandable. But IMO, a photo comp should be about rating a photo not just based on the car (subject) but the composition, contrast/light levels and so much more.

For example, do you think its fair for a photo of an NSX to be rated higher than a photo of an EG even though the photo of the EG (in terms of composition, background, lighting and all the other photography stuff) is much much better? I think that would be biased towards the car itself.

Anyway, im sure everyone has learnt from yet another comp, so heres hoping that #3 will be far more unbiased, truthful and fair to the photographer!

After all, you get better and learn more by having your photos scrutinised and criticised (in a good way).

redliner
20-07-2004, 02:43 PM
better start finding myself some nice scenes now :)

Jus-10
20-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Does that mean one of the ones with an NSX won?

Sorry I missed the poll results so it is hard to comment. As fried questioned, when are the winners being announced?

I did however go through all the entries, and to be honest, most of them were pretty average. This is by no means a derogatory comment to those that entered...at least you made the effort and had a go and no doubt you will learn as you continue. That said, this was a "Photo Comp", not a "Who can take a happy snap of the best Honda comp". Thus it seems pretty obvious that you should be voting on the photo not the car in the photo. The fact that a Honda had to be in the photo was just an entry requirement...how you interpreted that requirement and what you did with it was down to your own creativity.....

But then that's just me....when you have a lot of members who are still on their Ps, or teenagers or whatever, they tend to get a bit excited by the sight of an NSX or a fully sick Civic or whatever and just vote for that. Again this is not a negative comment directed to our younger and easily excitable members, just an observation and from experience I guess.

Perhaps the rules or "procedures" for voting need to be a bit more specific.

Just my 2 cents on the matter

fried
20-07-2004, 04:18 PM
go to photo album, go to photocomp #2, go to bottum of page, go to sort by, click rating, and then click submit (or GO - whichever is the case)

and then you will see who the winner is

:P

vtecchie
20-07-2004, 04:52 PM
The photo that came dead last is better than half of the top ten in my view.

I like the way the colour of the car matches the sky and good balance of foreground/midground/background. Nicely framed by the tree too, but camera should have been lower to the ground.

I guess we will never have a perfect competition as long as we have our different opinions :wink:

MrPlow
20-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Sorry to say guys... Im not photographer... But that comp was a load of:

Bee You Ell Ell Ess Htch Eye Tee!

mo
20-07-2004, 11:41 PM

Agreed...very rigged by some people and the way they voted.

wynode
20-07-2004, 11:52 PM
'By the way they voted" being the key factor there

A'PEXi
21-07-2004, 12:26 AM

That's right. And i don't doubt for a second some people out there simply can't afford cameras that have that level of adjustment or simply can't justify buying a camera of that calibre. That is totally understandable. But IMO, a photo comp should be about rating a photo not just based on the car (subject) but the composition, contrast/light levels and so much more.

For example, do you think its fair for a photo of an NSX to be rated higher than a photo of an EG even though the photo of the EG (in terms of composition, background, lighting and all the other photography stuff) is much much better? I think that would be biased towards the car itself.

Anyway, im sure everyone has learnt from yet another comp, so heres hoping that #3 will be far more unbiased, truthful and fair to the photographer!

After all, you get better and learn more by having your photos scrutinised and criticised (in a good way).

exactly true..... thats why its hard to make it fair, because in a way you want to vote for the photo, but you get people who dont understand or dont really read the rules and think ohhh good car lets give it more points, or ohhh crap car, 0 for you....

fried
21-07-2004, 03:46 AM
SOOOOO!!!!!?!?!?!?! who's the winner MODSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

A'PEXi
21-07-2004, 02:45 PM
lol wyn posting up the winning thing in this thread or another thread?

Civic Type R
21-07-2004, 05:32 PM

Agreed...very rigged by some people and the way they voted.
Thats exactly my point !

wynode
21-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Sorry guys/girls........i'll post the winners as soon as I decypher fueltank's listing :D

*be patient eric la!*

fried
21-07-2004, 05:50 PM
kekekeke

ok la michael....

MaGR
22-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Just wondering was happens if the same person has the top two photos (which is what it looks like) Do they get both or just the 1st place prizes?
Only asking because I think I came third, judging by the ratings :P

wynode
22-07-2004, 10:11 AM
that is correct, if the same person has the highest and second highes rated pics, then the next person will get second prize.

Easton
23-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Whattttt, the results still arn't out :(

Can't wait to see the top 3!

fried
24-07-2004, 12:49 AM
yeah who are the winners?! :P

wynode
24-07-2004, 07:19 PM
results are out over here:

http://www.ozhonda.com/viewtopic.php?t=8704