PDA

View Full Version : EM1 tooo Low HELP!

blazin206
10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey guys,

After doing a search on these forums I decided that 2inch drop all round would be the way to go on my EM1.

After picking it up and driving it home seemed okay until I reached my driveway. Appears my axle and canon is scrapping pretty bad. So I guess my car is going to sleep on side road tonight:( I don't want to take it up just incase it does some more damage.

Im gon bring it back to the guys who lowered my car tomorrow and see what they can do hopefully raise it by and inch so my axle doesnt scrap as for my canon imma take it off so doesnt really concern me.

Any suggestions what I might be in for?

Would i need to buy completely new springs?

Any advice would be really apprciated guys.

simbadda54
10-01-2007, 05:29 PM
2" isn't very low. You just need to learn to enter driveways at an angle. If you want to raise it you'll have to get completely new springs. Cost for labour will be around 100-150 as well. Trust me 2" isnt low.

BlitZ
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
2" shoudl be fine.. maybe your zorst is jsut too low

blazin206
10-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Yea 2inches shouldn't be too low thats what I was thinking when I got it measured.

I jus took some pics of how the car looks and the driveway lol

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/blazin206/10012007117.jpg

Gutter scrape from previous owner *sigh
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/blazin206/10012007118.jpg

driveway
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/blazin206/10012007120.jpg

So as you can see its not really high cos my mates s15 and skyline can get up.

If I got 17inch rims would it change anything?

SiReal
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
i think ur front is too low. maybe if u reverse up? and get rid of those rims asap. theyre terrible (condition wise)

chicken8
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
drive onto the grass next to your driveway and reverse in from there

ky0-EK
10-01-2007, 05:54 PM
im guessing those are 16inch right now. having a looking at the picture of your ride height, there shouldnt be a problem. your cannon height doesn't seem to be low.

DOHCTR Coopz!
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
howcome ur car dun have frontlip? surprise u scrape dude.. mine looks similar, say 1/2" higher but i got a front lip... * i dun scrape even if i tried!!

blazin206
10-01-2007, 06:02 PM
i think ur front is too low. maybe if u reverse up? and get rid of those rims asap. theyre terrible (condition wise)

AHAHAHA yer they are pretty bad I will be changing them when i get the dosh.

As for my front Im getting a lip put on this weekend its gon be realllly interesting to see how this turns out.

Anywyas hopefully the guys who did my car can sort something out for me.

Let this be a lesson to other noobs like me, that consider all aspects of driving when lowering your car including your driveway lol.

mrwillz
10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
u jus need to go much more slower then it will b fine
2in / superlows isnt as low as it sounds
and hafing no one in car helps
reversing the car makes the front kit dip even lower so jus str8 or bit of angle going in SLOWLY

blazin206
10-01-2007, 06:19 PM
howcome ur car dun have frontlip? surprise u scrape dude.. mine looks similar, say 1/2" higher but i got a front lip... * i dun scrape even if i tried!!

Reason for no front lip is previous owner had a full buddyclub kit on it and took it off prior to sale *thnk god. But im putting a mugen on it this weekend so it shuld look okay.

Anyways I seen your car man and the height is something i wanted to achieve. Looks perfect man!

THanks for your input Mrwillz ill practice my angles and all of that.

Not too sure if my gf would like the idea of hopping out everytime I hit the driveway hehe

Anyone know a good replacement for my canon? Is a twinloop as low? Heard alot about them but don't really know much abuot it.

Im thinking of getting stockers but if anyone has any suggestion please feel free.

Alpine
10-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Just take the driveway at a 45 degree angle. It'll be fine.

dupac->
10-01-2007, 09:15 PM
take it nice n slow and snake that bitch up!!
hahaha, dont bother goin back to the spring place just cost u more money which aint worth it, you gotta change ur dirving technique when it comes to entering car parks and driveways!!
gota angle while reversing out too!! haha.. its fun!

ian
10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
you're exhaust piping is too low and/or go get your driveway fixed!
nothin wrong with your 2inch drop.......learn how to drive your car's new attribute.
all the best dude.....whatever you do.
ps. em1's are the best!

odell
11-01-2007, 08:05 AM
mate your car doesn't look too low. i think the best solution would be to enter your driveway slowly in an angle.

elim
11-01-2007, 08:15 AM
like everyone has said, your car looks fine, just gotta drive it abit differently.

I'm sure you angle it abit, you will not scrape.

My car is like 3.5" rear, 3" front and worse of all, my driveway is like a pivot. it goes up and back down so mine scrapes a tiny bit in the b pipe if im not careful.

At least your driveway is just uphill straight up.

JasonGilholme
11-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Your car looks about the same height as my OEM del sol (which i'm lowering about 2.5 inches as well)

Just take it slow and go up and down on an angle. Not hard to do.

Micko
11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Its all in your angles and the speed you take it at.
i had my car too low... i just fixed it with coilovers

egSi
11-01-2007, 09:08 AM
invite someone over with a dumped car and theyll show u how to get up.

2" aint shit lol ;)

nugget666
11-01-2007, 09:14 AM
how did you drive up your drive? like you would noramly with a unlowerd car?

Btw I like your car rims would look shit hot if they were bit bigger.

silver_screen
11-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Everyone missed the part where his axles r scrapping...

Kinda impossible since theyre attatched to ur wheels...

and my civic is lower than urs, i dont have too many problems with scrapping.. not with driveways :) You should be fine, just take the advice these other guys r giving you

Zdster
11-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I am not even sure how you would scrape your axles?

As everyone else has said, the car doesnt seem that low and the driveway not that steep. I would look at either changing the springs if you are not happy with them or chnage your driving habits.

nvdvtc
11-01-2007, 09:45 AM
hey guyz i hav a EM1 to im car is low but 2inch should be alrite if u cant get up on ur drive way i guest u should put it back up abt half and inch should be ok ur car is looking good

nvdvtc
11-01-2007, 09:47 AM
hey guyz i have a EM1 to my car is lowered 2inch should be fine i guest but if u cant get up ur drive way i guest u cant put it up half an inch should be fine cars looking good cheers nvdvtc

evilsub
11-01-2007, 09:54 AM
another 2inch drop is what you need

fatboyz39
11-01-2007, 10:07 AM
another 2inch drop is what you need

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

akira
11-01-2007, 10:17 AM
just change the way you drive...and be more aware with driveways and speedbumps etc...you'll get use to it.

BlitZ
11-01-2007, 01:23 PM
how come your side skirts arent color coated...

it idna looks like more than 2" lowered man... it looks pretty damn low

blazin206
11-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Heys thanks all for the advice and I have been practicing.

My nieghbourhood is surrounded by speed humps and I have been practicing my angels. All is good no probs:thumbsup:

As Zdester and silver screen mentioned something else is scraping and I found out it wasn't my axles.

Not sure what its called but its the big part of the exhaust halfway through my car. Just about where driver and passenger sits.

Ive tried over and over agen and everything goes okay up the driveway just that part of the exhaust scraps and the stupid cannon and no matter what angle me or my friends take it in it scrapes.

I took it back to they guys who lowered my car today and they will change my springs half inch up without charge so im a happy man. :D

All in all I guess I do need to adjust my driving habit from an echo to a civic just takes a lil getting use to I guess.

JasonGilholme
11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
that'll be your resonator.

You could always modify the hangers on your exhaust to hold the exhaust a little closer to the body. This will stop it from scrapin.

nugget666
11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
you talking about your cat or the resonator is scraping?

blazin206
11-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Im not too sure what part it is but hopefully half an inch lift and drive up on slight angle should prevent it from scrapping any further.

Ill find out what was scrapping when I get my canon replaced hopefully not too much damage.

As I went over hump today I started to hear some clanking noises coming from the back I thought thats something is wrong and thats it my exhaust is goooooone.

Pulling over I found out that it was my stock springs in my boot rolling around lol. *felt so stupid.

JasonGilholme
11-01-2007, 02:37 PM
HAHAHAH. you may find that your chassic will creak more but only if you've got a really stiff suspension.

blazin206
11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Yea man its creaking abit even before I had lowered it.

Kinda annoying thats when you blast the system up hehe

Zdster
11-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Yea man its creaking abit even before I had lowered it.

Kinda annoying thats when you blast the system up hehe

Strip your interior and that will fix your problem :p.

I would look into having your entire exhaust system lifted as someone else mentioned. It shouldnt be expensive at all and will mean you will get extra clearance. Take it to a good exhaust shop and ask them what they think/recommend.

nugget666
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
how do your tyres go for rubbing? this could be some of the noises you are hearing. although from the pictures the offset looks pretty good.

blazin206
11-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Strip your interior and that will fix your problem :p.

I would look into having your entire exhaust system lifted as someone else mentioned. It shouldnt be expensive at all and will mean you will get extra clearance. Take it to a good exhaust shop and ask them what they think/recommend.

Yea Zdster I will take your advice will check it out next weekend.

how do your tyres go for rubbing? this could be some of the noises you are hearing. although from the pictures the offset looks pretty good.

As for offsett its perfect no tyre rub wah so eva.

thanks agen for the help guys