PDA

View Full Version : shocks

odell
11-01-2007, 08:44 AM
my front left shocks just busted. they're stock oem honda shocks btw. just wondering if it was still safe to continue driving. otherwise, will there be long term damage in doing so?

STTICH
11-01-2007, 11:01 AM
busted? how do u know the shock has 'just' busted?

anyway, if ur shock is gone, i wont say its safe, but u're still able to drive wth it (mayb not for too long). u'll have a less responsive and firmer ride, untill it gets worst that u won b able to stand it.

for long term damage, if u keep riding on the damaged shock, u'll put a lot more burden on other suspension component. most likely ur right shock might go next? or it may b bushes.

i suppose its alright for temporary drive until u find a new shock. tho, u shudnt hesitate, when its gone, its time to change :thumbsup: :)

egSi
11-01-2007, 11:05 AM
its dangerous and unsafe. imo change it asap!

if money is tight put on some OEM shocks from the wrecker

odell
11-01-2007, 11:12 AM
"busted" meaning it died on me.

thanks for the advice dudes. i'm actually browsing around for koni reds at this present moment. i considered yellows, but it's a bit heavy on the pockets considering other expenses.

any recommendations on other more effective shocks?

Zilli
11-01-2007, 11:38 AM
as stated above it will affect the handling of your vehicle which will mean adverse effect in possible emergency situations.

It will put extra strain on other components, i dont think its going to damage anyhting in the short term, im sure there are many vehicles on the road with worn out "busted" shocks...

the job of the chock absorber is the maintain control of the spring, which will ensure you have the most possible reliable and safe contact patch with your tyres and the road.

Unless your driving like an absolute mainiac you will be fine in terms of driving. Just take it easy until you have enough money to change them

Zdster
11-01-2007, 11:48 AM
as stated above it will affect the handling of your vehicle which will mean adverse effect in possible emergency situations.

It will put extra strain on other components, i dont think its going to damage anyhting in the short term, im sure there are many vehicles on the road with worn out "busted" shocks...

the job of the chock absorber is the maintain control of the spring, which will ensure you have the most possible reliable and safe contact patch with your tyres and the road.

Unless your driving like an absolute mainiac you will be fine in terms of driving. Just take it easy until you have enough money to change them

I have no knowledge here, so someone please correct me, but wouldnt a hard braking/emergency braking on a blown shock put a lot of extra strain on the corner of the car with the blown shock? The result could lead to failure of bearings/hubs/wheels/tyres etc???