PDA

View Full Version : timing belt: use any other brand other than honda?

Dr4g0n
11-06-2004, 12:19 PM
anyone use a timing belt other than the honda brand? where's the cheapest place you know to get a timing belt in melbourne?

hmm we really should start a sticky on where to find the cheapest parts with details...would be really helpful...

SIKCVC
11-06-2004, 12:34 PM
FTG honda man, i think its $49 for the VTi. The guy down there seems a bit of a grump at first :P but he's aight :D he gave me trade discount on heaps of stuff coz he knew what i was up to :D But I wouldn't bother with anything but honda timing belt man, no point, unless you keep the car for the next 8 years its the ONLY time you're going to replace it.

Also Steve down at Frankston Honda is a really nice bloke :D he gave me trade discount and then some on a water pump and belt :D

Dont bother with the guys from ringwood, they only know whats on the computer screan and if you ask ANYTHING about JDM they wont help you at all. and I mean that, I had to ring back 10 mins later saying it was an aussy d16a8 instead of ZC.

weezer
11-06-2004, 12:50 PM
for something as important as a timing belt. i wouldnt use anything else but a honda timing belt, unless you're going for an aftermarket stronger one.

i used a non genuine water pump once. Died at 60,000kms and almost cooked the engine.

egSi
11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
im pretty sure GReddy make a d16a8 one but i tried sourcing one for myself and i could get one in oz to help so id go honda or something better, not some super cheap piece of ****!

ECU-MAN
11-06-2004, 10:04 PM
I would never put an aftermarket timming belt in any STOCK honda

BlitZ
27-06-2004, 04:54 AM
OEM... else atleast get ahahha a toda or spoon one.. but then that would be just ridculous money

Setanta
27-06-2004, 07:30 AM
OEM all the way - I like my valves where they are - not pushed through the piston because I tried to save money.

I paid 80 bucks for my OEM B16A timing belt last time, that's peanuts for a part that if it fails, it wil **** your motor right over. Dont cut corners, do it properly.

SEPSIR
29-06-2004, 06:07 PM
any1 know a good place for hondas in melb cos i need my timing belt done...im lookin for aftermarket belt cos i got toda cam gears.

toNy