PDA

View Full Version : aircon and idle problem. 91 Integra LS

max06
12-01-2007, 09:09 AM
So its summertime and sometimes you have just go to use your aircon. When i do this, my integra LS decides to drop its idle to around 500 rpm. The car shakes coz its too low. Ive searched the forums and people are having similar problems but I didnt find my answer. The idle also drops at night when the lights are on although not as bad. I think i need a new IACV because isnt it meant to compensate by increasing idle to stop such a problem. My IACV fast idles by itself in the morning so that part works fine and with no aircon it idles beautifully. or could it be my aircon is faulty? I think the aircon still works fine for a 15 year old car, its still cold although what I have noticed is when im driving with the aircon on, there is a ticking noise coming from around inside the centre airvent. When the tick happens every ten seconds or so I will get a little instant burst of power.. and then the next tick i get a slight reduction in power and the story goes on. Is this the IACV ticking?

remi1au
12-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Exactly the same prob with my 92 LS.... I'll also be interested in any suggestions...
BTW I think the clicking you are hearing is just the aircon compressor switching on and off... although every 10 seconds or so seems a little bit frequent...