PDA

View Full Version : EM1 rear speaker installation

blazin206
12-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey guys,

Me and a mate wanted to change the stockies speakers on my Em1.

So we opened the boot got our screw drivers and....just stood there scracthing our heads.:confused:

How the hell do we reach the 6x9's at the back?

Couldn't open the lil panel on top from the inside of car cos the screws are unreachable.

My mate suggested taking whole rear panel off but we couldnt locate screw or anything.

So instead of wasting more time thought i would ask for the knowlege of my fellow ozhonda members

Could anyone please give some info much appreciated.

cheers:thumbsup:

shinji112
12-01-2007, 07:08 PM
hmm if its anything like my EJ8 (i havent done this in a long time so bear with me), you gotta put the rear seats down.. and on each side panel there should be two clips. i pulled these out with a pair of pliers. now pop your boot and get in there on your back (prepare to get a headache) and again with the pliers u gotta pop these lil clips that are like lil arrows that lock in. push them back up. you might have to disconnect the rear window brake light. now get back in ur back seats and pull at each rear plastic panel and get a mate to lift the rear shelf at the same time.. do it once for each side and it should pop off. dont do it on a fkn hot day like i did.. wanted to faint in the car. goodluck! tell me if i forgot sumthin but that should do it!