PDA

View Full Version : DC2R owners with BC Spec III Pro

Kazaf
13-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Wondering how it is, how's the tone?

How is it compared with the Spec III?

.::F[L]Y::.
13-01-2007, 01:49 PM
i had it on my dc2 with my other engine setup. Had a nice deep tone to it. very nice sound. But beware ofthe fitment. doesnt have the best fitment so id recommend takign it to a good exhaust shop to have it fitted.

You might also want to look into 5zigen pro spec racer A. very nice exhaust.

Kazaf
13-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Y::.;1033429']i had it on my dc2 with my other engine setup. Had a nice deep tone to it. very nice sound. But beware ofthe fitment. doesnt have the best fitment so id recommend takign it to a good exhaust shop to have it fitted.

You might also want to look into 5zigen pro spec racer A. very nice exhaust.

Did you have the spec 3 or pro series?

.::F[L]Y::.
15-01-2007, 10:36 PM
pro series

Tuintegra
16-01-2007, 10:09 PM
pro series is not as loud but its much more bassy. probably would not recieve as much attention from the cops tho.
doesnt have the "Bwam" sound that the spec 3.
they look just the same.

the pro series with silencer still sounds pretty good. spec3 doesnt sound as good with silencer coz its a massive one.

kyobibi
17-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Speaking from experience here,
I'm not sure on your tastes etc but I would probably recommend a quiet exhaust if your car is a daily.
I hear tanabe hyper medallion and xforce exhausts are pretty quiet.
Even if those buddyclubs come with silencers, most silencers will rattle inside the exhaust.. and it just sounds embarrassing

If its a daily.. you will probably go insane after a little while like I did :S

[[d a n n y]]
17-01-2007, 03:43 PM
PM Totti he's got it on his

AsH_
17-01-2007, 06:13 PM
can u get booked having the spec 3???
being so loud???

if ure just a daily driver

Astro
17-01-2007, 06:25 PM
i have a spec 3 pro on my dc2r and i will tell ya...it is louder then what ppl say. remember that the metal is very thin and light, making the note more noticeable. driving normally and changing gears at like 3k-5k makes the car and driver seat vibrate too. and on vtec....of cause alot louder. ..overall the note of the zorst for me is nice and deep...not thinny like some.

jdmTYPE R
17-01-2007, 11:02 PM
i got the pro on my car to and it is loud

weeman
18-01-2007, 02:35 PM
is the spec III much quieter than the spec II, i have that on my car and is ****en loud, thiking about going the spec III or spec III pro if they are much quieter

Spoon DA9R
18-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Spec III is much quiter...Pro Spec III is very quite
i m driving around without silencer at the moment, with silencer it..it doesn't make it much quiter..just make it less bassy..coz without silencer its very bassy when u r doing 3-4000 rpm...sounds ok....i like the sound of Spec III personally...don't really like the Prospec...coz its a bit too quite even with sliencer out...but yeah..i m sure u'll like it though

btw..i m using Pro Spec III now

Kazaf
18-01-2007, 02:57 PM
i have a spec 3 pro on my dc2r and i will tell ya...it is louder then what ppl say. remember that the metal is very thin and light, making the note more noticeable. driving normally and changing gears at like 3k-5k makes the car and driver seat vibrate too. and on vtec....of cause alot louder. ..overall the note of the zorst for me is nice and deep...not thinny like some.

Do you have your resonator on?

is the spec III much quieter than the spec II, i have that on my car and is ****en loud, thiking about going the spec III or spec III pro if they are much quieter

BV Spec II is louder, straight through!

Spoon DA9R
18-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Pro Spec III have longer resonator and silencer so its quiter than Spec III...measured it in person

Astro
18-01-2007, 09:01 PM
yes i have my resonator on :)

Kazaf
18-01-2007, 11:20 PM
yes i have my resonator on :)

and i was thinking of leaving it off.:eek: :eek:
Where abouts you located Astro?
Mind making a sound file?

Astro
19-01-2007, 09:23 AM
why u want me to make a sound file when u can come over and check it out 1st hand if ya want...in the cabra westside area.

PM me if ya want to come by kazaf.

weeman
25-01-2007, 06:52 AM
BV Spec II is louder, straight through!

yeh i know its straight thru, i have it on my car, i was asking if anyone has first hand experience with the two and how much quieter is the spec III

Spoon DA9R
25-01-2007, 08:52 AM
its only about 2-3 times louder with spec2..specially when vtec kicks in it'll blast! anyone behind ur car or next to ur car will be deaf, ppl'll be able to hear ur spec2 within about a 1 km range..if vtecing..properly up to 2km...i m only guessing about the kms but i've been told by friends they hear me coming about 5 mins before i get to their house...its fun to have spec 2 for a while..but overtime...i got sick of it..i can't hear SHXT in the car!!!! cant hear music, can't even hear myself talk...

i've used spec2 and spec3, now i have ProSpec3....spec2 had the best quality back then, and spec 3 is better for streets, and some track circuit or club track days won't allow u to use spec2 as they have restrictions on the sound level and prospec3 is crap..i m tempted to sell mine, the prospec have way too much bass than the original spec3...i think they'll have stock again in april....but then its really ur choice...

ap
25-01-2007, 09:16 AM
the spec II is shitloads louder then the spec III

from what i've seen the spec III is deeper sounding exhaust, while the spec II sounds really barky/tinny

Kazaf
25-01-2007, 11:49 AM
its only about 2-3 times louder with spec2..specially when vtec kicks in it'll blast! anyone behind ur car or next to ur car will be deaf, ppl'll be able to hear ur spec2 within about a 1 km range..if vtecing..properly up to 2km...i m only guessing about the kms but i've been told by friends they hear me coming about 5 mins before i get to their house...its fun to have spec 2 for a while..but overtime...i got sick of it..i can't hear SHXT in the car!!!! cant hear music, can't even hear myself talk...

i've used spec2 and spec3, now i have ProSpec3....spec2 had the best quality back then, and spec 3 is better for streets, and some track circuit or club track days won't allow u to use spec2 as they have restrictions on the sound level and prospec3 is crap..i m tempted to sell mine, the prospec have way too much bass than the original spec3...i think they'll have stock again in april....but then its really ur choice...

Was looking for the Spec III but couldnt find it anywhere.
So I ended up getting the Pro.

You make it sound so crap.

Astro
25-01-2007, 11:56 AM
so do u like the sound of the spec III pro Kazaf?

Spoon DA9R
25-01-2007, 12:54 PM
hahaha it just really disappointed me i was looking for spec3 too but they stop making them, but i heard they are coming back..not sure if its true or not....coz the spec3 sound so much better (without the silencer) the design of prospec3 and spec3 is different and prospec is heavy coz of the bigger resonator and muffler and thicker metal...honestly if it knew prospec3 is like this...i'd rather get a js racing even if it cost a bit more...a lotta ppl like my exhaust...but since i've used spec2 & 3 when it was still ALL MADE AND DESIGNED IN JAPAN so the quality is so much better, the prospec3 just doesn't have it anymore

Kazaf
25-01-2007, 05:47 PM
so do u like the sound of the spec III pro Kazaf?

Looking to get headers too, and install it in one go.

hahaha it just really disappointed me i was looking for spec3 too but they stop making them, but i heard they are coming back..not sure if its true or not....coz the spec3 sound so much better (without the silencer) the design of prospec3 and spec3 is different and prospec is heavy coz of the bigger resonator and muffler and thicker metal...honestly if it knew prospec3 is like this...i'd rather get a js racing even if it cost a bit more...a lotta ppl like my exhaust...but since i've used spec2 & 3 when it was still ALL MADE AND DESIGNED IN JAPAN so the quality is so much better, the prospec3 just doesn't have it anymore

So did you have the pro spec without the resonator/silencer?

Spoon DA9R
26-01-2007, 05:27 PM
nope i still have resonator but i m driving around without silencer rite now, y would u want to take the resonator out..if u get it as a catback its all together, don't tell me u wanna cut the resonator out...if u lose the resonator u'll lose quite a bit of back pressure for low rev...but it'll be louder..if thats all u want is loud