PDA

View Full Version : Head unit problems

bside
13-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi Guys, I have a pioneer head unit in my car (forgot the model number), and when i press the eject button to eject the cd, the deck moves out a bit, halts, then moves back into place. I haven't done anything for this to happen. I would like to know what the problem may be, or if any of you have came across this.

Lastly, if this can't be fixed by myself, are there any audio engineers who can fix this at a good price ? So far pioneer have charged $100 an hour ( which I think is quite expensive ).

Thanks guys.

ICACHA
13-01-2007, 05:27 PM
If pioneer are the only ones with the parts then pioneer would be the only ones who could fix the problem, sounds like something has jammed the mech for it to pull back in.

BOV
13-01-2007, 07:18 PM
i got the same problem as well. and i'm pulling the dash apart to see whats going on.

wazzab4
21-01-2007, 08:06 AM
What happens is the mech come out of alinement most Car audio repairers can fix them most of the time no parts are need just pulling a part and realineing never fixed one myself but a friend of mine has fixed his by pulling it apart and having a look.

Jon_51
22-01-2007, 11:08 AM
have u tried resetting it?

bside
30-01-2007, 09:49 AM
thanks guys for your replies, i know it took me ages to reply lol i just checked my email..

Yeah my gf doesn't want the system anyways, so i'll take a look myself and see what fault it may be. kool thanks guys!

if it does need an pioneer person to fix it, then i'll let you guys know how much it costs and what the problem is so you guys could probably fix yours!

SiReal
30-01-2007, 01:42 PM
CD players are so cheap nowadays, it might just be worth auctioning it off and getting yourself a brand new one.

redteggie
30-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I concur with SiReal ^^

My car came with a stuffed CD headunit (awww...it was a top of line one too! =[) but I auctioned mine off and got $100 while letting they guy know its jammed of course. Bought a new one and installed, sounds great now