PDA

View Full Version : VIPER Alarm Problem

civicek4
13-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Hi all,
My Viper Alarm 300+ has been playing up lately.

This is what happens:
1. Lock/Arm Car
2. Unlock Car - Siren chirps 4-5 times, think this is called Tamper Alert, problem is that the car is still armed and I can't start the car.

So I can lock and unlock the car but I cannot disarm it. The only way I fix this is to remove the negative terminal from the battery and put it back on and the problem goes away.

But there has to be an easier way to disarm the 'Tamper Alert' without unhooking the negative Terminal.

This problem doesn't happen all the time, it's only done it twice so far. Problem goes away for a while but I'm worried about the next time it does it again.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Slow96GSR
14-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Check the battery in the remote, while in there check for crap in the remote terminals. Do you have a valet switch?

civicek4
14-01-2007, 08:30 AM
yeh i just checked the battery. i cant tell if its dying or not but i think its time to change the battery anyway.

and about the valet switch...when i bought the car i was given the two remotes but nothing about wher the valet switch was.

Xplodin
14-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Where abouts are you located??? If your In Melb i can suggest a guy to come look at it for you... He works for DEI The Group that makes the Viper alarms.... and he is a pro installer as well. Did my car and still works a charm :D. Let me know and i'll pass his number through to you.

civicek4
14-01-2007, 02:40 PM
im located in north western suburbs. about 30 mins away from city. but im more than happy to meet up with this person around melbourne.

im not sure how he can check it but coz it doesnt always play up.