PDA

View Full Version : seat fitting

L-Plates
15-01-2007, 10:17 PM
hey just wondering if i get a passenger seat will it be able to bolt onto the driverside..!?!?
why or why not...

thanks..!!

ccibai
15-01-2007, 10:28 PM
er..r u talking bout standard/vtir seats or recaros? if recaros then it depends on the seat rail

L-Plates
15-01-2007, 10:30 PM
like recaro or replica recaro...

cant it be moddedd to fit.?!

Bayani
15-01-2007, 11:36 PM
What about moving the seat back anf forward?

teaseR
16-01-2007, 07:51 AM
^^^ and seatbelt

marabaan
16-01-2007, 07:59 AM
i have a recaro which i am selling. it will fit both sides... all u need to do it get the rails for it ($350ish from recaro)
and with recaros the seat belt polts onto the rails
they are dc2 shape.

ccibai
16-01-2007, 08:15 AM
the seat itself should b able to fit both sides, but rails will need to b specific for driver or passenger but different case if u mod it :)

L-Plates
16-01-2007, 11:12 AM
so if i use driver side rails on a passenger seat, mod them a litle to fit the seat it should be sweet.!?

marabaan
16-01-2007, 11:34 AM
depending on which seat u have..
if u have the aftermarket recaros and u have the drivers side recaro rails u wouldn’t have to mod anything.
it just bolts on..

but if u get some recaro’s and wanna use ur original rails and mod it..
(pain in the ass) u would need to find someone who can install it for u and then pay extra to get it engineered..

iv already been through that pain..
and it is much better to get an after market recaro and also the rails from recaro. and it will all bolt in.

and another thing recaro makes 2 types of rail+ bracket
one which is racing style
which is very low and im 6foot4 and i found it hard to look over the wheel
good for the track not for day to day

and the non racing (which i recommend)
is a lil bit lower then normal but is better for day to day.
also i would stay away from replicas

L-Plates
16-01-2007, 05:39 PM
so in the end the seat doesnt matter..
just the rails..!!
cause im thinking about taking a replica recaro but its only the passenger..so if i get a uni-fit rail that fits on the seat it should all be sweet..!!

Limbo
16-01-2007, 07:45 PM
so in the end the seat doesnt matter..
just the rails..!!
cause im thinking about taking a replica recaro but its only the passenger..so if i get a uni-fit rail that fits on the seat it should all be sweet..!!

depends on how the replica were built. Some are built with the purpose of being a passenger or drivers side. THe easiest way to tell is how the seat reclines. The mechanism for it should be on both sides of the seat. If not then it is seat specific.

Eg. have a look at the seats below, these are seat specific. Can only be mounted on one side
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/2_and/fatsac016.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/2_and/CSP_blue_red_black2.jpg

These ones below will fit on any side, see the double level mechanism

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/2_and/E8adsoversea.jpg

P.S sorry about using your pics "2_and" this was the easiest way i could explain it. Let me know if you want it removed if you have any issues with it