PDA

View Full Version : d16y8 mods

Ranquist
16-01-2007, 12:54 AM
hey guys,

i've got a 98 civic EJ8 (also known as EK) and was wanting to give it little boost,

is it worth changing ECU, and if so how does it compare price vs. benifit compared with I/H/E upgrade? or are there any other relatively low budget mods worth doing (ie bar turbo or swapping for a b16/b18)

any advice would be much appreciated.

RyDC5S
16-01-2007, 03:49 AM
If you want the best gain for the lowest price, forced induction is still the way to go - NA is very expensive for the gains you get. However very responsive motor afterwards.

Some resources on Civic modifications below.
http://sirspeed.info/main.php?load=mods.php

notorious_ahmie
16-01-2007, 09:54 AM
firstly - you wouldnt waste ur money changin ecu and tuning it cause ull have nothin to tune but a stock motor..bad idea

depends how much of a boost u want to give it,,with I/H/E prolly another 10 kw atw..give or a take a couple..but it wont be anything to be wowd about..

now the big question..

turbo: is sexy..but FF cars traction is a bad thing..but then again if u r just gonna be running low boost it wont be to bad..just remember..ur decreasing the life of ur eng

change of motor: more expensive but overall the better choice..i personally would put a type R motor in it..having done it myself and the results are more than enjoyable..you have all the upgraded parts from the vtir model and its just pure revn sex

so in conclusion

think about what u want and where u want to go in the long run.

hope it helped a lil

Ranquist
16-01-2007, 03:12 PM
thanks for the help. pretty much corresponds with other info i got.