PDA

View Full Version : Euro faults to look out for???

17-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey guys
the forums have been helping me find out heaps about Euros.. heheh

I am taking delivery of a new Euro 06 luxury model with the optional Sat nat this friday from the dealer... (artic blue)

i have read most of the forum subjects i say most because damn there is alot.
i have a question i would like to ask,

in taking delivery of the new Euro is there anything in particular i should be aware of like fault wise....
.... in the forums there was alot of tinting problems so i'll be sure to have a close look on all the windows but is there any other areas i should be aware of....

.... your opinions and answers would be awesome
thanks!!!!

aaronng
17-01-2007, 09:00 PM
For new cars, check the paint for scratches, panels for dents, and interior for scratches, especially at the clear plastic covering the speedometer and tachometer.

industrie
17-01-2007, 09:04 PM
as stated, look for dents, scratches before you drive it off, but if you do find things wrong with it let the dealer know

17-01-2007, 09:08 PM
hey thanks for the quick reply
really appreciated... how about engine wise like common defaults
sorry for all the "basic" questions....

aaronng
17-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Engine should be pretty ok since it is a new car.

euro77
17-01-2007, 09:21 PM
for engine, just open the bonnet, check batteries are all screwed in (the top screws), check all fluid level (at least those easily spot). And make sure the engine is there LOL (j/k mate!)

aday
18-01-2007, 09:18 PM
I've now had three Hondas from new, and all have been faultless on delivery (and for some time after). As mentioned, you should look closely for minor damage that may have occured during shipping, but aside from that, you should be fine. Enjoy your new car! :)

adammet04
18-01-2007, 10:38 PM
unfortunately one of the things to look out for is if the car is driving well when you drive it out the car yard,

i had aftermarket rims on mine from brand new courtesy of the dealer, and i instantly had issues with steering wobble etc. it was rectified straight away but yeah that was my only thing..

unfortunately its something you cant check until AFTER you drive out the car yard...

Euro76
18-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Congrats on getting your new Euro. I've just picked my Euro 11 days ago, make sure there is no scratches or dents. Just spend more time go around the car and have a look for those. As for the interior, it easily gets scratch unfortunately so look out for those too.

The best thing when I picked my Euro was the 1/2 tank fuel given to me as a bonus ;)

tanalasta
19-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Tyre pressures. You would be surprised how often dealers deliver cars with underinflated tyres.

The preferred (cold) inflation pressures are 34-36PSI front and 32 rear.

The owners manual says 32 front and 30 rear but most people prefer a slightly higher tyre pressure. Maximum is 40.

aaronng
19-01-2007, 06:38 AM
For the 16" rims, 33psi is a good balance. For the 17", a little higher around 34-36 psi.

aaronng
19-01-2007, 06:38 AM
The best thing when I picked my Euro was the 1/2 tank fuel given to me as a bonus ;)Hehe, I made my dealer give me a full tank of fuel. No fuel, no deal.

blk05gli
19-01-2007, 08:21 AM
also get the sales rep to show you all the features, i know its boring, but it'll save you time later on.

p.s: I got a full tank as well :-)

tron07
19-01-2007, 08:32 AM
No prob with the new car.... but got some rattles now.

Check for paint damage (hopefully no major damage and being repaired), all the bulbs are working, aircond, CD/radio, warning lights, etc.... Just wondering, how much you pay for your car? 5At or 6M?

I got 1/2 tank of fuel initially, but due to insurance delay and I need to go there again the next day, I got them to put it to full.

19-01-2007, 08:39 AM
i brought my dad and brother (dads a retired mechanic)

main reason is you cant help but be excited your getting a new car so i told them to go through it real throroughly, check u got all your options (my towbar was on the reps desk not in the boot) i checked all electronics apart from windows as i nad new tint)

let us know how it turns out

aaronng
19-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Check for scratches in the plastic trim around the interior, especially the cup holder cover and the ashtray cover pieces.

bluedez_man
19-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I didn't have to ask for a full tank...and thats what I got when I collected my car. It was a nice surprise.

19-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Finally got the car!! thanks for the heads up on the areas...
everything seems to be all in place and working... oh and the engine was under the bonnet hehehehe ^^

although i'm alittle annoyed that i only got a quarter of fuel!!!!
oh and that i can't wind down the windows and use the sunroof for 48hours
apparently not to harm the tint

i love the new car smell hmmmmm~
Thanks again guys appreciate the replies

(now time for rims hehehe)

euro77
20-01-2007, 09:41 AM
congrats on your new car.

yeah, newly tinted windows should not be opened until it dries. I thought the sunroof comes tinted already?

Don't forget to check for any bubbles once the tint dries.

MiSloVic
20-01-2007, 10:07 AM
although i'm alittle annoyed that i only got a quarter of fuel!!!!

sheesh! u r lucky, man! i've only got enough fuel to drive home.. that is just abt 3-4 ltrs, before the fuel light lits.

Euro76
20-01-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't want new car smell gone, it smells nice. About the fuel it was nice to have 1/2 tank upon delivery...at least it saved me 20-30 bucks :D

blueoval
22-01-2007, 11:28 AM
we need pics dude! :D

22-01-2007, 09:14 PM
pics of my new euro
i hope it works...
i had it for 3 days and its time for my 1000k service heheheh
love the euro on the highway, kinda too quite but nice ride
i got jst over 700km on a full tank thought it wasn't too bad both on highway and city roads....

22-01-2007, 09:15 PM
damn it it didn't work

Monty77
25-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Like most of you, we also got a full tank of premium. (I was hoping on some 98octane fuel but doesn't matter!) hehe... Might be a bit late now, but we checked under the front bar on delivery and found a tiny nudge of paint missing (where the bar lip drops down LHS). Even though I thought it was pedantic to mention it, the dealer insisted in getting it repainted...which I declined, for a small pot of touch-up paint instead. Barely notice it but it's my first new car god dammitt!!! Dealer also gave us another free tank of fuel after a customer survey and first service!!! I gotta admit, the dealer tried pretty hard overall for a good report. FYI "Trinity Honda" Cairns, Queensland
Cheers.

25-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Damn thats what i call customer service....!!!

its been jst under a week since my delivery
and i've noticed that theres a crack on my speedo dash (the glass panel)
i've got the 1000k service on monday so i'll mention that when i get it serviced.

maybe they'll throw in a full tank then eheheh ~

blueoval
25-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Like most of you, we also got a full tank of premium. (I was hoping on some 98octane fuel but doesn't matter!) hehe... Might be a bit late now, but we checked under the front bar on delivery and found a tiny nudge of paint missing (where the bar lip drops down LHS). Even though I thought it was pedantic to mention it, the dealer insisted in getting it repainted...which I declined, for a small pot of touch-up paint instead. Barely notice it but it's my first new car god dammitt!!! Dealer also gave us another free tank of fuel after a customer survey and first service!!! I gotta admit, the dealer tried pretty hard overall for a good report. FYI "Trinity Honda" Cairns, Queensland
Cheers.

Thats great to hear man, not often a dealer will bend over backwards after the sale has been done. Enjoy