PDA

View Full Version : Ozhonda Infractions System

Pages : [1] 2

wynode
17-01-2007, 10:36 PM
EDIT: The infraction points / expiration has changed effective Sunday 2 August 2009. See below!

Hi all,

Just letting you know that over the past few weeks we have implemented the Ozhonda infractions system which will affect the way users get banned effective immediately. More on this below.

1. What is it?
It is a system put in place to help moderators make more objective and consistent decissions based on user breaches of the Terms & Conditions and general forum behaviour. It assigns weighted points to different breaches and when a user reaches a pre-determined amount of points he/she will receive an automatic ban based on the number of infraction points he/she has accumulated.

The length of the ban depends on the number of points accumulated.

2. Who uses it?
All moderators will have the ability to give infractions to users. Users will get a PM and be able to see how many points they have via their User Control Panel (UserCP (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/usercp.php)).

3. How does it work?
If a user breaches one of the T&C or behaves unacceptably, a moderator will give the user an infraction for that particular post/offence. The user then gets a PM which includes some comments from the moderator and their infractions are listed in their UserCP (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/usercp.php) along with the points value. A sample screenshot of it can be found here.
(http://www.ozhonda.com/data/infrac.jpg)
4. How many points for breaking the rules and how are the points weighted?
The infractions system is setup as follows. Note that points will expire after a predetermined time as per the screenshot below. You basically need 10 points before you can get banned as per the lower table.

As of 2 August 2009 you can also get an automatic ban after receiving 'x' infractions (as opposed to just infraction points) so take note.

http://www.ozhonda.com/data/oh_infraction2.JPG

Click here (http://www.ozhonda.com/data/oh_infraction.JPG) to see the previous infraction allocations.

5. Can I still be banned instantly?
Yes. In very serious cases circumstances Super Moderators may issue an instant ban to a user if required. For example trolls/compulsive spammers bombarding the site.

panda[cRx]
18-01-2007, 12:25 AM
wyn can u ban chunky already?

Bayani
18-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I like the system ^^;

ProECU
18-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Can this automatic system backdate? and does this apply to the Moderator forums as well?

EuroDude
18-01-2007, 06:11 PM
The screenshot is not working.

"The requested URL /data/infract2.JPG was not found on this server."

Rasputin
18-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Demerit points are haunting my dreams enough already. Haha.

Good system, though.

Muzz
18-01-2007, 07:12 PM
yeah i agree, good system.
ban the annoying few who only put crap into this great site, without having to wait for them to post somthing that warrents a ban all by itself.

panda[cRx]
18-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Can this automatic system backdate? and does this apply to the Moderator forums as well?

lol u wouldnt want it to backdate, think about all the times uv been in wars in the past. there have been plenty of 'personal attacks' amongst the tuner/e-tuner crowd in the past

ProECU
18-01-2007, 08:23 PM
and im sure there'll be plenty more.

Are you moderators getting "off" on some kind of power kick or what?

you do realise freedom of speech is a right, not privelidge...

wynode
18-01-2007, 09:27 PM
The screenshot is not working.

"The requested URL /data/infract2.JPG was not found on this server."
Fixed :)

Rasputin
18-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Well, you might have the right to your own opinion, but unfortunately this site is "Their house". and like your folks place, if you don't wanna play by their rules, that's fine...you have to get out.

Maybe not entirely fair, but they're sstill within their rights to control this site in any way they see fit.

yfin
18-01-2007, 10:47 PM

Far from a power kick - the idea is to make moderator decisions more consistent. That way it is more difficult for X moderator to be harsher than another moderator or have a particular bias against certain individuals. So it works in the favour of the membership (eg - if you have multiple user accounts that is 6 points lost out of 20. Easy. In the past it could be dealt with differently depending on which moderator picked up the issue ranging from a warning to an instant ban).

We also haven't changed what people can and can't say on this site since August 2005 (the terms and conditions regarding content were last updated then). So your gripe about freedom of speech sounds like sour grapes rather than constructive feedback. Things have not changed regarding posting content since 2005.

There is also no such thing as a right to free speech in Australia - we are not in the USA. But thanks for your input. Your constant gripes about the moderating team are always enlightening.

An41
18-01-2007, 10:58 PM
its a good system,
It's still pretty hard to get banned unless you are determined to get banned on purpose.

So it not so harsh, it just sorts the trouble makers from the members.

bennjamin
19-01-2007, 04:59 AM

And to post on this site is a privilege not a right :thumbsup:

Everyone here is given the basic rules at the front door so with anything else ask a mod.

ProECU
19-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Your constant gripes about the moderating team are always enlightening.

You're too quick to be judgmental...

The point I was making, and i'll spell it out for you, is that if this is a SET OF RULES, does it apply to all the forum subsections, and if so, does it apply to the moderators forums.

By default, moderators are required to be members.
These rules apply to members.

It is then a Tautology that these rules apply to moderators.

chunky
19-01-2007, 11:04 AM
;1037780']wyn can u ban chunky already?

hey!
ive been legit for a while now :D

bennjamin
19-01-2007, 03:30 PM
You're too quick to be judgmental...

The point I was making, and i'll spell it out for you, is that if this is a SET OF RULES, does it apply to all the forum subsections, and if so, does it apply to the moderators forums.

By default, moderators are required to be members.
These rules apply to members.

It is then a Tautology that these rules apply to moderators.

As it always has , the rules apply to everyone including moderators and the admins.
In the past some mods have come in the spotlight towards their actions and they have been "dealt" with so to speak. Same as anyone else on here.

ProECU
20-01-2007, 01:09 AM
If this is a system that will apply to all, including mods as you point out above, then I guess it has substance. Otherwise, its fundamentally flawed.

Thats my view.

Bayani
20-01-2007, 01:54 AM
Well that's all sorted. ;)

It's a good system!

joyride
20-01-2007, 09:45 AM
we should have a poll every 3 months and nominate OH members to get banned. its quite humorous.

chunky
20-01-2007, 09:45 AM
super moderators y0~!!!l

i_own_you
20-01-2007, 12:00 PM
super moderators y0~!!!l

:thumbdwn:

can i report him now?

lol

ek4-guy
20-01-2007, 06:04 PM
cool so this system makes it easier and more consistant for the mods when it comes to banning people.

now what about if a mod went through each of the sections they controlled and gave out good points where they are deserved i meen out of my PQ points a minimal amount are from mods.

bennjamin
20-01-2007, 08:05 PM
now what about if a mod went through each of the sections they controlled and gave out good points where they are deserved i meen out of my PQ points a minimal amount are from mods.

you are referring to the Ozhonda reputation system. (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31660)
We are talking about the Ozhonda infractions system.
BTW with the member to mod ratio of about 1000 to 1 , i think its justified that Mods dish out a small amount of rep power compared to the rest of you.

In general though , we do browse all forums and have a quick look at everything we can :)

zorrt
22-01-2007, 09:09 AM
I cant find the section which lists my points in the userCP. Or does it show up only when I lose points?

Zdster
22-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I cant find the section which lists my points in the userCP. Or does it show up only when I lose points?

Only comes up if you loose them :thumbsup:. Just says for example -10 for xx reason.

zorrt
22-01-2007, 03:02 PM
If this is a system that will apply to all, including mods as you point out above, then I guess it has substance. Otherwise, its fundamentally flawed.

Thats my view.

I think its just a system to make the work easier for the mods rather than having to manually ban people, the software can do it automatically once a quota has been reached. Also makes it easier to track who has how many points etc for consistent banning.

btw. won't you mods miss your beloved banstick?

Chris_F
29-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I know of quite a few users that consistently spam/post personal attacks atm yet they are allowed to stay around, why's that?

Bayani
30-01-2007, 03:43 AM
If you see an offensive post, Report it. :)
Why? Who knows.

Adagio
30-01-2007, 07:04 AM
I am continually pleased with the way this site is responsibly managed and its intuitive format is way above other sites I access, well done !!:thumbsup:

Q_ball
30-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I know of quite a few users that consistently spam/post personal attacks atm yet they are allowed to stay around, why's that?

Understand this, and this goes to all members, that us moderators try our best to read most posts, but as you can all understand, this is near impossible considering we all work our own jobs and study etc.
If you see something wrong going on in a thread, use the report post button.
This will bring a mod's attention to the thread a lot sooner.

And remember guys and girls, if you see rubbish being posted in a technical/model specific forum (NB. technical = DIY, sussy/handling, FI, All Motor etc), you can not only report it, but give that user a negative rep point.

chunky
30-01-2007, 10:51 AM
always rep up if u see a good post! >_<

wynode
30-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I am continually pleased with the way this site is responsibly managed and its intuitive format is way above other sites I access, well done !!:thumbsup:

Thanks Adagio.......appreciated.

Understand this, and this goes to all members, that us moderators try our best to read most posts, but as you can all understand, this is near impossible considering we all work our own jobs and study etc.
If you see something wrong going on in a thread, use the report post button.
This will bring a mod's attention to the thread a lot sooner.

And remember guys and girls, if you see rubbish being posted in a technical/model specific forum (NB. technical = DIY, sussy/handling, FI, All Motor etc), you can not only report it, but give that user a negative rep point.

:thumbsup:

Muzz
30-01-2007, 11:05 PM

Thats what i believe this new system deals with. Those people might of always been spamming shit, atacking people etc. but each offence alone mightn't enough to ban the user, now its like all the little things are added up together, the way it should be.

Chris_F
30-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Thats what i believe this new system deals with. Those people might of always been spamming shit, atacking people etc. but each offence alone mightn't enough to ban the user, now its like all the little things are added up together, the way it should be.

Yea I think it should work quite well.

I just think the mods should still be allowed to ban instantly when a user clearly signs up for no other reason but to abuse other members and spam.

Q_ball
30-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I just think the mods should still be allowed to ban instantly when a user clearly signs up for no other reason but to abuse other members and spam.
Yep, thats still enforced man,
Given the severity of the offence, a user can still be instantly banned without prior warning.

Muzz
30-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Yea I think it should work quite well.

yeah definatly:thumbsup:

Mr_will
15-02-2007, 10:44 AM

in australia, in fact, freedom of speech is not guaranteed in the constitution, so youre wrong, freedom of speech is not a right.

aaronng
15-02-2007, 11:06 AM
in australia, in fact, freedom of speech is not guaranteed in the constitution, so youre wrong, freedom of speech is not a right.

Even if freedom of speech was a right here, anti-social disruptive behaviour isn't. And that is what the infarction system is meant to limit.

ProECU
15-02-2007, 11:43 AM

But it is implied.

Perhaps Tinkerbell can clarify that given his background.

SiReal
15-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Perhaps you should stop working with cars and take up a job with the UN. It seems to match you better. ;)

bennjamin
15-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Perhaps we can keep it on topic...

At the end of the day ~ this is NOT australia it is a forum hosted in the MATRIX .
The rules are written at the "front door" - so if you dont agree with them please talk about it or leave :)

ProECU
15-02-2007, 04:16 PM
How about this novel idea.

Can you implement a voting system PRIOR to introducing these fancy pants Infractions, PQ systems?

How about opening it up for debate BEFORE they are implemented?

If you care enough about the members who SUPPORT this place, and in essence are the LIFEBLOOD of this place, then how about ASKING them?

It's much harder to reverse an action after the fact.

my 2c

Q_ball
15-02-2007, 04:19 PM
How about this novel idea.

Can you implement a voting system PRIOR to introducing these fancy pants Infractions, PQ systems?

How about opening it up for debate BEFORE they are implemented?

If you care enough about the members who SUPPORT this place, and in essence are the LIFEBLOOD of this place, then how about ASKING them?

It's much harder to reverse an action after the fact.

my 2c

I rekon its harder to come to an agreement about this if we ask everyone.
Similar to organising events, organisers should jst set a time and date, and let ppl work around it.
Same thing goes with implementations to the site.

ProECU
15-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Not really.

Im professional organisations, majority rules. It's a voting system after all.

It can work given there is a time frame set around accepting votes, ie, 1 week then it closes.

bennjamin
15-02-2007, 04:37 PM
We havent had the majority complain or bring up many issues about this PQ system or the Infractions system ~ if anything both have been welcomed with open arms. As said before its the majority of members who dictate how this site is run and how PQ points are implemented , and also how infractions are dealt out.

Its a good idea to implement a voting system for future "additions".

SiReal
15-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Im professional organisations, majority rules. It's a voting system after all.

Very untrue. In professional organisations, whats best for the business rules.

True, staff may have concerns about certain changes, but the inability to adapt to change ultimately means the staff member will either move to a different unit or quit. ITs as simple as that.

Would the company risk insolvency, lawsuits, lost opportunities due to some staff members not being happy? No.

Same applies for Ozhonda.

In my time at Telstra of 2 years, I have been through AT LEAST 6 organisation changes and I have had 5 managers. I have seen office politics like crazy. I do believe I have credit to stand by my statement above.

panda[cRx]
15-02-2007, 07:56 PM
leave :)
. . .

wynode
15-02-2007, 08:54 PM

Yes we did. Moderators voted on it because they are the ones who will be using it. There were a couple of mods that didn't agree on it but the majority prefferred it.

It's here to stay so keep any other posts related to the infractions system please.

Zdster
16-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks, The annoyance is because above all, there exists an ultimate good.
People are much more important than machines/engines.

There is a complete lack of respect conveyed when the community who helped build this repository carries no weight in this place, and furthermore are ridiculed by members of the moderator team. (can you imagine what is being said about this thread - myself, Toda and others in the mods corner?)

Think about that and hopefully you'll understand where I come from when I get the shits up.

Actually, there are no (at least recent) threads that I see relating to you or anyone else that you mention at all.

Mr_will
16-02-2007, 11:28 AM
plenty of relevant posts were just deleted :)

Zdster
16-02-2007, 11:34 AM
plenty of relevant posts were just deleted :)

This thread is about the 'infraction system'. If you want to discuss site management and the decision making process, start a new thread.

honest muz
22-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Far from a power kick - the idea is to make moderator decisions more consistent. That way it is more difficult for X moderator to be harsher than another moderator or have a particular bias against certain individuals.

We also haven't changed what people can and can't say on this site since August 2005 (the terms and conditions regarding content were last updated then). So your gripe about freedom of speech sounds like sour grapes rather than constructive feedback. Things have not changed regarding posting content since 2005.

There is also no such thing as a right to free speech in Australia - we are not in the USA. But thanks for your input. Your constant gripes about the moderating team are always enlightening.

This set of rules is a good thing in my view. The word community comes to mind, with different generations, points of view coming together, hopefully with a richness and synergistic dynamic that adds to the vibe. Way to go guys!

I've been a moderator on a US based site for motorcycles in the past. We didn't have a points system. To me it's a bit like being the kid with the most footy cards.

But hey, how cool is it being a moderator???

aaronng
22-02-2007, 09:58 PM
But hey, how cool is it being a moderator???

It's not cool...

panda[cRx]
23-02-2007, 06:00 AM
I've been a moderator on a US based site for motorcycles in the past. We didn't have a points system. To me it's a bit like being the kid with the most footy cards.

how is a points based infraction system is like footy cards? that is retarded :confused:

a better comparison would be with your local rta/vicroads. there are set penalties for each offence (well i know there is in victoria) which is to prevent unfair or biased treatment.

anyone complaining about a system designed to make it fairer for EVERYONE needs to get their head checked

Muzz
23-02-2007, 08:32 AM
;1078531']how is a points based infraction system is like footy cards? that is retarded :confused:

He's refering to the pq points system.
People try to get as many as they can, like kids with footy cards.

panda[cRx]
23-02-2007, 08:39 AM
^ wrong thread :wave:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31660

this thread is about the infraction system. how hard is that to comprehend?

Muzz
23-02-2007, 08:42 AM
;1078599']
How hard is that to comprehend?

Chill out, was there any need for that comment?

;1078531'] that is retarded :confused:

Or this one either? They add nothing to your what your saying, only bitchyness, somthing ozhonda can do without, especially from a moderator.

bennjamin
23-02-2007, 09:48 AM
...especially from a moderator.

Panda isnt a moderator ? So only represents his own opinion :thumbsup:

BTW any other thoughts on the INFRACTIONS system guys ?

Mr_will
23-02-2007, 12:12 PM
it seems fair enough to me
anything that makes it easier to get rid of people like hondaskywalker,iamvtec etc, in my opinion, is a good thing

honest muz
26-02-2007, 09:57 AM
anything that makes it easier to get rid of people like hondaskywalker,iamvtec etc, in my opinion, is a good thing

Man it's all about the downside and control right. The clock is obviously ticking on me. And you know what, I've had enough of your style of posting. The name calling, the sniping on one line out of twenty. Every now and then I see infrequent posters come in on a thread and you typically pull their comments apart. I get it that you don't agree with everything that's written but how about acknowledging the 19 lines that ADD to the rich tapestry. Not everyone knows as much as you and you're turning some valuable contributers off.
Grow-up son.

See ya later.....:wave:

aaronng
26-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Why would you want to get rid of them? Have they harmed or threatened you in any way?

SiReal
26-02-2007, 10:39 AM
If everyone were teh same on OH , then it wouldnt be a fun place to be at. IAMVTEC's comments are funny and may even add life to a somewhat boring thread. I don't agree with everything he (or other similar ppl ) say, but its great to have variety.

Infractions system is good. I've been a member since oct04 and i havent had any problems. common sense and good ol courtesy is not hard to practice.

panda[cRx]
26-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Chill out, was there any need for that comment?

Or this one either? They add nothing to your what your saying, only bitchyness, somthing ozhonda can do without, especially from a moderator.

obviously there was a need as people are complaining about something unrelated to the topic (ie. SPAMMING)

and i sorry to disapoint but i'm not a moderator :wave:

Man it's all about the downside and control right. The clock is obviously ticking on me.

clock is ticking on you?
you joined last month and if you think you are gonna get banned in the near future maybe the problem is with you and not the infraction system?!? :confused:
imo you have to give some effort in order to get a ban on this forum

the infraction system is fine. if you dont like the infraction system or dont want to follow the terms and conditions of the forum then post elsewhere. unless you plan on breaking the terms and conditions what is the problem?
would you prefer bans to be handed out at moderators digression? rather than set penalties?

it's a simple system and unless you plan on breaking rules or stirring shit i dont see why you would have a problem with it

Mr_will
26-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Man it's all about the downside and control right. The clock is obviously ticking on me. And you know what, I've had enough of your style of posting. The name calling, the sniping on one line out of twenty. Every now and then I see infrequent posters come in on a thread and you typically pull their comments apart. I get it that you don't agree with everything that's written but how about acknowledging the 19 lines that ADD to the rich tapestry. Not everyone knows as much as you and you're turning some valuable contributers off.
Grow-up son.

See ya later.....:wave:

i dont mind anyone who puts their point reasonably, but people who persistently suggest that their useless info is better than everyone elses, or disagree with people without giving reasons.

Why would you want to get rid of them? Have they harmed or threatened you in any way?

nope, theyre funny sometimes, but for the majority of the time they are very very annoying.

aaronng
26-02-2007, 02:03 PM
nope, theyre funny sometimes, but for the majority of the time they are very very annoying.
I recommend that you either avoid their posts or use the ignore list. :)

Zdster
26-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Man it's all about the downside and control right. The clock is obviously ticking on me.

You have no infractions against your name. Members have given you negative reputation, but if you believe that it was inappropriatly given you should contact a mod. As Panda stated, you really have to 'work' to get yourself banned here . . .

honest muz
26-02-2007, 03:32 PM
;1081609']obviously there was a need as people are complaining about something unrelated to the topic (ie. SPAMMING)

and i sorry to disapoint but i'm not a moderator :wave:

clock is ticking on you?
you joined last month and if you think you are gonna get banned in the near future maybe the problem is with you and not the infraction system?!? :confused:
imo you have to give some effort in order to get a ban on this forum

the infraction system is fine. if you dont like the infraction system or dont want to follow the terms and conditions of the forum then post elsewhere. unless you plan on breaking the terms and conditions what is the problem?
would you prefer bans to be handed out at moderators digression? rather than set penalties?

it's a simple system and unless you plan on breaking rules or stirring shit i dont see why you would have a problem with it

Hey man, I agree with you 100%

wynode
26-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Guys/girls, this thread is SOLELY to talk about the infractions system in its current use. If you have any concerns about moderating / the moderating team and the way they operate then make a new thread or PM me. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

First and final warning not to go OT in this thread like we had a few weeks ago.

wynode
01-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Just an update that the points requirement for an automatic ban has now been reduced.

See the screenshot in the first post for details but essentially it is like this:

20 points - 7 day ban
30 points - 1 month ban
50 points - perm ban

Reason for this is due to a recent user getting banned for 7 days then coming back and repeating the offence (he/she is clearly on the forum for no good).

Mr_will
01-05-2007, 09:32 PM
I recommend that you either avoid their posts or use the ignore list. :)

when they are in threads i want to read, because i am interested in the content (other than their posts) that is not a very effective suggestion

wynode
01-05-2007, 09:58 PM
when they are in threads i want to read, because i am interested in the content (other than their posts) that is not a very effective suggestion
Not reallly relative to this thread but.......when you put a user in your ignore list.....you just can't see posts made by them (but can see other people's posts).

chunky
25-05-2007, 04:32 PM
OMG i just go infracteddd
ffs am i like the first ever person to get infracted?
6 blardly points
ok now this is what i got infracted for
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1182831
yes its understandable but cmon i was agrovated by that dudes stupid sarcasm
sholdnt he get infracted aswell
he called me stupid ect
i know most of you will say ' you shouldnt of done that jus tell a mod ect ect'
it was like the spur of the moment
like if youve just broken up with ur gf u go for a drive and speed like hell total disregard for the law
and in the old school days if sum 1 says stuff about your mum u dont tell a teacher u have a punch on
u seem like a wuss if u tell

i know i might seem a bit rediculous but yea...

- chunky

Bayani
26-05-2007, 01:17 AM
PM a Mod..

wynode
27-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Chunky, as said above. I'll have a quick look anyways.......but 99% of the time a mod giving an infraction is justified.+

EDIT: It is justified in this case!

aaronng
27-05-2007, 01:02 AM
OMG i just go infracteddd
ffs am i like the first ever person to get infracted?
6 blardly points
ok now this is what i got infracted for
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1182831
yes its understandable but cmon i was agrovated by that dudes stupid sarcasm
sholdnt he get infracted aswell
he called me stupid ect
i know most of you will say ' you shouldnt of done that jus tell a mod ect ect'
it was like the spur of the moment
like if youve just broken up with ur gf u go for a drive and speed like hell total disregard for the law
and in the old school days if sum 1 says stuff about your mum u dont tell a teacher u have a punch on
u seem like a wuss if u tell

i know i might seem a bit rediculous but yea...

- chunky
Hi there Chunky,
It was me who gave you the points. I thought that your reply to his sarcasm was pretty rude. True that he egged you on. But if people egg you on, you shouldn't fall into their trap. But your reply to him was worse than his sarcasm.

Anyway, you're not the first person to get infarcted. Many people have heaps of points too. :)

chunky
27-05-2007, 11:19 PM
alright thanks for clearing that up boys :thumbsup:

ProECU
06-08-2007, 07:51 PM
are moderators subject to receiving infringements based on comments received via PM?

krogoth
07-08-2007, 10:50 AM
ahh, so u put it in the rite thread this time?

lol

Nikki
07-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi there Chunky,
It was me who gave you the points. I thought that your reply to his sarcasm was pretty rude. True that he egged you on. But if people egg you on, you shouldn't fall into their trap. But your reply to him was worse than his sarcasm.

Anyway, you're not the first person to get infarcted. Many people have heaps of points too. :)

lol u gotta admit it was pretty funny tho :p

proecu - dude seriously don't even worry about it ur back now and if you dont do the wrong thing you will stay here :)

ProECU
07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
are moderators subject to receiving infringements based on comments received via PM?

Perhaps I should generalise this question...

Do infringements apply to comments made in PM's on this forum?

Nikki
07-08-2007, 07:46 PM

from what i have been told yes, if you have proof.. depends

bennjamin
09-08-2007, 09:59 AM

No. As Pm is your own private matter and rules are not applicable there.

Hence We try to say "keep it to pm" when people start bitching at each other etc.

gReY-oNe
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
http://i24.tinypic.com/2csgsr4.jpg

is it in teh right place now?

yfin
09-10-2007, 01:12 PM
http://i24.tinypic.com/2csgsr4.jpg

is it in teh right place now?

What is this about? That isn't your profile... :confused:

gReY-oNe
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
just thought i would say i didnt think dupac was makin any person attack at anyone?

yfin
09-10-2007, 01:36 PM
just thought i would say i didnt think dupac was makin any person attack at anyone?

The personal attack was deleted and not visible to you. If Dupac (the user the infraction was issued to) wants an infraction reviewed he should ask another mod to review. I have no problem with a review - is clearly a personal attack and not permitted under the terms and conditions.

dc2dc2dc2
10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
just out of curiosity.

is any personal attack gonna be infracted ?

ie. i've reported a few posts back where someone was personally attacking me.

did that person recieve an infraction ? just out of curiosity thats all. not trying to stir anything.

bennjamin
10-10-2007, 02:34 PM
too vague to answer. How are We supposed to remember every moderation off the top of our head lol. Please link us the example :)

Anyway , personal attacks for example - a attack is deemed as offensive or otherwise threatening. (such as death threats or openly accusing you of something etc) . Not simple immature name calling.

dc2dc2dc2
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
im not asking u to remember. im just curious thats all. Who are u to say that it isn't offensive ? if somoene was saying something about my mum and i find that offensive. Would u guys hand out an infraction ?

bennjamin
10-10-2007, 02:43 PM
you asked if we remembered the person who received an infraction or not lol.

Anyway , Generally the post would be removed and a written warning to the user and others to keep posts on topic.If something is deemed offensive by the end user IE if you report it , and its deemed utterly offensive OR its a multiple time then it would receive an infraction.

dc2dc2dc2
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
ok cool bananas.

yfin
10-10-2007, 05:08 PM
(such as death threats or openly accusing you of something etc) . Not simple immature name calling.

lol you have had death threats? :) They should go to the Police.

bennjamin
10-10-2007, 05:32 PM
lol you have had death threats? :) They should go to the Police.

People who join up just to flog off some stolen parts ~ then get angry and blurt anything out in their defense. I dont take it to heart but you ge tthe point.

dc2dc2dc2
08-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Ozhonda says: YES TO BIAS MODERATING

aaronng
08-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Ozhonda says: YES TO BIAS MODERATING

Yes, I'm biased. I'm so biased that I have no qualms against handing out infarctions to ex-mods or to a member that I personally know. Ppl will end up hating me, but at least I try. :)

chunky
08-02-2008, 04:12 PM
wholy sh*t bao got alot of infractions
lol

EuroDude
08-02-2008, 05:11 PM
^ That was during the Green-Square PQ race. 1st to 10 squares wins lool

bennjamin
13-02-2008, 05:44 PM
guys n girls , reply in here only if you have some relevant input or discussion about the infraction system

ProECU
15-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Anyway , personal attacks for example - a attack is deemed as offensive or otherwise threatening. (such as death threats or openly accusing you of something etc) . Not simple immature name calling.

So if I called ECU-MAN a balding dickhead and you his gay loverboy, would that warrant an infraction?

Bludger
15-02-2008, 06:06 PM
LOL

what you're doing is like hitting on a chik that you know has aids...

lol

its fun, but you're ****ed in the end

LMAO

each to their own and good luck with your cause:D

dc2dc2dc2
15-02-2008, 06:07 PM
lol proECU you'll be fine

as long as u don't mention DNT-CRY in a thread.
you won't get infracted
unless of course ur on the picked on list.

Bludger
15-02-2008, 06:08 PM
lol proECU you'll be fine

as long as u don't mention DNT-CRY in a thread.
you won't get infracted
unless of course ur on the picked on list.i know for a fact that i'm on that list

bhuahahahhaha

bennjamin
15-02-2008, 06:34 PM
So if I called ECU-MAN a balding dickhead and you his gay loverboy, would that warrant an infraction?

that poor cheek just got you an infraction.I am offended at your continual personal attacks because they are not simply a "immature poke" and are verging on harassment.
Drop the issue you keep bringing up. :thumbsup:

I remind everyone here to post in this thread , if you have genuine queries regarding the Infraction system.
Keep the irrelevant chit chat out , there is no list as everyone here is equal.

ProECU
15-02-2008, 09:41 PM
lol - technically I didnt call you those things - the infraction was a bit harsh - who agrees ? :)

btw: I love getting bad rep points from you guys on technical info that is actually correct. well done boys, keep up the personal vendetta :)
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59373&page=9

krogoth
15-02-2008, 11:14 PM
uffff

this is the infractions thread

post in the right thread ffs

bennjamin
16-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Evan , let anyone and everyone decide with abit of research.

BTW link properly dude ~ in teh right thread next time.

dc2dc2dc2
19-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi all.

As u recall i received an infraction in a LOUNGE thread for saying DNT-CRY, it was seen as 'not on the topic of road rage' etc etc.

Now, since ozhonda is becoming nazi's in the lounge. I reported these posts 3 times yet nothing has been done about it. Isn't it amzing the bias toward moderators. Qballs reply has nothing to do with parking fines yet his post gets ignored and left there and i bet my life on it that he will not receive and infraction for 'spamming'.

GOTTA LOVE THE BIAS MODERATING AND THE IGNORANCE

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1544824#post1544824

Refer to that thread posts #6, #8 & #12.

Thankyou.

est1989
19-02-2008, 10:27 AM
im still on negative pq points some1 fix me up already.
i pmed qball but nothing has been done about it.

Q_ball
19-02-2008, 10:29 AM
^ PQ points have nothing to do with infrractions.
You PM'd me asking you to give you rep points for ur last few posts.
Whether i do that or not, is up to my discretion!

As far as my post goes in that thread that Tai has pointed out, well... ill leave that up to others to decide what happens.

dc2dc2dc2
19-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Thx Qball.

Good to see a mature response from you in this thread.
Which is quite the contrary in the thread i linked.
Very immature of you Qball. I expected more from you.
Much more.

aaronng
19-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Thx Qball.

Good to see a mature response from you in this thread.
Which is quite the contrary in the thread i linked.
Very immature of you Qball. I expected more from you.
Much more.

So what do you want Qball to do? Give himself an infarction? He CAN'T do that even if he wanted to. You should be directing your rage at me, since I am the one here being inconsistent in not giving Qball an infarction. Get it out of your mind that all mods are the same, that we all think alike and have same levels of tolerance against tomfoolery. Everything is done at our discretion. Some mods have different limits to what they see as worthy of an infarction. Isn't it better this way? Imagine if every mod hated the "DNT-CRY" spam and handed out infarctions to everyone doing that. There would be many unhappy people.

BTW, I see you keep bringing back the DNT-CRY infarction. Are still upset over that infarction I gave you in that road rage thread?

dc2dc2dc2
19-02-2008, 10:56 AM
No not at taht.

im upset that i report a post 3 times
and it does not get looked at ?
i report it yet it gets ignored?
whats the point of reporting then.

aaronng
19-02-2008, 11:14 AM
No not at taht.

Send a PM. The report post button works by sending out an email to the mods and sometimes people like me don't check email. :)

wynode
19-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Point noted about certain infractions in the lounge. I will have a chat to the mods about that.

No not at taht.

I don't know the circumstances around this particular event however reporting a post doesn't necessarily mean something will be done about it. When a post is reported the respective moderator will have a look at the post along with the reason it was reported and takes action if he/she deems necessary. Surely you realise that being an ex mod such that we shouldn't have to spell it out to you.

dc2dc2dc2
19-02-2008, 11:17 AM
thx wyn.

yeh i know.
But i don't see how saying 'pics of my sis or ban'
is relevant to anything at all
if anything it is quite immature.
thats why girls don't come on these forums with that type of attitude.

panda[cRx]
19-02-2008, 06:10 PM
z0mg!! tai and evan complaining about ozhonda moderating!! :eek:

ProECU
19-02-2008, 09:18 PM
;1546718']z0mg!! tai and evan complaining about ozhonda moderating!! :eek:

When making reference to ones name, use CAPITALS :)

dc2dc2dc2
11-03-2008, 09:19 AM
lolz hi all im back.

i got another infraction.
this time it was for spamming/racist
i can see plenty of threads way more racist then my comment and they didn't receive infraction.

all i said was BBC = big black ****
how is that racist ! thats a compliment if anything.
god people take forums too seirously.

spastic
11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
^ i agree with you dc2dc2dc2
tsk. sigh

Q_ball
11-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Infractions are as per the moderators discretion.
Stop comparing with other posts, as it infractions are dealt with on a case to case basis and are not cross checked or referenced with prior "racial" infractions.

If you see something racist, report it, simple.
Whether it gets dealt with, you CANNOT force the matter.

Go do some study or something Tai you bored ass... seriously bro.
Stop stirring!

spastic
11-03-2008, 09:40 AM
its not fair! ;[
yeah " Tai ". very disappointed.

Q_ball
11-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Spastic, id advise you to go spam elsewhere as you dont seem to have very valid inputs into anything else but spam/lounge threads.

spastic
11-03-2008, 10:05 AM
thanks for letting me know qball

mrwillz
11-03-2008, 11:42 AM
i sed bbc somewhere b4

ProECU
11-03-2008, 06:19 PM
lolz hi all im back.

i got another infraction.
this time it was for spamming/racist
i can see plenty of threads way more racist then my comment and they didn't receive infraction.

all i said was BBC = big black ****
how is that racist ! thats a compliment if anything.
god people take forums too seirously.

its definately intentional bro... dont listen to the propoganda from the moderators, theyre in it for themselves.

Ive got plenty of infractions and negative rep, lol.

Like my avatar?

wynode
11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Stop spamming this thread please.

An infraction is not the end of the world so stop kicking up a fuss. As said previously we cannot monitor every post and where we come across one that deserves it, an infraction will be given.

I thought I'd keep this thread open for constructive feedback on the system however instead a minority of you (really it's on 2-3 people out of the thousands of members we have) are having a winge. You did something wrong......deal with it.

ProECU
11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
There ya go - got anotherone for my avatar. lol

Feel the Love

ProECU
01-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Where can users find an exhaustive list and the allocated time periods ?

ek4-guy
01-04-2008, 08:42 PM
i know we can't give quality post points in the lounge but being able to give negative might cause these spammers to pull their heads in

ProECU
01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Where can users find an exhaustive list and the allocated time periods ?

bump..

bennjamin
02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
bump..

...of what ? how many infraction points needed for a ban etc ?

As per 1st post you can see the amount of infraction points , and how many is needed for a ban , perma-ban etc

http://www.ozhonda.com/data/oh_infraction.JPG

ProECU
02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
no no, by exhaustive list I mean, what are the "types" of infractions available (complete list) and how long they apply from inception date.

eg, spamming = 2points & applies for 3months...

where can we find such a list ?

bennjamin
02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Look at the image supplied. It is the exact info you are asking for.

ProECU
02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Look at the image supplied. It is the exact info you are asking for.

no its not, my infractions dont correspond to that list ...

bennjamin
02-04-2008, 07:04 PM
There is the option for "custom" infractions , including the custom number of points and time length. Your question has been answered.

ProECU
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
so what ur saying is that the mods have the ability to assign different point penalty and time periods for the same infraction type as they see fit?

krogoth
02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
no

ur just such a pain in the ass, that u go off the normal reasoning and punishment levels, lmao

the mods had to create this custom section so they can deal with bizzare and repetitive behaviour that comes from some members, ie u, lol

95civic
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I can see why the mods need to be able to hand out different infractions and point penalty levels. From what I can see they aint doing such a bad job.

If this site is so bad, so unfair, why are you still spending time here??

aaronng
02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
no its not, my infractions dont correspond to that list ...
Your infractions are of the types "spamming", "personal attack on other user" and "misuse of Post Quality (PQ) system". That's all I can see in your profile.

That list of possible infractions is the same list that we see when we give out infractions.

ProECU
02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
look again.

also pay attention to how different instances of the same infraction type have different time frames... lol

This is clearly a "fair" system dont you think?

wynode
02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
look again.

also pay attention to how different instances of the same infraction type have different time frames... lol

This is clearly a "fair" system dont you think?

It is.....if it wasn't you would have been permanently banned a long time ago.

Have another close look at the first post. See the column marked 'extend'. It means it adds more time to an existing infraction if you get one for a repeat offense.

You really do need to grow up.

Moderators will no longer be replying to any of your comments because it is just a waste of all our time.

If this site is so bad, so unfair, why are you still spending time here??

Because he loves it so much.......as per a recent PM to me.

No matter how hard you try, ****face, you will NEVER get rid of me.

panda[cRx]
10-04-2008, 09:47 AM
+1 request permaban

wynode
10-04-2008, 12:33 PM
What do you mean Laws?

dc2dc2dc2
10-04-2008, 12:42 PM
He is requesting that ProECU gets a perm ban.
+1 = 1 Vote for him to be Perm ban.
Then someone else will come in and say +2 etc etc.

wynode
10-04-2008, 12:48 PM
As you can see by his username he is banned. Now back on topic guys!

Bludger
10-04-2008, 02:41 PM
-1 permanent ban

= 0

panda is asking for a permanent ban

not just a ban

dc2dc2dc2
23-10-2008, 12:16 PM
oh haiz
i thought i'd bump this up for further discussion

Now myself and a few other people ie. Mrwillz, Fo551L etc got infractions for posting up fake pics of ourselves and copped infractions by the one and only Panda :)

Just wondering if Benjamin (I STILL LOVE YOU) will receive an infraction for doing the same? Or are modz just simply warned and get off with no infraction penalties ie. above the laws that us peasants must follow.

Reference:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1948975&postcount=196

Much Love,
Ninja Moderator.

aaronng
23-10-2008, 01:25 PM
oh haiz
i thought i'd bump this up for further discussion

Now myself and a few other people ie. Mrwillz, Fo551L etc got infractions for posting up fake pics of ourselves and copped infractions by the one and only Panda :)

Just wondering if Benjamin (I STILL LOVE YOU) will receive an infraction for doing the same? Or are modz just simply warned and get off with no infraction penalties ie. above the laws that us peasants must follow.

Reference:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1948975&postcount=196

Much Love,
Ninja Moderator.
Everyone knows he is Chuck Norris. WTF are you on about?

Stop stirring shit. :p <- smiley

dc2dc2dc2
23-10-2008, 04:21 PM
lolz
But its true.
Mods sticking up for modz.
So Mrwillz looks like Emotion Eric or Pogi Looks like Bryan Boy
If they posted pics of them 'as themselves'
they would get their asses infracted.

moderators are kings !!!

SiReal
23-10-2008, 05:23 PM
coming from an unbiased point of view. I would have to agree with unfair infractions this time round.

I will let Ben handle this situation as he sees fit.

bennjamin
23-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I believe you lot were infracted due to the repeated posts of that nature.
well...your point is justified. I will remove it. I thought it was funneh .
I apoligise to those that i offended.

IF a mod wants to infract me do it ! Ive infracted mods before to get a point across :)

bennjamin
23-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Now lets keep the spam out of this forum please Thanks.

panda[cRx]
23-10-2008, 06:28 PM
lolz
But its true.
Mods sticking up for modz.
moderators are kings !!!

errr no its not.
i literally cant infract ben, the infraction button doesn't show up for me as he's admin/supermod/chuck/gay/whatever

IF a mod wants to infract me do it ! Ive infracted mods before to get a point across :)
enable me to do it and u have yourself and infraction point mister!

dc2dc2dc2
24-10-2008, 11:52 AM
i was talking about aaron mr panda
please dont be offended :)

Q_ball
24-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Infraction dealt.. lets move on.

This issue/incident is over.

BlitZ
29-01-2009, 10:36 AM
I was referred to this page by Ben.

I created a thread as like the one below:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102522

I got dermit pts removed..
Exactly the same.. just a different culture.

WTF. I want justice.

I want to apeal this infraction.. If there is any justice.

My solicator Perry will be in contact

wynode
29-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I was referred to this page by Ben.

I created a thread as like the one below:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102522

I got dermit pts removed..
Exactly the same.. just a different culture.

WTF. I want justice.

I want to apeal this infraction.. If there is any justice.

My solicator Perry will be in contact
Not sure what your point is. You were given an infraciton on 18 December last year and it was for spam (which is valid).

chunky
31-01-2009, 10:08 AM
he made a thread about a diff culture
i dunno which one
viets or islanders etc
and he got neg rep for it
whilst the indo thread remains open
is this racism?

panda[cRx]
01-02-2009, 01:53 PM
no its people spamming to make countless other threads after the original one

tiksie
01-02-2009, 09:13 PM
But the 'original' one is only for one race..

What about a 'what nationality are you' thread ?

Would be a wiser decision IMHO.

panda[cRx]
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
you mean something like this http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350&page=30 ??? which has been here since 03?

grow up guys, there is no need to nit pick about stuff like this you don't really care about. the original thread was not racist at all but the spammers took it and ran with it and made about another 6-7 other threads which is why they got closed

scyt7e
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
i think getting banned for retaliating with trade ratings for a month is a bit much especially if the admin DOES NOT BOTHER to hear both sides of a story...

bennjamin
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
i think getting banned for retaliating with trade ratings for a month is a bit much especially if the admin DOES NOT BOTHER to hear both sides of a story...

you got banned because you received an infraction , which put you ov4r your limit and thus you were banned. You were not instantly banned for abusing the trade feedback system.

tiksie
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
;2104763']you mean something like this http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350&page=30 ??? which has been here since 03?

grow up guys, there is no need to nit pick about stuff like this you don't really care about. the original thread was not racist at all but the spammers took it and ran with it and made about another 6-7 other threads which is why they got closed

Maybe if you actually payed attention to the 'who here is indo?' thread, you would realize that the last few pages have all been spam..

panda[cRx]
03-02-2009, 01:45 PM
maybe if you used the report post function it would have been attended to?

mods dont read over every single thread

wynode
02-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Update: Added infraction for tag abuse.

dc2dc2dc2
16-05-2009, 12:24 PM
bump this back up.

so from my understanding.

moderators can simply infract with no evidence?

shouldn't they investigate and ensure that the infraction is warranted before jumping straight to infracting members?

wynode
16-05-2009, 12:28 PM

shouldn't they investigate and ensure that the infraction is warranted before jumping straight to infracting members?

Obviously they do. But as said many times before occasionaly mistakes are made. If you GENUINELY think an error has been made then you can contact another mod to have a decision reviewed. If that fails you can contact me.

As for your latest infraction like I said in the other thread, I'm talking to Q about it.

dc2dc2dc2
16-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Cool thanks.

Reason why i didn't PM any other moderator is because Q had told me that he is talking to you about. Im just more upset about being infracted for no apparent reason. For all i know that could have got me banned for another month and i would have no way to contact you guys to plead my innocence. Bit unfair i think.

dc2dc2dc2
18-05-2009, 05:40 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112950&page=4

in reference to that thread.

so...i copped an infraction for using the word 'wog' as it was deemed by ozhonda gods to be offensive.

now i have seen the word repeatedly used in that thread. Also by the person who i called a wog, dwn_boi has used it in that thread. So is it fair for me to cop one? and herself and others to stay there because they are not in the ozhonda black book?

I dont see their posts being deleted after i report them deeming them to be offensive.

i just want justice, laws should apply to everyone. Not to certain members to be picked on as soon as they slip up.

also i'd like an update on my infraction for multiple accounts.

wynode
18-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Take it easy mate. Not all of us are online every day. As I stated before I said your issue was being looked into and the infraction has been reversed.

As for your other infraction I see no such record of it. Please stop posting up every single time you get an infraction.

For all i know that could have got me banned for another month and i would have no way to contact you guys to plead my innocence. Bit unfair i think.

There is the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page however I will not investigate any issues where the infraction was deserved.

dc2dc2dc2
19-05-2009, 12:28 PM
im not posting everytime i get infracted
i clearly posted because i was wrongly infracted and now it has been reversed.

so thanks for that.

also the racist one. i have record of. i shall post for u later mr win.

like i said, everyone should be treated fairly not certain members singled out.

bennjamin
20-05-2009, 04:42 AM
bump this back up.

so from my understanding.

if a user provides info regarding a offense ,and with research it checks out then the user in question is infracted. If this is deemed not true then the user in question is welcome to bring it up with a moderator.

dc2dc2dc2
27-05-2009, 05:51 PM
so no appologies for jumping to conclusions from moderators?

the real reason im bumping this up is.

my total infractions is 20

but it says i have 22?

please explain is there gst added to infraction now days?

chunky
27-05-2009, 07:04 PM
theres a 10&#37; whiney f@ggot tax

aaronng
27-05-2009, 07:22 PM
so no appologies for jumping to conclusions from moderators?

the real reason im bumping this up is.

my total infractions is 20

but it says i have 22?

please explain is there gst added to infraction now days?

Please tell me that you knocked your head on the bed frame this morning and that you acting like that is only a once off..................
Look on the 2nd page of your infractions. There is a 2 point one there that you missed. :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Go and do other things. Don't look at Ozhonda until tomorrow. Try not to knock your head on the bed frame tomorrow morning (if you did today).

krogoth
27-05-2009, 09:12 PM
theres a 10&#37; whiney f@ggot tax

ROFL

AHAHAAAAGAAAAAHAHAAHA ****ING RAPED

OMFG LOL

EPIC, OMG NEW SIG, lolllllllllll

that was as epic as mcownd, rofl

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 02:30 PM
wow chunky posts pure bs to my serious question

and he does not get infracted?

I heart the SSS
28-05-2009, 02:31 PM
wow chunky posts pure bs to my serious question

and he does not get infracted?

he's like 16, that's why

relax srs ****

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 02:31 PM
and aaron please refrain from calling me an idiot and making stupid remarks

us peasants cannot see page 2?

only shows latest? still can't see the 2 points

but thanks for ur real mature answer.

SiReal
28-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Maybe instead of staying Ozhonda (i too have some slight grievances but I won't let it get to me),

go look at news sites, share trading sites, go out for a walk, take up a new hobby, etc.

There is no joy in creating animosity amongst people, and in your case, against Ozhonda with the same old arguments you have been spouting since you quit being a mod nearly 2 years ago.

Seriously Tai, don't waste anymore of your time here. And evenly for the mods, they won't be wasting anymore of their time on you, because to anyone, all that is being done is pointless shit stirring, with no real output and no real goal.

I heart the SSS
28-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Listen to the above man, he should charge for what comes out of my mou-wait I mean fingers

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 02:55 PM
but im not shit stirring sireal

its a legit question as to why i had 2 extra infractions, i was not stirring shit
just curious where it came from.

look at the sort of response i get from aaron.

real mature.

SiReal
28-05-2009, 02:59 PM
You're a good man Justin,

Fair enough Tai, but also you must understand from their perspective time after time, they have to continually deal with the same arguments from you, with no outcome.

People have problems TO solve, the problems you present never seem to be solved and always seem trivial.

Its an infraction, big deal. Does OH run your life? No. YOU run your life, not OH. If YOUR priority is sticking in the site discussion and constantly generating trivial issues, then I dont know what else to say. But like most other people, I just ignore it, move on and go do something else with my time (which is more valuable than arguing about 2 points).

Its all about priorities and perspective.

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 03:08 PM
HELLO

u have not met me, spoken to me or know who i really am

so dont go judging my character online, much like a moderator who saw me out in the city on a saturday night asked me why i was out and not online trolling forums.

thanks

Q_ball
28-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Stop spamming or the offenders will receive a straight out wk off.

Tai, you're increasing everyone's frustration because you keep bringing up issues that are not deemed as important - as Jeff has pointed out, trivial.
You may want to just "build a bridge and get over it" as it seems that Aaron has said what he needs to say, and no other mods/admin have any objection to this.

Move along.

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 03:36 PM
the last 2 issues are clearly not trivial

#1 u wrongly infracted me, i brought it up and look what happend it got reversed.

#2 aaron calling me an idiot, when us normal members cannot see older infractions. all i see is what is on my screen.

all i wanted was an answer not to be talked down to like a peasant.

SiReal
28-05-2009, 03:46 PM
HELLO

u have not met me, spoken to me or know who i really am

so dont go judging my character online, much like a moderator who saw me out in the city on a saturday night asked me why i was out and not online trolling forums.

thanks

True, and as such read my post and scrutinise my words - "If". If you want to argue about grammar and avoid the bigger picture, then there is nothing of worth to argue.

Mods have better things to do in their time than to concentrate 50&#37; of their efforts on one member. And as such, I'm leaving this page because this does not deserve anymore of my time.

Edit: Don't forget these words, you will reap what you sow. In the same way, you will be judged accordingly by your online actions, as they were to be real life. If you want to act like a child, then expect to be treated like a child.

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 04:05 PM
i better tell lucas that as well

thanks.

mrwillz
28-05-2009, 05:41 PM
You may want to just "build a bridge and get over it"
Move along.

go look at news sites, share trading sites, go out for a walk, take up a new hobby, etc.

Seriously Tai, don't waste anymore of your time here.

Take this advice n get a life. Superman that ho.fo.5ho . Go ondergrounds and have some fun.

Or go buy a ef8 SiR (dont forget the Glass roof)

Bludger
28-05-2009, 05:46 PM
rofl

see you in a week willzy:p

aaronng
28-05-2009, 06:10 PM
but im not shit stirring sireal

its a legit question as to why i had 2 extra infractions, i was not stirring shit
just curious where it came from.

look at the sort of response i get from aaron.

real mature.

Stop being a hypocrite. Don't dish it out if you can't cop your fair share.

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 06:12 PM
so did u hit ur head on the bed today?

or did u forget that us normal members cannot see 2nd page of infractions

i think u better hit ur head again so ur brain thinks straight

aaronng
28-05-2009, 07:11 PM

If you can't see the 2nd page, then I apologise. Let me hit my head so that it starts working again. :thumbsup:

wynode
30-05-2009, 12:07 AM

Grow up mate. You're quick to accuse and criticize others but cannot take anything directed at you. If you still have a problem PM me or make another thread. This isn't the place for it.

chunky
30-05-2009, 12:11 AM
hey boss
is there something wrong with the censoring thing on OH
like i can say shit and dick and it doesnt get censored

bennjamin
14-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Guys - while dc2x3 maybe deemed habitual at what he does - his basic point is correct about a infraction received , where it was overlooked for others. I have removed/reversed the infraction received.

Now other discussions or topics please keep out of this thread.

spastic
31-07-2009, 09:04 AM
hi mr tai is banned again.

cut n paste from his email

can u tell wynode to open his eyes for accusing him of 'spamming the blog'

if u open ur eyes wyn. u can see that krogoth started the spam i was simply replying to his replies.

and who said there is such a limit on a blog? after all it is a persoanl blog, i can blog when i feel like expressing anything. ie like twitter thats what u wanted it to be?

and talking about p0rn and getting 10 point infraction? seriously open ur eyes wyn look in asian girls thread, people talking about sticking it up their bum etc I DONT SEE SHIT BEING DONE THERE. NO IMAGES WERE POSTED OR LINKS. IT WAS SIMPLY WORDS.

OZHONDA = BULLSHIT

wait wait

WYNODE = BULLSHIT

learn the rules of ur own forum.

kazam
31-07-2009, 09:14 AM
cracker got previously banned for writing somthing 'sexual' in his blog aswell....

wynode
31-07-2009, 09:40 AM
hi mr tai is banned again.

cut n paste from his email

can u tell wynode to open his eyes for accusing him of 'spamming the blog'

if u open ur eyes wyn. u can see that krogoth started the spam i was simply replying to his replies.

and who said there is such a limit on a blog? after all it is a persoanl blog, i can blog when i feel like expressing anything. ie like twitter thats what u wanted it to be?

and talking about p0rn and getting 10 point infraction? seriously open ur eyes wyn look in asian girls thread, people talking about sticking it up their bum etc I DONT SEE SHIT BEING DONE THERE. NO IMAGES WERE POSTED OR LINKS. IT WAS SIMPLY WORDS.

OZHONDA = BULLSHIT

wait wait

WYNODE = BULLSHIT

learn the rules of ur own forum.

If that is the case why is he so upset and why does he keep coming back?

You can tell tai that Ozhonda is not a site for him to take the piss out of. We are cracking down on not only his spam but everyone elses. Posting pornographic content in a public place (such as the blogs) will not be tolerated. Furthermore promoting spam outside the spam thread (Iv'e seen the posts) will not be tolerated either. We've said it before that we're cracking down and that's exactly what we're doing.

Tai is good at making unfounded allegations at the moderators but he can never justify or prove his comments. We will not tolerate his comments anymore and if he can't play by our rules then he can find another forum to spend his time on. He has 4 pages of infractions so it's not like he doesn't he is doing something wrong.

If he can't behave in an acceptable manner on the forums then he can stay out as we do not want his immature attitude here.

I've been discussing with the other moderators the infractions system and it's actually too leniant as it is. We'll be changing the points allocatiion and ban periods shortly as a result so stay tuned.

spastic
31-07-2009, 09:58 AM
tai says:

so what happend to krogoth? who said there is a limit on the amount of blogging i can do?
i was replying to krogoths comments.

i can justify it

u and tngcla

u encouraged him to sell his camera gear online and tricked him.

u said to him 'how much for the gear' ON THE FORUM not on pm.

did u infract urself for breaking the rules of ur own forum.

krogoth
31-07-2009, 10:05 AM
lol win

it was hardly spam?

i made one or two posts in a few of his different blog topics

he replied less than i did

and neither one of us linked any sexual material or otherwise

was just a few jokes...if he copped infractions for that..then i dont really think its fair

wynode
31-07-2009, 10:10 AM
And what does his banning have to do with that? Absolutely NOTHING. At the end of the day he is good at pointing fingers at others but is not at all accountable for his actions.

For the record, I replied to tangcla's post. Another moderator however took action by deleting the post and infracting tangcla before I even realised what I did.

This is what I mean about Tai's false accusations and speculation about me 'tricking' tangcla. Grow up mate.

Anyway...this will go on forever as all Tai can do is complain. You can tell Tai that the case is closed, he can winge somewhere else. I have more important things to deal with than his immaturity.

kazam
31-07-2009, 10:12 AM
yeh he got a 10pointer.

wyn, the forum was a better when u browsed it less.

spastic
31-07-2009, 10:43 AM
tai:

ok all good

wyn will not be happy till i am perm banned

and threatening me if i mass blog again be prepared for a perm ban

fyi i reported u to benjamin.

like i said. once wyn starts browsing hot chicks or asian girls thread

watch half of ozhonda get banned. 'pornographic' and 'offensive' behaviour in that thread.

spastic
31-07-2009, 10:50 AM
tai:

actually i take that back no one will be banned

wyn is simply head hunting and targeting me.

1 slip up and its a 10pointer

aaronng
31-07-2009, 11:08 AM
cracker got previously banned for writing somthing 'sexual' in his blog aswell....

cracker got banned because he accumulated too many infraction points.

We don't ban if you do something wrong. We give infraction points. If the infraction points exceeds the predetermined limit, the system gives you a 7/30 day ban.

aaronng
31-07-2009, 11:10 AM
tai says:

so what happend to krogoth? who said there is a limit on the amount of blogging i can do?
i was replying to krogoths comments.

i can justify it

u and tngcla

u encouraged him to sell his camera gear online and tricked him.

u said to him 'how much for the gear' ON THE FORUM not on pm.

did u infract urself for breaking the rules of ur own forum.
Before Wynode asked "how much", tangcla posted the following:

Is anyone interested in some Falconeyes lightstands? Comes with swivel umbrella head, spigots, white shoot-through and silver reflective umbrella. I have two of these.

And guess who reported the post?

sorry for being a prick.

but i thought selling of other stuff rather than honda was not permitted.
So if you want someone to blame for tangcla's infraction, dc2dc2dc2 highlighted the fact that he was advertising.

kazam
31-07-2009, 02:56 PM
cracker got banned because he accumulated too many infraction points.

We don't ban if you do something wrong. We give infraction points. If the infraction points exceeds the predetermined limit, the system gives you a 7/30 day ban.

previously one of his bans was because he received a 10point infraction thus resulting in an accumilation of 30 infraction points

aaronng
31-07-2009, 03:51 PM
previously one of his bans was because he received a 10point infraction thus resulting in an accumilation of 30 infraction points

We have reviewed that 10 point infraction and now mods have to use the pre-set infraction options and not enter their own number of points. Also, that was in mid-2008. Don't harp on it for too long. :)

JasonGilholme
31-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't do anything wrong and i don't get infractions lol.

If you follow the ruls, you have no reason to complain.

my 2cents (don't infract me for spam lol)

kazam
31-07-2009, 04:55 PM
We have reviewed that 10 point infraction and now mods have to use the pre-set infraction options and not enter their own number of points. Also, that was in mid-2008. Don't harp on it for too long. :)

wtf, the blog system wasn't even around in mid 2008 what are u on about lol

aaronng
31-07-2009, 05:00 PM
wtf, the blog system wasn't even around in mid 2008 what are u on about lol

Aren't you talking about Cracker?

kazam
31-07-2009, 05:07 PM
yeh lol he got banned for a blog entry

aaronng
31-07-2009, 05:16 PM
yeh lol he got banned for a blog entry

No he didn't get banned for a blog entry. He got 5 points for posting sexually explicit blog entry. The 5 points in addition to his numerous spamming and abuse of the report post button gave him enough points for the system to give him a ban.

I don't see 10 points. The only 10 points that he got was in 2008.

wynode
02-08-2009, 08:53 PM
A quick (major) update.

We've decided to update the infraction points system including the following.

points value for various infractions
infraction expiration period
Automatic ban period and ban criteria (you can now be banned for receiving 'x' infractions, as opposed to 'x' infraction points)

Reason for this is because we had users who would continually receive infractions and never get a ban (when in really they should have been banned). The previous rules were too lenient.

This shouldn't affect the majority of users however the net result is that it is a bit easier to get banned now. We're working on dealing people who try to discredit this forum and believe this should send the message across that we are serious about improving things around here.

Changes are in the first post (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59373) and effective IMMEDIATELY.

krogoth
02-08-2009, 09:10 PM
so now mods will go at their own discretion and change the number of infractions and their expiry period?

isnt it possible that a mod may be lenient on friends and harsh on members that he/she dislikes?

isnt that way too open to bias??

you should have left it as it was...........evry offence has a certain number of points and expiry dates.....that was already too open to interpretation and now you have made it worse??

correct me if im wrong......maybe im being too short sighted?

or do u mean that the previous specified punishments were insufficient and you have made them more harsh across the board?

but what motivated you to change these rules? every trouble maker/perceived trouble maker gets banned and time away from the site with the old rules.

trism
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM
so now mods will go at their own discretion and change the number of infractions and their expiry period?

where did you get this from?

correct me if im wrong......maybe im being too short sighted?

or do u mean that the previous specified punishments were insufficient and you have made them more harsh across the board?

this

krogoth
02-08-2009, 09:20 PM
dunno, it wasnt clear to me

thats y i added the 2nd part, lol

anyway, if thats the case, than i guess its fine, tho prob not necessary..

geeang
02-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm all for it! If you're on Ozhonda, how hard can it possibly be to simply know what the rules are and not break them?

I've been on here for over a year and never received an infraction. Why? Because I read all of the rules and make sure I keep myself in line, it's not exactly a hard thing to do.

I think making the infraction system harsher is a great idea :D

joyride
03-08-2009, 12:28 AM
isnt it possible that a mod may be lenient on friends and harsh on members that he/she dislikes?
isnt that way too open to bias??

but what motivated you to change these rules? every trouble maker/perceived trouble maker gets banned and time away from the site with the old rules.
1st paragraph: it is possible, but isnt that very similar to what the police do? the moderating team has been chosen because they are fair individuals. none of us are "out" to get certain members nor is there any favouritism.

2nd paragraph: the police/govt laws change constantly dont they? its the same here. the moderating team have to keep up with issues that fall through the cracks so rules have to change also.
have a look at JDMST banner for example. they are "rediscovering their roots" because "things are changing". same same, no different.

Lukey
03-08-2009, 05:12 AM
ok im trying for my very small brain to get around the changes.

so, if i get a certain amount of infractions i can be banned also? and can you be banned for less than the 20 piont limit aswell?

joyride
03-08-2009, 08:29 AM
ok im trying for my very small brain to get around the changes.

so, if i get a certain amount of infractions i can be banned also? and can you be banned for less than the 20 piont limit aswell?
if you accumulate 10 points you get a 3 day ban. 20 points = 7 day ban and so on.

you can get banned before you accumulate 10 points but only in certain circumstances.

wynode
03-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I think making the infraction system harsher is a great idea :D

Cheers for that!

Just to clarify, although the minimum points is 10 to receive a (3 day) ban we have also reduced the points assigned to various infractions in order to even things out.

The only other significant addition is that you can now receive an automatic ban by having 'x' infractions (as opposed to infraction points).

ninzee
03-08-2009, 02:51 PM
ohh ok now i get it so you can have 5 infractions for example and they may only be worth 5-8 infraction points but because you have 5 different infractions you will be banned for 'x' amount of days... not saying in anyway that 5 infractions will get you banned lol

yourfather
03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
i got a 12 month 'infraction' before they introduced this 12 months infraction bs.

beat that newbs!

Lukey
04-08-2009, 02:44 AM
i got a 12 month 'infraction' before they introduced this 12 months infraction bs.

beat that newbs!

im sitting on 18 points and have 2 infractions that expire after 18 months

yourfather
04-08-2009, 10:10 AM
i have 20 points right now so nerrr

tinkerbell
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
but what motivated you to change these rules?

reduce work i guess?

i dont think mods get paid to moderate other peoples useless craptistic postography, do they?

spastic
04-08-2009, 01:32 PM
woudl be pretty pwned if a poor dude is on 20 points and then next thing knows his perm banned.

Question: are infraction points going to restart?

trism
04-08-2009, 02:44 PM
imo its all too complicated, having different amounts for different things. too much work load.

another forum im on has a very simple way of warning/infracting people.

you start with 0&#37; warning. do something stupid, you get 1 warn point, worth 20% get another 3, youre on 80%. get one more, 100% warn, automatically bans you for a week. after the week you come back, still with 100% warning, muck around again, get another warning, instaban for a month. do it again, say good bye for 12 months.

the warning points expire after 6 motnths

yourfather
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
reduce work i guess?

i dont think mods get paid to moderate other peoples useless craptistic postography, do they?

i get points for abuse of the PQ system. hardly ever for craptastic postography

tinkerbell
04-08-2009, 02:53 PM
a good postographer is not restrained by simple typing...

wynode
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM
imo its all too complicated, having different amounts for different things. too much work load.

another forum im on has a very simple way of warning/infracting people.

you start with 0% warning. do something stupid, you get 1 warn point, worth 20% get another 3, youre on 80%. get one more, 100% warn, automatically bans you for a week. after the week you come back, still with 100% warning, muck around again, get another warning, instaban for a month. do it again, say good bye for 12 months.

the warning points expire after 6 motnths

It's pretty much the same as the system here...except that different 'stupid things' have different weightings.

Question: are infraction points going to restart?

No.

reduce work i guess?

Nope. Reason the system was redone was because consistent trouble makers were coming back and causing trouble. In reality they should have been banned much earlier and hence the change.

i get points for abuse of the PQ system. hardly ever for craptastic postography

Luc, you get infractions for making the same mistake over and over again.

Anyways point system is as is. So if you have a genuine question then post back. If however all you want to do is whine I will close this thread.

tinkerbell
04-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Nope. Reason the system was redone was because consistent trouble makers were coming back and causing trouble.

BAN DURATION: never lift ban solves this one? :confused:

AsH_
05-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Is there a time duratuon for bans?

spastic
05-08-2009, 09:00 AM
perm bans all round courtesy of winode

will13
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
signature violation looks to be a bit harsh?

aaronng
05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
perm bans all round courtesy of winode

You are asking for all members to get permanent bans now?. We are not even thinking of that. Looks like the person trying to make life difficult for the other members are not the mod team, but yourself?

spastic
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
1 month vs perm is not much

25 vs 30 points

like i said some poor guy on 28 cops 2 points for a tiny bit of spam = lifetime ban?

tinkerbell
05-08-2009, 01:48 PM
the less spammers the better IMO...

Q_ball
05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
That "poor guy" shouldnt be on 28 infraction points to begin with.

tinkerbell
05-08-2009, 01:55 PM
like pleading to a cop:

i know i have already lost 11 points off my licence, but please dont take my last point, i was only doing 5km/h over the limit...

spastic
05-08-2009, 01:58 PM
but the poor guy might be targeted.

like wynode says he looks out for other memebers in comparison to others.

Q_ball
05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Being a "target" as you put it, is self inflicted.

If this poor guy stops being a dud, then us moderators can do nothing to infract him as he's following the rules!

tinkerbell
05-08-2009, 02:04 PM
but the poor guy might be targeted.

like wynode says he looks out for other memebers in comparison to others.

ohnoes!!!

just like the police look out for dangerous drivers?!?!? :wave:

the police are protecting the rest of the community, just like moderators...

if you don't like the rules, you are free to leave or not post!

spastic
05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Being a "target" as you put it, is self inflicted.

If this poor guy stops being a dud, then us moderators can do nothing to infract him as he's following the rules!

but haven't u seen qball? certain members get infracted for posts where as others are simply ignored.

aaronng
05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
but haven't u seen qball? certain members get infracted for posts where as others are simply ignored.
How many members are there on this forum? How many mods are there? Mods cannot view every post. If you commit an offence, you might or might not be infracted. If you don't commit an offence you will not be infracted. So don't do anything bad. Simple.

spastic
05-08-2009, 04:30 PM
in perspective, its just like how coppers target hot modded up cars to pull over / fine, they crack in your numberplate and if your a past offender, they will pull u over for a "Random" BT, ... on ozhonda you are more likely to get infracted for something if you have previously been in trouble with the mods.... this just links up with wynodes attempts to have ozhonda resemble the real world....