PDA

View Full Version : No Boot Lining for 06' Civic Vti???

SupremeKK
19-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I called my dealer to confirm the thing, and they told me mine is not one of those they recalled claiming that only Sports Model are recalled, or possibly Vti-L... what the hack???

how come???????????????????

that's just unfair????

honest muz
19-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Dear Supreme,

I'm waiting in the driveway for my 2007 Vti and expecting it to have the boot lid liner. Did Honda recall on the soft-furnishings of the boot?

Shimian
19-01-2007, 04:32 PM
The recall is only for VTI-L and Sport model. I got my hinges done for $30 parts and $50 labor because the free boot lining doesnt come with the hinge covers. Im not sure if you can buy the boot lining since it wont be free for you. Im guessing if you could, itll probably be $80 for the boot lining.

SupremeKK
19-01-2007, 04:33 PM
not sure...i guess they have it on 2007 models...

but i'm not sure whether i can get my 06 model upgraded for boot lining...damn honda dealer..

dyljoy
19-01-2007, 04:33 PM
as i known, all 07 model will come with boot lining, sad to all 06 vti or vtil, but pay extra 100 bucks to get boot lining and hinge part isn't a bad deal, and compare with 07 model should pay more than 500 bucks which according to the retail price.

SupremeKK
19-01-2007, 04:34 PM
oh.. thank you for the information....

dyljoy
19-01-2007, 04:35 PM
u are welcome, buddy

Denchy
19-01-2007, 04:41 PM
WTF you dont get a lining? for the money you pay for honda's these days you would think you should of got something!

rivergod
19-01-2007, 06:04 PM
reduces weight.

Shimian
19-01-2007, 06:19 PM
as i known, all 07 model will come with boot lining, sad to all 06 vti or vtil, but pay extra 100 bucks to get boot lining and hinge part isn't a bad deal, and compare with 07 model should pay more than 500 bucks which according to the retail price.

VTI-L gets it, just not VTIs

panda[cRx]
19-01-2007, 06:37 PM
where were you when this thread was on page1?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58433

SupremeKK
19-01-2007, 06:47 PM
damn honda, their marketing director must have been crazy to do things like that, sastifying some customers and disgust the rest of them... what's the good?

Not to mention the shit build quality... i'm so pissed!!!!!!#@!#@!31

panda[cRx]
19-01-2007, 07:23 PM
lol u get the base model and expect the world

f*cken honda owners shit me sometimes

SupremeKK
19-01-2007, 07:48 PM
that was not expecting the world, please do not get personal on this.

ignorant ppl does geniunely disgust me sometimes, much like you.

SupremeKK
19-01-2007, 07:55 PM
;1039456']where were you when this thread was on page1?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58433

was buying a 06 Lengend, but switched to civic at last, u know... shit build quality.

Bob san
19-01-2007, 08:37 PM
im sure u can live without the boot lining. besides without it it looks more hardcore (looks like u've reduced the weight of the car) lol.

and why are you complaining about the build quality? for a car that is less then 26g the civic provides great quality. compare it to other cars in its class (ie corolla) and you won't be complaining.

dyljoy
19-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Total agree with u, bob san, this is reason why VTI won the best car under 28k of 2006

SupremeKK
20-01-2007, 06:59 AM
em.. haha..never driven other cars for long enough to discover their problem... :P

mazda 3 owners always brag about their JDM, and build quality... telling me that civic is shit.....annoying..

chylld
20-01-2007, 08:00 AM
what kinda build quality problems are you having? i've had a few problems with my car but also have found a few workarounds, if you post what your problems are it'll be easier for us to help :)

Shimian
20-01-2007, 10:37 AM
im sure u can live without the boot lining. besides without it it looks more hardcore (looks like u've reduced the weight of the car) lol.

I cant live without it after getting it installed especially with the hinges. :)

SupremeKK
20-01-2007, 05:33 PM
what kinda build quality problems are you having? i've had a few problems with my car but also have found a few workarounds, if you post what your problems are it'll be easier for us to help :)

1. the drivers side window does not function properly when put into auto. [it shuts and then lower down again... like it hits someone's finger and recoil a bit... quite annoying... cannot use auto mode.. quite annoying..]

- occurs after 6 months

2. steering is a bit heavy, when you steer in a halt you can hear the weird sound from the engine bay (not tyre noise), and u can see rpm gone up a bit every time u steer which i dont see on other cars.

- problem comes with it

3. fuel consumption can be kinda okay if i try not to exceed 2000rpm (8.7L/100km), but with normal driving returns a 11L/100km or 10.8L etc. which is again, quite annoying.

4. driver door hard to shut, need a bit of extra effort compared to other doors.

5. dash overheated when headlight's on, i know it's common to all FD civics...

6. lastly, the paint is a bit weak... view under the sun, u can see it 's not that perfect after all.. .may be it's only my car....

Shimian
20-01-2007, 05:42 PM
1. I had that problem and took it to Honda and they fixed it for me. They told me its something to do with some connection gone faulty. Easily fixed when i took it to my 1000km service.

2. i dont have this problem.

3. I get about 10l/100km on average. Whatever the specs say for the car, you can safely add 2 litres per 100 more to get the real reading.

4. I dont have this problem. All my doors are equal

5. Never looked

6. I dont have this problem. Usually after i wash my car, the car looks blindingly shiny. The paint looks perfect.

With problems 2, 4, 5, just take it to the dealer and they will sort it out.

chylld
20-01-2007, 05:43 PM
1. have honda look at this one, they should be able to fix it
2. steering probably feels a bit heavy because the steering wheel is smaller than on a lot of other cars so there isn't as much leverage, i wouldn't worry about the sound but again just ask honda to have a look at it
3. for a 1.8 that does seem like a lot of fuel.. have you had an oil change yet? (although my oil change didn't help my fc at all)
4. you can screw the black rubber stopper things clockwise a bit which will cause them to recede into the door, turn them enough so that your door closes fine
5. yeh mine gets hot, but i wouldn't call it overheating...
6. depending on how bad it is, have honda fix it

SupremeKK
20-01-2007, 08:29 PM
thanks guys... would have honda fix all these problem for next service...

overall its fine... :P

aimre
20-01-2007, 11:26 PM
what the point of lining. My EG VTi (remember, it was best of the best in its time) doesnt have it. I can live plenty fine without it, never bothered me, infact i didnt even think about it ever until now.

rhk
21-01-2007, 05:21 PM
2. steering is a bit heavy, when you steer in a halt you can hear the weird sound from the engine bay (not tyre noise), and u can see rpm gone up a bit every time u steer which i dont see on other cars.

- problem comes with it

the drop in rpm is your power steering i think?

btw question:

if you were getting an 06 legend, why not get a 8th gen sports rather than a vti?

SupremeKK
21-01-2007, 05:52 PM
i was just joking on the legend... lol.. if i were to spend money on sports i would rather buy something else.. like type R (2nd hand)

dyljoy
21-01-2007, 07:48 PM
i was just joking on the legend... lol.. if i were to spend money on sports i would rather buy something else.. like type R (2nd hand)

ya, totally agree!:D

honest muz
24-01-2007, 09:36 AM
1. the drivers side window does not function properly when put into auto. [it shuts and then lower down again... like it hits someone's finger and recoil a bit... quite annoying... cannot use auto mode.. quite annoying..]

- occurs after 6 months

- problem comes with it

3. fuel consumption can be kinda okay if i try not to exceed 2000rpm (8.7L/100km), but with normal driving returns a 11L/100km or 10.8L etc. which is again, quite annoying.

4. driver door hard to shut, need a bit of extra effort compared to other doors.

5. dash overheated when headlight's on, i know it's common to all FD civics...

6. lastly, the paint is a bit weak... view under the sun, u can see it 's not that perfect after all.. .may be it's only my car....
Hey Man,

These are not big deals! I wanna live in your world.
In my world, I'm trading a Land Rover Freelander on the Civic. I'm an outdoors-man going....civic.
Try buying a new window winder at warranty + 1 day ($900), new short motor at 100,000km ($7500), a diff at 120,000 ($1,600).
The penny dropped when a fuel pump (placed conveniently IN the fuel tank, $1,060).

rock-n-roll my brother!

honest muz
25-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Just picked up the 2007 Vti in Sparkle Grey and boot liner is in place and attenuating nicely!

BTW, you should see the look of that beautifully round turret, set off by.....roof racks. Not cool. Not the hot setup for aesthetics.

But functional right!

SupremeKK
25-01-2007, 08:24 PM
congratulations... sad that we don't have the lining... but anyway.. keep the weight down... :P