PDA

View Full Version : "Check Systen" Warning

TypeG
19-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Today while I was ready to stop at the red light, the warning display suddenly showed "Check System" and the battery and engine oil warning lights come up. After that, I turn the key again and the car went like normal.
Anyone got this problem before?

yfin
19-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Today while I was ready to stop at the red light, the warning display suddenly showed "Check System" and the battery and engine oil warning lights come up. After that, I turn the key again and the car went like normal.
Anyone got this problem before?

Sounds like the engine simply stalled - what were the circumstances - ie what gear, what speed was the car travelling, clutch in or out? It could be you stalled it by accident. I have done it recently a few times from stationery as I am getting used to the clutch again (haven't driven it in 12 months).

TypeG
19-01-2007, 10:49 PM
i really cant remember as my reaction is pretty quick since there is lots of car behind. I am doing engine brake... but will stall show "Check SYstem" as i hardly stall my car =)

yfin
20-01-2007, 07:01 AM
i really cant remember as my reaction is pretty quick since there is lots of car behind. I am doing engine brake... but will stall show "Check SYstem" as i hardly stall my car =)

The malfunction symbols will all come up if you stall. The lights on the dash will look similar as if you have just turned the ignition key before starting the engine.

Where is "check system" shown - was it a symbol or was that written on the dash. I have never seen words written on the dash for 03-05 models. Perhaps that is an 06 model thing with the multifunction dash (not sure what model you have).

aaronng
20-01-2007, 09:40 AM
His is an 06 I think. What I can suggest is to bring it to your dealer, tell them exactly what happened, and you got the check system message. They should do a checkup for you for no charge under warranty.

BTW, quick call your dealer to book it in so they know that you called them as soon as it happened.

If it was me, I'd pull the ECU code to find out what's wrong. Hehe. But that's because I have a reader.

euro77
20-01-2007, 09:43 AM
His is an 06 I think. What I can suggest is to bring it to your dealer, tell them exactly what happened, and you got the check system message. They should do a checkup for you for no charge under warranty.

BTW, quick call your dealer to book it in so they know that you called them as soon as it happened.

Agree, these warnings/errors are logged and the dealer can view it. But the problem is they usually just reset it LOL

If it was me, I'd pull the ECU code to find out what's wrong. Hehe. But that's because I have a reader.

Yeah, but the reader doesn't work in my car LOL

TypeG
20-01-2007, 10:30 AM
the check system warning is on the dash which 03-05 may not have it as mine is 06...... hm...... not sure...

Euro76
20-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I have only encountered "Check System" when my Euro stalled once.

Tobster
22-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Have you still disconnected your seat airbags (as mentioned in another thread)?

"Check system" was prominently displayed after my airbags had gone off in an accident.

The sensors are probably reading that something isn't right somewhere as the whole braking, traction and airbag system seems to talk to itself constantly...

TypeG
22-01-2007, 11:09 AM
no i find out that it was just stall as i tried to stall the car the other night and it also displayed the same warning...... maybe I havent done the engine brake properly =)
Thx anyway guys

tony1234
22-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Go to dealer.depending on time of day,work load etc.they can check it while you wait.