PDA

View Full Version : 06 Civic driving position - Your thoughts.

MKI4EVA
20-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on how you find the driving position of the 06 civics?

What I mean by that, is your driving position in relation to how/what your able to see whilst on the road.

I find the a-pillars really impeed on what I can see of the road when cornering. Worst of all at night when your head lights obviously can't let you see through the drivers door.

http://paultan.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/civic_interior_dark.jpg

chylld
20-01-2007, 07:56 AM
i think overall the driver's position is quite alright. when i was driving a hyundai getz i could see a lot of the road in front of the car whereas with an accord euro i couldn't see enough of it. with the civic it's just right, although i think it is a bit tall still.

i agree with your comment on the a-pillars - they are very annoying for some corners. there's a big roundabout that i frequently use where the a-pillar totally obstructs my view of cars coming from the road to the right.

night-time vision is also a peculiar thing - i haven't driven another car in quite a while now but i think the civic's headlights should light out to the side more - at night i often have to turn on the fog lights to make sure i don't turn into a street and hit a random animal/object :) >90 degree turns are the worst.

i'd also like more side support in the seats - don't know if it's because of the roll or the slippery leather, but i find myself (and my passengers) moving around a lot during cornering.

TurBIce
20-01-2007, 07:57 AM
that damn A pillar ( i think u call it) blocks the corner. gets a lil annoying.~ but u get use to it~

Shimian
20-01-2007, 10:06 AM
When I first got the car, i sat like a grandman (seat fairly forward) due to the big dash. I wasnt used to it. I couldnt judge anything. Few months in, you start to get a good feel and now my backrest is inline to slightly behind the seatbelt pillar. I see a lot of Civic drivers, especially women drive with their seat almost upright and quite forward. I dont blame them, it gets a while to get used to.
Regarding the A pillar, yes, its kinda useless, but ive used it a few times and it helped me. The OEM headlights i think are a bit narrow and i too use the foglights when im driving in side streets. Wouldnt mind the Legend headlights where it came go sideways :p

Nugget02
20-01-2007, 02:47 PM
i second the a pillar,, was in a crossing n i swear there was no1 till this random guy poppd out of nowhere,,, foggies do help alot in lighting the sides of the car,, all my mates told me the civ has no nose n has a cute handbrake handle ahahah! but u know,, the car kinda grows on you like it has sentimental value hehehehehe

Shimian
20-01-2007, 05:02 PM
the car kinda grows on you like it has sentimental value hehehehehe

Lol, my car is like fighting against each other in terms of value. As time goes by, my car depreciates in value. But i just keep adding stuff to it to keep the value up :p

Geezmoz
20-01-2007, 08:16 PM
The A-pillar is really an issue, I've almost collected a few pedestrians crossing the road. Lucky my missus is sitting next to be were able to warn me and I stopped in time. I swear I didn't see anyone while turning. Now when I alone, I'll lean forward to check.

chylld
20-01-2007, 10:50 PM
surprised to hear other people finding the thick a-pillar an issue as well - thought i was the only one. glad thing we have that little triangular window there :) pulling out of one of the tight carparks i frequent, i actually need that little window to see one of the high kerbs...

dannybubu
21-01-2007, 12:21 AM
nuh uh! the a-pillars are really annoying...that's the only thing that i can complain about the new civics!! can't see anything when you do hard corners!

MKI4EVA
21-01-2007, 06:05 AM
so with this in mind is it safe to conclude that the civic si coupe and the sedan typeR are not worthy of being called honda sports cars????

if we can't have them might as well start bagging them out right!

BABHAHAHhahaha. jk.

dannybubu
21-01-2007, 10:07 AM
so were definately not getting the type R or si?? that sucks!!! we can still import them yeh? :D

denot
22-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Wew... so many complaints about the A pilar... well I agree with those complaints though... lights at night as well (thats why I always turn my Fog on, will HID helps?)... but overall driving performance was good... I like the "futuristic" theme for the dashboard. But you have to use your feeling on parking though (cant see anything that the car's nose or tail might hit!!!).

dannybubu
22-01-2007, 11:17 AM
so true...so true...

xenfacta
23-01-2007, 12:03 PM
... But you have to use your feeling on parking though (cant see anything that the car's nose or tail might hit!!!).

its a pain in the ass

vupham
23-01-2007, 01:51 PM
I dont really like the electronic speed meter, its like from a toyota echo but a better one, i preffer the old original speed dial. Its abit hard to get use to especially when Cops in QLD always try to hide and catch u speeding.

chylld
23-01-2007, 01:54 PM
yeah i agree, when accelerating up to a speed camera i find it hard to know when to lift off the gas... speed says 51 55 58 and i lift off, next thing i know it reads 62 :O

MKI4EVA
23-01-2007, 04:49 PM
when accelerating up to a speed camera

you like living life on the speed limit that much? :)

chylld
23-01-2007, 04:54 PM
lol... i was worried that would come across wrong :D

on the way to the city for me there's a speed camera about 100m after a set of traffic lights, so accelerating away from it you're naturally wanting to get up to 60, but no more...

vupham
24-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Mate you try to live in QLD/brisbane and try not to live your life on the speed limit. They will park their speed camera behind a bin with a small sign as big as A4 paper onthe group displaying "speed camera" at 11pm on a small street just to catch you speeding.

rhk
24-01-2007, 01:39 AM
I dont really like the electronic speed meter, its like from a toyota echo but a better one, i preffer the old original speed dial. Its abit hard to get use to especially when Cops in QLD always try to hide and catch u speeding.

hell of a lot better because:

1) our speedos arent centered in the middle of the car
2) ours has a really dozy fps rate as oppose to the echo. the echo is crazy annoying in that the speed changes per km ie instead of going 51/58/ 66 etc the echo will go 51/52/51/53/51/52/53/54/55/ hell fast and its kinda irratating

lol

dannybubu
24-01-2007, 08:56 AM
never knew the echo did that...lol...how fked up