PDA

View Full Version : Dash damage

Woogler
20-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know if the dash can be replaced as a spare part above the glove box and below the passenger airbag? Any ideas of cost of part and time involved?

Cheers

euro77
20-01-2007, 04:14 PM
i'm sure it can be replaced, but i would imagine it would be pretty expensive. They need to replace it anyway when passenger's airbag is deployed.

EuroAccord13
20-01-2007, 07:16 PM
What's wrong with it? Creaking?

If it's not something you did... Replace it under warranty... :D

tony1234
20-01-2007, 09:16 PM
won;t be cheap!!!:(

Woogler
20-01-2007, 09:17 PM
My GF put her feet up on the dash while she was doing up her shoe laces the other day and gouged 2 chunks outta the dash. Quite noticable.

sodaz
21-01-2007, 06:07 AM
My GF put her feet up on the dash while she was doing up her shoe laces the other day and gouged 2 chunks outta the dash. Quite noticable.

That's not good....I'd eject her from my Euro James Bond Style if she did that haha.

yfin
21-01-2007, 08:09 AM

It might come back to normal after a few weeks. Dont rush out and buy a replacement just yet.

tony1234
21-01-2007, 09:27 AM
You should get one of those vinyl repair guys to come and look at your car and see what they can do.ask your dealer in Tamworth i'm sure they'd know someone.:(

Woogler
21-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the tips :) I am gonna call a touch up guy tomorrow and see what he can do.

Does anyone know if the dash mats for Euros cover the area below the passenger airbag and above the glove box?

22-01-2007, 09:45 AM
i havent seen a euro dash mat yet. if anyone knows where to get them post here, we might be able to get pics too

yfin
22-01-2007, 09:55 AM
i havent seen a euro dash mat yet. if anyone knows where to get them post here, we might be able to get pics too

How do the dash mats look for this car? They must have a gaping hole for the airbag. Look terrible I imagine.

EuroDude
22-01-2007, 10:59 AM
There was a complete Euro Dash on eBay for like $550, wander if that got sold.
If not, offer him $100 for the part u need.

edit.. found it: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Accord-Euro-Dashboard-Black-2003-to-2006-CrashPad_W0QQitemZ250006080983QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1 02337QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tony1234
22-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Don't put a dash mat on your car,it'd look crap.:(

Woogler
22-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Don't put a dash mat on your car,it'd look crap.:(

Have you seen one on the Euro?

I have the touch up guy checking out the damage tomrrow hopefully. He indicated he could do something to help.

tony1234
22-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Have you seen one on the Euro?

I have the touch up guy checking out the damage tomrrow hopefully. He indicated he could do something to help.
No i haven't(i don't think they even make one!).i'd be surprised if the vinyl repair guy can't fix it.Let us know how you go.

avid
22-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Ive had the dash mat since day one.I think i ordered it from Autobarn,cost about $49 .Looks fine,keeps the dash area cooler(makes the A/C more efficient),saves the vinyl drying out...a 'must have' accessory if you live in Qld and have to park your car in the sun all day.
Yea, its got a 'big cut' out for the air bag above the glove box,but you soon get used to the look of it.Its no big deal compared to the benefits the mat offers.I never found it "looked crap" to me,but i'm probably not the perfectionist some of you guys are.

Woogler
22-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Yea, its got a 'big cut' out for the air bag above the glove box,but you soon get used to the look of it.

Does it cover the large space from the top of the glove box to the bottom of the airbag?

aaronng
22-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Hope the vinyl guy is able to repair it.

Avid, to avoid the dash from drying out when parking in the sun everyday, apply 303 aerospace protectant once a month or 2 months.

EuroDude
22-01-2007, 09:24 PM
^ or simply use one of those foldable Windscreen heatshield things ftw

avid
22-01-2007, 09:58 PM
No Woogler,the dash mat does not cover the area just above the glove box.The cut out is like a big rectangular bite out of the mat .Dont think it is going to help with the problem you have.

Shoooot Aaronng,i havnt even checked the condition of the dash vinyl since i put the dash mat on exactly a year ago today.I use a sun screen cover too during the day,but you know how hot it gets in a car up here during a summers day.

aaronng
22-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah. It is bad, I also park outdoors and the sun dries the vinyl up pretty quick and turns it powdery. Also, avoid Armorall, that stuff turns the trim brownish if you don't reapply often. 303 is water-based and non-silicone, so it won't brown. Even if you don't reapply after, it doesn't start to dry out quicker like with Armorall.

yfin
22-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah. It is bad, I also park outdoors and the sun dries the vinyl up pretty quick and turns it powdery. Also, avoid Armorall, that stuff turns the trim brownish if you don't reapply often. 303 is water-based and non-silicone, so it won't brown. Even if you don't reapply after, it doesn't start to dry out quicker like with Armorall.

Hey Aaron - where is the 303 product sold? Never seen that before at the usual haunts (Supercheap, etc).

aaronng
22-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Hey Aaron - where is the 303 product sold? Never seen that before at the usual haunts (Supercheap, etc).

I've only seen it being sold at Autobarn. I use it for interior and exterior trim, all the rubber seals on the doors and boot, as well as all rubber hoses and plastics (except for the intake manifold cover) in the engine bay. I even use it on my tyre sidewall (but it doesn't last as long as tyre gel).

But don't apply it on your grill as it tends to dry spotty on painted surfaces (if it happens, just wipe off with a wet cloth).

Pumped
23-01-2007, 06:59 AM
303 Aerospace Protectant is available online at http://www.waxit.com.au got lots of other detailing equipment too :)

tony1234
23-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Ive had the dash mat since day one.I think i ordered it from Autobarn,cost about $49 .Looks fine,keeps the dash area cooler(makes the A/C more efficient),saves the vinyl drying out...a 'must have' accessory if you live in Qld and have to park your car in the sun all day.
Yea, its got a 'big cut' out for the air bag above the glove box,but you soon get used to the look of it.Its no big deal compared to the benefits the mat offers.I never found it "looked crap" to me,but i'm probably not the perfectionist some of you guys are.
Yeah,i'll admit it.I'm a perfectionist.:D

kam
23-01-2007, 08:56 AM
feet on car? aw hell no ! you shoulda broke it down on da spota nigaaaaah !

aaronng
23-01-2007, 10:12 AM
303 Aerospace Protectant is available online at http://www.waxit.com.au got lots of other detailing equipment too :)

Yeah, but waxit.com.au only sells the large bottle. Not the smaller sized one.