PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion re: Trolls...

Setanta
13-06-2004, 09:53 AM
...and other undesirables. If you go to http://www.bittah.com/forum/ , you'll notice that each user has an ignore option next to their avatar. That is, other users have the option to ignore them. This might be a nice option to have - especially given the trolling that was taking place in the 'teg forum.

This way - if you are sick of the rubbish someone is sprouting, you ignore them and you dont ever see anything they post. User-based moderation at it's best :)

Just a thought

Cheers
Pete

vti-2
13-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Not a bad thought. I still think its better that we (Moderators) do the moderating though because i don't think the sort of crap that was posted in the Integra forum should be left to read. I'll be deleting those threads/posts shortly.

Setanta
13-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Whoops - just had to edit the title :D

Great about deleting the posts :)

'tis a good idea, but bittah.com is hand-built/coded/modified I just remembered - I'm not sure if phpBB has the option.

wynode
13-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Good suggestion Pete. Will have to look around for that mod if we are to implement it.

Setanta
13-06-2004, 10:47 PM
I think it's paradox on bittah that does the coding - I'm not sure, I'll see if I can find out if you like guys.

Cheers