PDA

View Full Version : 07 Civic Sport Driver window.

MKI4EVA
21-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Ok, looks like same issue is unfolding again for us with the driver side window.

It likes to play "you can't close me".........This happend with our last 06 sport as well.

not a big issue as dealers are aware of it and it's easily fixed but its disappointing and annoying.

1800km on the clock.

SupremeKK
21-01-2007, 07:05 AM
happens to all civic models 06 onwards...

i'm sure JDM civic won't have this kind of problem... japs always leave the best for their own.. sigh... i wish our civics are JDM

aaronng
21-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Does it only happen when you use the auto window up function? Or does it also happen when you hold the switch at the "up" position but not at the auto position?

Are your cars tinted?

Baopham
21-01-2007, 05:56 PM
its because the window bailey channels arent lubed properly from factory, and should only happen on the "auto" function. its like blocking the window, for instance, if a hand gets caught in while going up in "auto", the window will automatically go down. same thing here, since the channel isnt lubed properly, it causes friction and the window thinks something is blocking it. but when u use the "up" option, u will see the window slow down alot becuase it is restricted from the channel..

in most cases, we just lube up the channels for it to work properly again, and then order a new bailey channel rubber under warranty as the old one may be damaged/peirced/cracked due to the window going up it roughly and what not.

panda[cRx]
21-01-2007, 08:10 PM
VERY common problem man, honda knows about it which is why they now have a revised door glass which is thinner.
all it takes is replacement of the glass and the bailey channel and it's as good as new.

it doesn't take long but if your window has been tinted the new one will obviously need to be tinted. if you got your car tinted on delivery just get them to do it on the same day, if you got it elsewhere i guess you'd have to ask your dealer about whether warranty should cover it... i dont really see why not, after all you are a relatively new customer so they'd wanna keep you happy

destrukshn
21-01-2007, 08:13 PM
if he got it tinted himself, i reckon they should pay for the new tinting, as it was not his fault that the window gets ****ed. lol.

panda[cRx]
21-01-2007, 08:29 PM
yeah i think they would, i just don't want some random from here going into his dealer saying i told him they would cover it under warranty lol.
plus all the tinted windows we've had come back at our dealer with the problem were tinted by us (well the people we use)

MKI4EVA
21-01-2007, 09:44 PM
holly crap so it's a new piece of glass as well? wow.

Jazzle
21-01-2007, 09:51 PM
i thought mki4eva just got his car brand new this year????? and the 'new thin' windows aren't installed in his car?

and i was having a thought that all these building problems with the civic may not be really problems with just thailand made cars... no one here has owned a jdm civic so we dont know if they're having the same problems with their cars.. apparently 8th gen civic owners from malaysia and singapore (think singapore civics are jdm??) also get lotta building issue problems

SupremeKK
22-01-2007, 06:09 AM
new glass again? this time covers all models or sports only???

hope mine gets changed.

gerard
22-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Any one wih '07 civics having this issue?

MKI4EVA
22-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Yups ours is 07 sports.........problem detected on Sat at car wash......got just over 1900km on car.

It's not a big issue if you fix it straight away but if you leave it it becomes very annoying.

problem will be fixed on thursday.

i thought mki4eva just got his car brand new this year????? and the 'new thin' windows aren't installed in his car?

and i was having a thought that all these building problems with the civic may not be really problems with just thailand made cars... no one here has owned a jdm civic so we dont know if they're having the same problems with their cars.. apparently 8th gen civic owners from malaysia and singapore (think singapore civics are jdm??) also get lotta building issue problems

denot
22-01-2007, 10:44 AM
strange... i never got this prob with my '06 Sports...

Brescia
22-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Might add, its happened a couple of times with my 06 VTi

panda[cRx]
22-01-2007, 01:11 PM
yes all models and no it obviously doesnt happen to everyone

recently we've been replacing a window a day on average so yeah it is fairly common

MKI4EVA
22-01-2007, 04:04 PM
yeh i noticed that when it occures the glass pushes on the upper window frame quite alot.

I don't mind issues that are easily fixed and not re-occuring.......so far so good.

panda[cRx]
22-01-2007, 05:46 PM
well before the revised glass came out i think most dealers were just changing the run channel and regulator. we had 2 come back but the rest were fine after that *shrugs*

now with the new revised window we haven't had any come back :)

MKI4EVA
23-01-2007, 08:11 AM
your a blardy legend........heheh thanks for the info.

;1041923']well before the revised glass came out i think most dealers were just changing the run channel and regulator. we had 2 come back but the rest were fine after that *shrugs*

EuroBabee
24-01-2007, 02:03 PM
i juss got my window fixed yesterday along with many other problems, but i think i still have the same glass and if they did change it, its still the same thickness...

i hope mine doesn't stuff up again, but so far it feels like it won't, its very smooth now :D

its a shame they haven't fixed it for the 07 models even with so many 06 models coming back with this problem.

MKI4EVA
25-01-2007, 08:21 AM
what other problems?

i remember our 06 use to sometimes at idle flutter abit..........very minor and didn't affect driving.

i juss got my window fixed yesterday along with many other problems, but i think i still have the same glass and if they did change it, its still the same thickness...

i hope mine doesn't stuff up again, but so far it feels like it won't, its very smooth now :D

its a shame they haven't fixed it for the 07 models even with so many 06 models coming back with this problem.

EuroBabee
25-01-2007, 01:42 PM
hmm.. i didn't really notice fluttering... but i always have music on so i'll have a listen next time ;)

other problems;

1) cloth above the driver side door was coming out (got the car like this but didn't notice on the first day) i asked them to fix this and they ordered in a whole new piece for me so i will be getting the whole roof changed LOL

2) driver side door doesn't open or close well - door adjusted now but closing is still a problem

3) window jam

4) dash trim the silver piece underneath the digital speedo is lifting up on one side - hasn't been fixed yet will be bringing it up when i get my cloth changed

5) weathershield on the driver side door half came off for no reason, just from driving - got that stuck back on

and got a boot trim, which everyone missed out on in 06 LOL

ozR18
25-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I have not driven my car for 9 weeks now...i only managed 800kms b4 i was sent to sydney for work..
im going back to perth on the 3rd of feb and ive booked my car in for 1000kms service on monday 5th feb.What should i been lookin at forf replacements or this windown issue?..Im sorry..im quite lost...like i said i only drove the car for a week..and its been idle for 9 weeks now parked in a storage facility.

anyhelp from the honda gurus is much appreciated

MKI4EVA
25-01-2007, 09:42 PM
what are you doing for work to be sent over here if you don't mind me asking.

I have not driven my car for 9 weeks now...i only managed 800kms b4 i was sent to sydney for work..
im going back to perth on the 3rd of feb and ive booked my car in for 1000kms service on monday 5th feb.What should i been lookin at forf replacements or this windown issue?..Im sorry..im quite lost...like i said i only drove the car for a week..and its been idle for 9 weeks now parked in a storage facility.

Shimian
25-01-2007, 09:59 PM

You need to run your engine in. I think 1,000km is not enough. 1,500km is ideal to get the parts to loosen all its bits. With the window issue, youll need to test it like Homer Simpson did, window goes up, window goes down. Keep doing it and see if you have a problem. I dont know any other issues cos this was the only one that occured to me. Maybe take note of other peoples problems and investigate it before taking it in.

ozR18
28-01-2007, 09:22 PM
what are you doing for work to be sent over here if you don't mind me asking.

work training..workin at st leonards

MKI4EVA
29-01-2007, 08:15 AM
You need to run your engine in. I think 1,000km is not enough. 1,500km is ideal to get the parts to loosen all its bits. With the window issue, youll need to test it like Homer Simpson did, window goes up, window goes down. Keep doing it and see if you have a problem. I dont know any other issues cos this was the only one that occured to me. Maybe take note of other peoples problems and investigate it before taking it in.

I noticed fuel consumption was on the high side and power didn't feel strong till around 3000km.......no I wasn't lead footing it that badly.

ozR18
29-01-2007, 08:40 AM
I noticed fuel consumption was on the high side and power didn't feel strong till around 3000km.......no I wasn't lead footing it that badly.

Thats a worrying a statement!...arrghh it all leads up to tension when i get back.

Shimian
29-01-2007, 12:22 PM

Yea, its like that. My fuel economy was really crap when before the first service. Once you hit around 3000km, you will notice a better fuel economy. It didnt feel like there was any power in the car unless you had to floor it. Now, the car feels much more smoother and more power even travelling at low revs.

gerard
29-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Slightly off topic but since we are discusing running in,.. here's an article from Temple of VTEC Asia...
It compares two new civics, one a trashed press car and the other, a gently run in owner's car

http://asia.vtec.net/hardcore/Civic20S/index.html

denot
29-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Slightly off topic but since we are discusing running in,.. here's an article from Temple of VTEC Asia...
It compares two new civics, one a trashed press car and the other, a gently run in owner's car

http://asia.vtec.net/hardcore/Civic20S/index.html

AUTO is better than MANUAL???? :eek: (at the same time: woooohooooo...)

MKI4EVA
29-01-2007, 04:43 PM
AUTO is better than MANUAL???? :eek: (at the same time: woooohooooo...)

are you in syd? lets find out....:D

so does the 07 sport have the K20Z or K20A? confused.

denot
29-01-2007, 04:52 PM
are you in syd? lets find out....:D

so does the 07 sport have the K20Z or K20A? confused.

lets go!! hehehehe... hmmm i think the new one got Z... not sure though...

MKI4EVA
30-01-2007, 08:50 AM
lets go!! hehehehe... hmmm i think the new one got Z... not sure though...

From that article the K20Z should run stronger but it feels the same to me. It only gets interesting at the top of 3rd gear, pretty slow on the lower gears. We most probably got the K20A then........maybe the Z is for later in the year.

WTF didn't we get stiff suspension teewww. ;)

gerard
30-01-2007, 05:44 PM
nah, we got the K20ZZ2 its in your owners' certificate
The Americans get a K20Z3 on their Si (197 ponies)

Nugget02
31-01-2007, 04:59 PM
yep second that,, we hav the K20 Z2 in our sports,, i thought K20A was the integra DC5R engine?? hrmm,, if only we have k20 Z1's like those under the integ type s :thumbsup: hehehehe how madd would it be :p

and the auto > manual,,, holey crap mann!! sum1 shuld organise a syd fd civics cruise or sumthin,, :thumbsup:

gerard
01-02-2007, 09:02 AM
I just happy mine's a 5 spd auto..........................250km to first service and counting down.

MKI4EVA
01-02-2007, 09:28 AM
boy's you'll be happy to know the sport can pull 1:20's with a shit driver going 90%......hehehhehe

wish we got the big brakes like the euros.

Datuk
07-02-2007, 10:33 PM
my window plays up as well 06 model

Nugget02
07-02-2007, 10:45 PM
yep same here bro, jst take it to ur dealer for new window n score sum free boot lining :thumbsup:

gerard
14-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Looks like its a common problem even on Japan made civics. See Singapore thread

http://civicfdclub.free-forums.org/civicfdclub-about1834.html&highlight=

asgr8
14-02-2007, 08:35 PM
same problem in my one as well..07 model civic vti .. :( .. will be going to dealer soon ..

Jazzle
14-02-2007, 11:05 PM
yep same here bro, jst take it to ur dealer for new window n score sum free boot lining :thumbsup:

see that's wat i been thinking all the time, all the problems you guys have with the new civic may not be due to the thailand made factor.. maybe just a design problem

panda[cRx]
15-02-2007, 05:57 AM
;1041923']well before the revised glass came out i think most dealers were just changing the run channel and regulator. we had 2 come back but the rest were fine after that *shrugs*

**update**

apparently the revised window glass isn't really working as well as they would have liked so they are soon to release a revised run channel to rectify they problem. atm if you have the problem your dealer should just replace your regulator and run channel, all under warranty of course

it's a design fault, not a manufacturing fault

gerard
15-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Knock on wood mine is working well. Would hate the hassle of fixing it

MKI4EVA
16-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Knock on wood mine is working well. Would hate the hassle of fixing it

rather get it fixed during warranty than have it occur after.

unless it becomes a recall situation.

judging from ppls responses it's more than likely to occur.