PDA

View Full Version : 06 Civic Muffler

dannybubu
22-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Has anyone got an aftermarket muffler for their 06 civic? Tell me how it sounds, price and quality because i'm looking for one and i'm not sure what to get.

SiReal
22-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I dont have a civic 06, but any 'universal' muffler should do the job. You will haev to get the car to an exhaust shop who will then weld the muffler onto your existing setup. Mufflers go from cheap to probably mid $200 mark. exhaust shop probably $80 or so.

or else u could go pre-fabricated bolt on mufflers , usualyl from the bigger brands but cost wwaaaaaay more. however the install, u can do yourself. i.e. mugen.

dannybubu
22-01-2007, 02:39 PM
yeh...well i got a hypertune one...if anyone has heard of that brand before...2nd hand for $150...i think it's a reasonable price...getting it installed tomorrow :D oh yeh!!! oh i think it's a 2.25" inlet and a 4 or 4.5" outlet...

SiReal
22-01-2007, 02:54 PM
is it a coffee can? straight through? it'll probs be fairly loud and noticeable.

unless its a twin loop or one of those VIP twin tip designs where the internal piping in side the muffler is not straight through.

Shimian
03-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Looking to change the muffler on my Civic Sport 06 Auto. So far, a member recommended Magnaflow because it will not cause any performance loss. I called up a muffler shop and enquired about the magnaflow but it requires cutting and welding which i do not want. Im after a bolton muffler so i can remove it if i decide to sell the car. Can anyone recommend a bolton muffler which suits this model car. I am not after a performance increase as long as it doesnt give any loss. Only want a 2.25"-2.5" canon with a nice quiet but deep sound (like the xforce twinloop). The muffler shop recommended Remux but im not willing to fork out $1100 just for the brand name. Unless it actually is better than all the others.

*Just called around for some info and was told i could just get a muffler that connects from the flange back via bolt on. This will allow me to remove it whenever i want. So if someone could recommend a muffler suitable for my situation

As you can see, im a noob to this :D
cheers

Shimian
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Anyone have a remus muffler on a civic 06?

[ricer]
05-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Looking to change the muffler on my Civic Sport 06 Auto. So far, a member recommended Magnaflow because it will not cause any performance loss. I called up a muffler shop and enquired about the magnaflow but it requires cutting and welding which i do not want. Im after a bolton muffler so i can remove it if i decide to sell the car. Can anyone recommend a bolton muffler which suits this model car. I am not after a performance increase as long as it doesnt give any loss. Only want a 2.25"-2.5" canon with a nice quiet but deep sound (like the xforce twinloop). The muffler shop recommended Remux but im not willing to fork out $1100 just for the brand name. Unless it actually is better than all the others.

*Just called around for some info and was told i could just get a muffler that connects from the flange back via bolt on. This will allow me to remove it whenever i want. So if someone could recommend a muffler suitable for my situation

As you can see, im a noob to this :D
cheers

just get the exhaust shop to make you some new axel back piping with a new flange and that will allow you to swap mufflers around

at once stage i had 2 made up for my car and i could swap between the stock muffler, a cannon and a twinloop... after everything i went back to stock and sold the other ones

Shimian
05-02-2007, 09:32 PM
i got some info today from a muffler shop. He had a look at my car and said its easily done. Just get a muffler and they will weld a pipe to it that will bolt to the flange back. This will allow me to remove my stock and put this set up on or vice versa. Had a look around and decided to go with Remus but will cost a fair bit, $850 just for the muffler. Just wondering if anyone out there has this brand installed.