PDA

View Full Version : need help asap eg cluster

RIVAL
22-01-2007, 03:58 PM
having some trouble removing the cluster out of my eg 94 hatch i got the 2 on the black plastic and the one behind the hazard cant find the last screw. and i how much force do u need to apply when taking the plastic out?

EG5[KRT]
22-01-2007, 10:17 PM
wat about the one behind the clock ??

Boban
22-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm pretty sure there are only 3 screws holding it in, 2 behing the steering wheel up the top (which you got) and one behing either hazard or the clock (can't remember which one, been a while since i pulled mine out) and than pull the sucker out. The a/c wents in the middle should come out easy but the one on the other side is a b!tch because of the clips, just pull on it man and it'll come. Don't try to pry it with a screwdriver, i chipped mine doing that.

Good luck

RIVAL
22-01-2007, 11:23 PM
thanks for the help but i got it like 20 mins after i posted lol that end vent near the door was ****ing anoying me, and yeah was only 3 bolts i guess i was just scared of puling to hard incase it breaks. i wanna make my speeodo amber colour should i use bulbs or just put amber sleeves over them?

Boban
22-01-2007, 11:43 PM
bulbs. sleeves fade or melt (happened to me)
i tried led's when i first did mine but they kept blowing for some reason (my alarm is connected to the lights so the dash lights up as well, maybe that was it) but yeah i ended up getting indiglow dials in the end