PDA

View Full Version : 6th gen accord (98-02) headlight problem (after installed HID) !!

hitteam1
23-01-2007, 10:22 PM
after i installed the HID (low beam), and the light just going everywhere, (because my RHS headlight is aiming to the left) and i try to readjust the aiming (light path), and i managed to adjust the height of the light (up and down), but i can't adjust the horizontal, can anyone teach me how to adjust the horizontal adjustment(left or right).

Thank you

Sensei
24-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Hmmm....is yours a simple plug and play hid kit (bubls, ballast, wires) or is it a full retrofit with projectors? (you have to take your headlights apart for this)

IF it's a simple kit, which I'm guessing it is, then are the bulbs D2S or D2R bulbs? you can tell the difference if there is some cladding/cover/shield on the top and middle of the bulb (D2R). That cover/shield helps stop the beam from being thrown everywhere. The D2S bulbs have no shielding (fully naked bulb) and are designed for headlights with projectors.

If you have the D2S bulb, then you'll have to buy an aftermarket shield for the bulbs to stop the glare and get slightly better beam pattern (still won't be anywhere near as good as a lense equipped retrofit). As far as horizontal adjustment of the headlight beam, I have no idea. Might have to take a look tonight and see if there's any screw or bolt that I can tinker with. Maybe someone else can help you there.

I'd also suggest going to V6p.net
They have quite a few people with HIDs in the same type of car as you. They should be able to give you better insight.

Sensei
24-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Click here (http://www.torontoaccords.com/articles/index.php?a=hids) and scroll down to see the difference between D2S and D2R

SiReal
24-01-2007, 12:52 PM
because HID systems give off so much light, car manufactureres have had to use lenses to control where the light goes. hence they aren't using reflector headlights - which are designed for lower intensity lighting.

your healdights were never designed for HID and nor should they be used imo. it is dangerous for oncoming traffic and is illegal.

but if u must, go do a retrofit by using projector housings from cars equipped with HID (i.e. euro lux or S2K). then you should acheieve your designed path of light.

Sensei
24-01-2007, 01:16 PM
because HID systems give off so much light, car manufactureres have had to use lenses to control where the light goes. hence they aren't using reflector headlights - which are designed for lower intensity lighting.

your healdights were never designed for HID and nor should they be used imo. it is dangerous for oncoming traffic and is illegal.

but if u must, go do a retrofit by using projector housings from cars equipped with HID (i.e. euro lux or S2K). then you should acheieve your designed path of light.

+1, listen to this man^^^.
If you're gonna have HIDs in a non OEM HID equiped car then at least do a proper lense retrofit to stop glare. You can also be defected if caught and I'm not sure what insurance would say on that kinda lighting modification.