PDA

View Full Version : Headlights

ZEi20T
24-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Ive looked in the service manual, and the book that comes with the car. the instructions are great for learning how to change a globe/burner. but no where does it mention what type of globe or burner it is!

for my 03 lux, the lowbeams being HID are D2S, but what are the highbeam, and the foglights?

i want to put HID for the fog lights, and if i can find the space do the higbeams as well. i drive a lot at night and sometimes in the country so i want that added visibility. its not just for rice

thanks

TypeG
24-01-2007, 07:40 AM
high beam is H1 anf fog is H11

ZEi20T
24-01-2007, 08:09 AM
H1 awesome. that makes an HID kit easy

fog H11 might not be so easy but im sure they can

thanks!

TypeG
24-01-2007, 08:14 AM
once again
HID not = added visibility

yfin
24-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Ive looked in the service manual, and the book that comes with the car. the instructions are great for learning how to change a globe/burner. but no where does it mention what type of globe or burner it is!

for my 03 lux, the lowbeams being HID are D2S, but what are the highbeam, and the foglights?

i want to put HID for the fog lights, and if i can find the space do the higbeams as well. i drive a lot at night and sometimes in the country so i want that added visibility. its not just for rice

thanks

HID is not ideal for high beam as they take time to power up and come up to full power. Makes it hard to flick your high beams on and off for country driving so I wouldn't recommend it.

Before you change the fogs to HID - try the H9 conversion I put in the DIY section. You can even get 2900 lumen H9 globes (100w) which is well over double stock output (1350 lumens) but I am not game to increase wattage that much.

ZEi20T
24-01-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah i dont want to double wattage, the wiring could handle it i rekon, but i dont know if the lenses and reflector will take the added heat.

H9 conversion? ill check it out thanks!

and HID is perfect for late night driving in the country.

HID compared to halogen is a perfect increase, however going too far in colour temperature will defeat the purpose