PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen accord oil change..97

Nav2k
24-01-2007, 07:00 PM
hi all..tried looking for tech manuals (the one in sticky doesn't have the same model..) and tried wading thru lots of searches but couldn't find any.

i've got to service my sisters gen 5 accord...

i've found the oil filter after agessss! but how do u guys get to it...from underneath ? i don't have access to a hoise just stands so if i need a hoist i'll have to book it in for a service..

its a 130,000km service..what oil do u guys recommend?

sorry nissan driver here, honda n00b.

cheers

Xplodin
24-01-2007, 09:26 PM
hi all..tried looking for tech manuals (the one in sticky doesn't have the same model..) and tried wading thru lots of searches but couldn't find any.

i've got to service my sisters gen 5 accord...

i've found the oil filter after agessss! but how do u guys get to it...from underneath ? i don't have access to a hoise just stands so if i need a hoist i'll have to book it in for a service..

its a 130,000km service..what oil do u guys recommend?

sorry nissan driver here, honda n00b.

cheers

Wahhhhh only 130k Thats low... Almost as low as mine...

I use and recomend Honda FEO, Prolly the best oil in terms of usage just on road. Round about 30Bucks from the honda dealers. Was using Magnatec before found it to be too sluggish so went out n got FEO... More smooth, and i feels better. But thats just my opinion.

ECU-MAN
24-01-2007, 11:02 PM
safely jack the car up and support it on jack stands on a firm level surface

you get under the car and access the oil filter from the back of the block.

change the sump washer and make sure you clean the oil filter surface making sure you dont do a "double sealer" very rare on honda oil filters, but if someone wacked a ryco ect on it, you can get caught out. not pretty

Nav2k
25-01-2007, 07:46 AM
cool thanks a lot guys.
ill give it a go today.

thnx for the tip on the oil and the filter too, ill get genuine honda products then...(i didn't plan on it initially).

Nav2k
26-01-2007, 10:17 AM
cheers guys, done the service.

cept for one thing...
the damn fuel filter..
how the hell did u guys get the bottom bolt off? can't get a spanner to it well and when i did the whole thing flexes when i try to turn the spanner...and u cant get at it from underneath....

sparkies r so easy :P i wish every car were as nice as a honda engine to service.... one oil filter, one engine oil to buy etc. honda makes things easy....

cept for the fkn fuel filter!!

aaronng
26-01-2007, 11:00 AM
the damn fuel filter..
how the hell did u guys get the bottom bolt off? can't get a spanner to it well and when i did the whole thing flexes when i try to turn the spanner...and u cant get at it from underneath....

You use 2 spanners. One fits to the bottom of the fuel filter, and the other to the bottom bolt holding the fuel line in. You arrange the spanners so that you loosen the bolt by squeezing on the 2 spanners together like a set of pliers.

Nav2k
26-01-2007, 10:03 PM
cheers mate, ill give it a go tomorow :)