PDA

View Full Version : Euro CL9 Tinting - Melbourne Experience

shailesh
25-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Did some looking around various installers. This is what I found out.

- Tint-a-Car : they bend the metal door frames to install tint & prevent it from stratching
- Premier : Install felt to prevent sratching
- Tint Professor : Install felt to prevent sratching

Ive also heard about others who cut the rubber to prevent the tint from Straching.

Anyways I was luck enough to see a Euro getting done at Tint Profssor... saw they they dont remove the interior door panal. They just remove the top seal on the door to which they install the felt. Seemed relatively and quick without much de-assembly... so went with these guys...

So far I'm happy... road noise has gone up very slightly (est. 5%)... and most times there seems to be no difference.
Will have to wait a month or so before giving a verdict on the tint iteslf...

Hope this is of help to other newbies in melbourne...

yfin
25-01-2007, 01:42 PM
What do you mean they removed the top seal? That is not how they installed the felt on my car at Tint Professor (although it was 3 years ago). With mine I watched them remove the door panels and glue the felt on (ie nothing from the car was removed).

There should be no increase in road noise when tinting windows - so not sure what they have done to your car.

I did notice today that some of the glue on the felt has lost its stickiness and in some areas the felt comes up when I open the windows. Not great but I think I can reglue these areas (but will need to remove the door panels).

shailesh
25-01-2007, 02:03 PM
apologies... wrong choise of words on my part...

yes they did remove the top door panel to get access to the rubber seal. The felt installed on mine seemed to have a self adhesive back. Hopefully these have improved over time.

thanks for the headsup.

yfin
25-01-2007, 02:17 PM
apologies... wrong choise of words on my part...

yes they did remove the top door panel to get access to the rubber seal. The felt installed on mine seemed to have a self adhesive back. Hopefully these have improved over time.

thanks for the headsup.

ahh ok - so they didn't permanently remove any seals. It is strange you are noticing more road noise though, I didn't feel any difference.

Re the felt, mine was the same - with self adhesive back. I know I said glue above, but that is what I meant. After a few years the adhesive loses its strength. I will need to fix mine up on 2 doors. I don't think I will replace the felt. Perhaps I will just put on some strong double sided tape so it sits on the frame again and doesn't ride up when the window is opened.