PDA

View Full Version : how to remove cluster from EG civic??

Per10d
13-06-2004, 11:12 PM
hey heys, recently one of the globe in my dash cluster have blown and its pissing me off, i want to change but i'm not too sure how to remove the trim around the cluster in my civic?

i've undone the 2 blots above, also removed hazard button and undone that bolt too, but when i try yank the trim out it feels as though it might snap?

anyone have any ideas?

LatinoHatchCrap
13-06-2004, 11:19 PM
what you have to do is carefully pry out the clsuter bezel using a flathead screw driver with a thin towel around the tip of the screwdriver.

Start from the passanger side and then move to the drivers side :) careful not to snap any of the clips.

ECU-MAN
13-06-2004, 11:20 PM
theres four screws ( not bolts ) the two upper ones you found, on on the left of the colum ( I think you found this one behind the hazard switch ) and one on the right side behind a blank plug .

with these four screws removed I start from the top of the shroud pulling it down and out. there will be four more screws behind there holding the cluster in.

be cearfull when removing the cluster shroud that you dont snap it or scratch your colum covers

good luck