PDA

View Full Version : Just looking for some advice about civics, help needed

exeqt
26-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Hey people

Just looking at the moment for a civic, and i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of which model type was the most suitable to my needs. I'm looking at 00' onwards and hope to mod it over time and was seeing which one would be the most suitable as i've seen several including cxi, gli etc and yeah i would appreciate any input

Thanks

:)

incoming
26-01-2007, 08:31 AM
bit of a broad question there mate
we dont know what u want.. care to share?
a car with options? no options?
auto manual?
minimum engine displacement?

exeqt
26-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah sorry mate if it was a bit broad (bit of car noob lol), yeah manual of course.
And yeah just looking for the type in which would be most suitable for modding.
Would prefer 2L but yeah i would settle for 1.6L if i had to, i saw a person down our local motorplex, who had turbo'd his, I didnt manage to get the type of civic but it was a hatch and i would be hoping to do the same so i'm looking for the best type of civic performance wise you could say.

Thanks once again for your help

simbadda54
26-01-2007, 02:15 PM
civic and performance lol. Try an integra

Geekstar
26-01-2007, 02:16 PM
EK civic would suit your needs. Plenty of aftermarket parts avaliable, there are several models avaliable, cxi, gli, vti, vti-r and the sugar daddy type-r. All EK models come stock with 1.6L engines, the difference is power and cam gears e.g cxi, gli are SOHC non VTEC while the vti-r and type-r are DOHC VTEC.

muhhan
26-01-2007, 10:22 PM
One of the reasons why the vti-r and type r variants produce more power is because of the higher compression they run. This may be an issue if you want to turbo it later on down the line, however it can be fixed by swapping in some low compression pistons especially designed with turbo application in mind.

c3024534
27-01-2007, 01:10 AM
If you want to turbo it you would probably be better off going with the VTI-R. I've heard that the D16Y4 (ie CXi and GLi motor) motors break conrods alot when they have been turboed. Not sure if this is true. Maybe someone else can confirm it.