PDA

View Full Version : Muffler rubber mounts

simbadda54
26-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey guys, i installed some headers yesterday and my whole catback was shifted upwards about half a cm and its now rattling against my lip. Do i need to change the mounts or can i adjust them somehow. I tried moving them yestrday but they dont move :S

Zdster
26-01-2007, 02:57 PM
So your exhaust is now hitting your lip?

Go to your local exhaust shop and either get some longer rubber mounts (so that the system sits lower at the end) or get them to reweld some longer exhaust hangers (the metal bits that connect the exhaust to the rubber mounts).

simbadda54
26-01-2007, 03:26 PM
yea just wondeirng if there was another way of adjusting it myself. Its aussie day and everythings closed today lol

Zdster
26-01-2007, 03:52 PM
yea just wondeirng if there was another way of adjusting it myself. Its aussie day and everythings closed today lol

No not really. That is unless you can heat up the hangers enough to bend them (but you would probably need an acetylene torch (although I would recommend not doing this yourself :)).

muhhan
26-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Could always try 'borrowing' the rubber mounts from another car. Perhaps the folks or a girlfriend's car might be a willing candidate?

simbadda54
26-01-2007, 10:23 PM
yea lol but i doubt their mounts r long enough to suit my needs

egSi
26-01-2007, 11:27 PM
try gettin larger ones from supershit.

bigger cars have bigger hangers that MAY hang lower :thumbsup: