PDA

View Full Version : Stock Front Bar

furiou5
14-06-2004, 01:45 AM
Hey guys i was just wondering how the stock front bar on the Civic comes off i got an EK and i want to take it off to put mesh inserts i was also wondering which is the best way to take out the ugly black parts on it already.

thanks

ECU-MAN
14-06-2004, 01:50 AM
there are two screws and four bolts to be undone..

two screws one in each wheel arch top of the end of the bumper facing down

from the front of the car ther should be two 12mm bolts on either side of the bumper. undoo em all and pull the bar off. its that simple

alan
14-06-2004, 01:57 AM
2 bolts under the car (size 10 i think it was)

4-6 plastic plugs as u lift the bonnet (pry them up wif a flat-head screwdriver)

1 screw in each wheel arch on where it joins the fender

and i think there are the same plastic clip holding the guard liner to the front bar, can't remember

ECU-MAN
14-06-2004, 02:03 AM
2 bolts under the car (size 10 i think it was)

4-6 plastic plugs as u lift the bonnet (pry them up wif a flat-head screwdriver)

1 screw in each wheel arch on where it joins the fender

and i think there are the same plastic clip holding the guard liner to the front bar, can't remember

oh yeah forgot bout the plastic clips . carefull you dont break em getting em out

A'PEXi
14-06-2004, 10:58 AM
posted this message bout 2 years ago :D search plz

carbine
15-06-2004, 01:37 AM
I didn't bother putting the clip back on, it doesn't really do anything anyway :\

and what is the tank there its not the radiator overflow is it? its a bit big for that.

ECU-MAN
15-06-2004, 09:47 AM
the tank under the LHS of the bumper is your windscreen washer bottle ( its a Big mumma isnt it )

SPEEDCORE
15-06-2004, 10:25 AM
He's probably refering to the useless resonator for the intake....... that is if other Ek models other than EK4 came with them.