PDA

View Full Version : Some wierd stuff happening in my Civic

checkers
27-01-2007, 03:11 PM
I just got a EG 93 civic hand me down car and was wondering can anyone help me, got it serviced last week and the mechanic reckons it's all good. These problems were already there before the service, excuse my silly questions, I'm new to cars.

Everytime I turn on the car the clock and radio resets. Is this bad wiring?
When driving If I turn on the aircon the car idles at almost 0 and seems like it will stall.
If I drive for say half hour plus the brakes go down to the ground but still work just gotta brake earlier but it's not as snappy like in the first half hour. (Been told this is normal with civics).
Also it's a 1.3lt, just curious as I wasn't aware 93 EG's came in 1.3's.

Cat

ekhybrid
27-01-2007, 03:36 PM
yes incorrect wiring, the clock and radio prolly wired up to the ignition instead of batt.
u can turn ur idle up for a quick fix or clean ur throttle body and iacv for the aircon prob
and change your brake fluid

Fr3aKi3
27-01-2007, 03:41 PM
the 1.3L eg's are known as the "breeze" model

ECU-MAN
27-01-2007, 04:28 PM
may not be the wiring but rather a blown fuse.

EG5[KRT]
27-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Everytime I turn on the car the clock and radio resets. Is this bad wiring?
When driving If I turn on the aircon the car idles at almost 0 and seems like it will stall.

If I drive for say half hour plus the brakes go down to the ground but still work just gotta brake earlier but it's not as snappy like in the first half hour. (Been told this is normal with civics).
Also it's a 1.3lt, just curious as I wasn't aware 93 EG's came in 1.3's.

Cat

i believe it is a breeze model..

the clock and radio reset.. might b a poor battery..

with the idle you can adjust the idle speed screw for the carbi

the brakes going sloppy.. all i can think of is that your brake fluid is old.. and needs to b flushed out and renewed.. coz it probably gets too hot for the operating temp and the fluid compresses when you brake coz too much water absorbtion.

m3ntAL_l2
27-01-2007, 10:18 PM
may not be the wiring but rather a blown fuse.

yes, it should b the fuse, the same thing happened to me when i was doin my head unit.

checkers
27-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Thanks heaps guys. Though am a little pissed at the mechanic, charged me over a grand and I'd a thought changing brake fluid and fuses would be standard.
Think I'll grab a friend to help me with that. Thanks again.

Weq
01-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks heaps guys. Though am a little pissed at the mechanic, charged me over a grand and I'd a thought changing brake fluid and fuses would be standard.
Think I'll grab a friend to help me with that. Thanks again.

Over a grand? I hope he swapped in a b-series for that price!

pkb0i
01-02-2007, 02:46 PM
yeh the clock and radio problem is most likely a blown fuse, just pop the bonnet, and go to the fuse box.problem should be there