PDA

View Full Version : D-series exhaust manifolds

muhhan
28-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know if an exhaust manifold from a D15B will fit properly onto a D16Y4 or Y8 head? I'm looking at getting one of those 5zigen exhaust manifolds but they only seem to have it for the D15B. Reason for the query about the Y8 head is because I have a D16Y4 at the moment but plan on swapping the head later down the track (not for quite a while unless my engine carks it) and hope to be able to reuse the exhaust manifold.

Mods, if you think this is better placed in the the technical section than please move it. Thanks.

blk_shadow
28-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I reckon all of the d-series engines has the same design exhaust manifold. I believe even though the d-series extractor still can be bent and used for the b-series.

EG5
28-01-2007, 09:35 PM
I reckon all of the d-series engines has the same design exhaust manifold. I believe even though the d-series extractor still can be bent and used for the b-series.

D and B series header is not the same at all

blk_shadow
28-01-2007, 09:54 PM
yeah, I know they are different, thats why some exhaust shop can actually bent and re-welded them back on just to get it to fit b-series (when one is doing a swap) instead of buying a new extractor again.

crx88rb
28-01-2007, 10:54 PM
all D series fit up right but the inside ports may be smaller or bigger for the block which would require machining the excess metal out if smaller

bevis90
28-01-2007, 10:59 PM
are u saying u are in need of a OEM manifold

muhhan
28-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the advice so far guys! So I've gathered that all the mount points and bolt holes will be the same so the manifold will bolt right on. Is the length the manifolds hang below the engine the same too? So no chopping and rewelding hangers required? Any idea if the D15B exhaust ports are smaller or larger than the D16Y4 or Y8. With a 100mL capacity difference it shouldn't be much different at any rate should it? If required, is this sort of port matching something one could DIY?

Traders who are selling the 5zigen headers, do you know about compatibility?

EG5
29-01-2007, 12:19 AM
SO far we dont have D series 5 Zigen header yet , We got DC sports header for D series in stock .
Pm me for details