PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mats

banger666
29-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone,
Just picked up my new euro last week and also bought some authentic honda euro floor mats. Someone has since told me I need to cut the carpet in order to install them properley... Does anyone else have these floor mats, and can I use them without cutting the carpet in my new car (as I did buy the mats to look after the carpet!!)

Any help would be appreciated!

EuroDude
29-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Not 100% sure but its probably just the two notches under the drivers seat that hold the drivers mat in place. You dont have to install the notches, but then again you dont want the mat shifting all over the place.

All the other mats just go in without any mods.

Tobster
29-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I bundled in my mats when I bought the car -- but I can't imagine what needs to be cut. The only thing I can think is the two plastic clips that hold the driver's mat in place would need to be fixed to the floor. I'll have a look.

On the flip side, I find the OE Honda mats extremely good and with the spiky back, they're unlikely to slip.

banger666
29-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I bundled in my mats when I bought the car -- but I can't imagine what needs to be cut. The only thing I can think is the two plastic clips that hold the driver's mat in place would need to be fixed to the floor. I'll have a look.

On the flip side, I find the OE Honda mats extremely good and with the spiky back, they're unlikely to slip.

Thanks Tobster... Yeah the two plastic clips is what I'm concerned about... everything else looks like it will be OK.

Cheers

yfin
29-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Don't cut anything in the car - the mats are either held by themselves or with clips already in place :)

29-01-2007, 09:35 AM
dealer put them in and the plastic clips were there originally i think, the only issue i have witht he euro mats are they arent thick and lush even the civics mats are better and longer lasting. but i havent found any after market mats that fit as nice as the proper honda ones.

industrie
29-01-2007, 09:38 AM
cut the mats? lol...i doubt that would need to be done..if you want something to keep the euro mats in good condition just dont use them..and get some aftermarket ones..simple solution from wear and tear

EuroDude
29-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Yeh u might wanna get an aftermarket drivers mat since the OEM one gets a harsh heel indent and wears away fast. Honda should have put thick rubber on the heel section.

ps. Notches / Clips ... same thing different smell.

yfin
29-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeh u might wanna get an aftermarket drivers mat since the OEM one gets a harsh heel indent and wears away fast. Honda should have put thick rubber on the heel section.

Has anyone worn the drivers side mat completely through?

yfin
29-01-2007, 09:46 AM
if you want something to keep the euro mats in good condition just dont use them

True, if you want to keep the car in good condition don't drive it either :D The mats are there to be used. :)

EuroDude
29-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Has anyone worn the drivers side mat completely through?

dunno but it looks pretty dodge having a massive heel indent whilst the rest of it is in good condition :p

lol didnt know the carpet had a rubber section:
http://img.scoop.co.nz/stories/images/0402/19938fbcd8c781ee6649.jpeg

yfin
29-01-2007, 09:55 AM
dunno but it looks pretty dodge having a massive heel indent whilst the rest of it is in good condition :p

Depends on your expectations. I think mine had flat carpet under the pedals after a few weeks. Still looks similar 3 years later. If I wanted everything in the car to forever remain perfect I wouldn't drive the car.

tony1234
29-01-2007, 01:39 PM

Yeah i agree.that's what i did.took drivers mat to motor trimmer and got a copy of the original made up in black with a heel pad $50.00 all good now.:thumbsup:
PS.i didn't install the clips to hold mats in place.It doesn't move around at all.

29-01-2007, 01:41 PM
where bouts in sydney did u get it done tony, pm me if u dont want to post it publicly please.

also was it just the drivers side or both front mats?

tony1234
29-01-2007, 01:53 PM
where bouts in sydney did u get it done tony, pm me if u dont want to post it publicly please.

also was it just the drivers side or both front mats?
Just drivers.Dept.of the interior at Carlton.Ph.95467914 or check this out!! http://www.autorepairers.com.au/trim/trimmers.htm

tron07
29-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I went to Bunnings and got 1m X 1m of black carpet for $15... then cut it to shape and put it on top of the original mats for the driver and front passenger. Cut the holes for the pegs but its still move about slighty... no biggie for me.

tony1234
29-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I went to Bunnings and got 1m X 1m of black carpet for $15... then cut it to shape and put it on top of the original mats for the driver and front passenger. Cut the holes for the pegs but its still move about slighty... no biggie for me.
stick some anti slip matting on the back of the mat.You can get it from Clark rubber(i've got some in the boot!!)It's good stuff.

tron07
29-01-2007, 05:15 PM
I tried velcro, but it will not stick to the original mats, but will stick to the carpet, I was using some cheap mats previously.

The carpet is good enough for me, so no need to get anti slips. It looks nice too.... my friend didnt notice that I put another carpet there.

Tobster
30-01-2007, 08:57 AM
OK. It looks like the carpet has to be cut to fit the clips (just a couple of straight slices in front of the seat. I'll try and post photos later...

30-01-2007, 09:07 AM
thanks tony,
and tron, i might check out the bunnings option first.

also i know its alittle of topic, but when i got my car i decided against the $399 boot liner, i found a square one at super cheap auto, fits nicely in between the wheel arches in the boot it was $29 bucks, good enough for gym bags, soccer boots and the pram when the kids come along.. easy to get out and clean,

banger666
01-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks Tobster... Bummer that you have to cut the carpet to install the clips. I think I'll skip the clips then... will it hold in place without them?

EuroDude
01-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeh the mat is quite solid so it should hold.

But the area where you cut the carpet is under the seat so you wont be able to see it anyway.

corn_flakes
01-02-2007, 04:13 PM
yes i agree with yfin.

my drivers side mat is so worn out, esp. near the heel area.

doesn't help when u drive stick and ur left foot is always moving around.

i regret not getting the black euro with ivory interior now. just because the black cloth seats pick up dust/fibres/fluff so easily and it's so visible...same goes with the black mats...bit of dust on ur shoes and it'd show!

tony1234
01-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeh the mat is quite solid so it should hold.
But the area where you cut the carpet is under the seat so you wont be able to see it anyway.
Agreed.It does hold.i haven't installed the clips and the mat doesn't move around at all.IMO i wouldn't worry about installing them.:D

BIGBLUE
01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
If you want all black seat covers for Euros with seat airbag holes, they are called "IMPACT BLACK" and i had them fitted at Ryan/Canterbury seatcovers at Canterbury Road Canterbury. they were size 35 front, don't remember the price! ..company paid.

yfin
01-02-2007, 07:09 PM
If you want all black seat covers for Euros with seat airbag holes, they are called "IMPACT BLACK" and i had them fitted at Ryan/Canterbury seatcovers at Canterbury Road Canterbury. they were size 35 front, don't remember the price! ..company paid.

relevance to a thread about floor mats? :confused:

Chris_F
01-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I went to the wrecker after i heard about a euro being there... bought the front two mats for $50 and when i get around to it I'm gonna get some rubber padding installed on the drivers side one

has anyone mentioned that the 03's actually came with a padded area where your feet rest?

Adagio
02-02-2007, 07:21 AM
If you have authentic Honda mats they come with instructions. I seem to remember using a Stanley knife to ease out the already stamped carpet area where the mats are attached, which is under the seat.

tron07
02-02-2007, 05:33 PM
thanks tony,
and tron, i might check out the bunnings option first.

Get the thick ones, as they dont slide about as much as the thin carpets.

Euro76
03-02-2007, 09:59 AM
I like the authentic Honda Euro mats, looks like it comes directly from Honda Japan (Honda Access). It's nice but too bad it's thin. I'll make sure I'll clean it all the time to reduce wear and tear.

tony1234
03-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I like the authentic Honda Euro mats, looks like it comes directly from Honda Japan (Honda Access). It's nice but too bad it's thin. I'll make sure I'll clean it all the time to reduce wear and tear.
Take the drivers mat to any motor trimmer and they'll stitch a heel pad in it for you.that's what i did.cost $30.00.:thumbsup:

Euro76
03-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks Tony. I will definitely look into that :)