PDA

View Full Version : StreetLegal tint for new Civic

dal
29-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi, I have just ordered a new 07 Civic, managed to get free tint from the sales guy. After the deal made, we were pass onto a HR lady trying to do another round of money squeezing for paint protection and the like.. OK, question starts here: she's trying to sell us "StreetLegal" (trademark, not common term) tinting for extra $150, claiming its darker than the one that's offered. Mentioned something about color, bluish instead of carbon... something I didn't completely catch at that time. The flyer of that "StreetLegal" thing has Motor One as the company and that's all the information I got. Do anyone come across this particular thing?

Bayani
29-01-2007, 01:35 PM
See if you get get 'protect-something or other"

Basically it's like your average tint, but break-resistant. ie: some jack kient trying to rip your ride / povo looking to nick ya cd's.

Tried doing some research on google?

Shimian
29-01-2007, 03:34 PM
lol, was the HR lady a model looking blondie wearing a cleavage top. As she was explaining the extras i could get for my car, i was too busy looking at something else :p . In the end, i got nothing because i knew beforehand that they r rip offs and dont do nothing. On top of that, my gf was next to me and i was trying to not get caught :cool:

dal
29-01-2007, 04:13 PM
lol, was the HR lady a model looking blondie wearing a cleavage top. As she was explaining the extras i could get for my car, i was too busy looking at something else :p . In the end, i got nothing because i knew beforehand that they r rip offs and dont do nothing. On top of that, my gf was next to me and i was trying to not get caught :cool:

Damn, donno what I'm typing b4. When I mean HR, should be Customer Relations... anyway.

I know it's a rip off, just not completely sure if paying this $150 extra do give me something which looks different. That isn't funny if the freebie tint only goes half way and you have to redo the tint afterwards. Or maybe that "streetlegal" thing == freebie tint, and that $150 equates to nothing...

I couldn't find anything on google on this "streetlegal" stuff, so I have absolutely no idea how this thing will look like or compare to something like the "midnight express" by Solace.

oniononline
29-01-2007, 05:29 PM
When I ordered mine with free tint and mat deal, a "HR" lady also asked me which tint I like, she shown me two samples and the darkest one is named "Darkest Legal" I remember, but free of charge tho, nothing added, and it is very dark, I could hardly see anything inside unless I put my nose on the window and cover the side around my eyes.

I believe if the contract you signed which stated "tint included" does not contain any condition eg: "street legal is extra etc", then you should be entitled for any types of "tint" as stated, again, unless stated.

clem
29-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah the thing you first should have done was haggle a good quality tint from him instead of just 'free tint' cuz if ur so vague there you'll get milked more money :)

denot
30-01-2007, 09:04 AM
well... I asked for the maximum tinting that still legal, and I got a crap one on my 06 model... I went back to see the 07 model, it has darker tinting. I aksed the salesperson, they said its only available for 07 model... wth?????

Atjo
30-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm using the SunSmart tint that was offered to me and it's expensive but i think it's worthed cause during the summer most of the heat was trapped in the tint and most of the heat that i can feel is from the windscreen and my sunroof. The reason that i'm willing to pay for it because the quality of the tint is same as the tint that i had back in Indonesia which was really good. The difference only we couldn't tint our windscreen here eventhough the lightest one.

dal
30-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Apart from this $150 extra affair, I've called up the sales today and check if they'll tint the sun-roof as well. The guy said the roof can't be tinted because it'll crack if doing so. I do a little bit of google and find few people reports on sunroof cracking which "MAYBE" cause by the tinting. I cannot remember if the sunroof is already colored and I cannot conclude if this cracking theory is valid or not.

Is this something new invented by the sales people? Have anyone heard about that?

Atjo
30-01-2007, 05:52 PM
The sunroof already tinted but the tint doesn't absorb the heat much.

denot
31-01-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm using the SunSmart tint that was offered to me and it's expensive but i think it's worthed cause during the summer most of the heat was trapped in the tint and most of the heat that i can feel is from the windscreen and my sunroof. The reason that i'm willing to pay for it because the quality of the tint is same as the tint that i had back in Indonesia which was really good. The difference only we couldn't tint our windscreen here eventhough the lightest one.

Pak atjo... is it illegal to tint only the top bit of the windscreen? I believe some car has this... and also... what brand you use in Indo?

Atjo
31-01-2007, 10:45 AM
denot = indo?? it's legal to tint the sunroof cause i had a friend that tinted his aftermarket sunroof, i use v-kool in indo, or bring the v-kool film from indo and install it here.

denot
31-01-2007, 11:42 AM
denot = indo?? it's legal to tint the sunroof cause i had a friend that tinted his aftermarket sunroof, i use v-kool in indo, or bring the v-kool film from indo and install it here.

yupz... denot=indo...

i think we can get a v-kool from some Indo mechanic here in Sydney (one of them is Allen W). So v-kool is good? does it comes in sort of "bluish" colour? :p

Atjo
31-01-2007, 01:23 PM
yupz... denot=indo...

i think we can get a v-kool from some Indo mechanic here in Sydney (one of them is Allen W). So v-kool is good? does it comes in sort of "bluish" colour? :p
I used v-kool on my honda stream in indo and most of the time i didn't feel hot inside + i had a tint on my windscreen so it helps a lot. I forgot the colour of the tint cause i haven't gone back to for 3 years now hehe and v-kool film is expensive, around Rp7-10K for 1 car (A$1000-A1500).