PDA

View Full Version : Coupe OR Hatch? VTi-R

NsX
07-10-2003, 11:44 PM
well hey all... iam just wondering overall which is better....?
and wats the differences?

btw iam a newbie....

vti-2
08-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Which is better? I assume you're referring to the EK...

I personally love the Coupe. The shape is awesome and when you modify them they look stunning. The hatch is nice too, they are perfect to mod for the race track, but the Coupe can handle just as well.

luzinit
08-10-2003, 12:13 AM
i reckon the coupe has a better exterior, looks nicer but the hatch's styling does grow on u, however the coupe's got ugly flat seats, hatch has much better ones and sunroof standard ;)

but as long as its got a b16a under the hood, thats all that matters :) heheheh

NsX
08-10-2003, 12:18 AM
but as long as its got a b16a under the hood, thats all that matters :) heheheh

hehe help me on codes... i dont know them.... B16A?

vti-2
08-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Here's a start for info on the Civic models...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

There's been heaps of discussion on engine swaps etc on this forum so check other posts, lots of info already on B16A's etc...

Weq
08-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Personally, even though i am a sedan boy myself, id go the hatch. I just dont like the styling of the coupe, its probably cuase i have seen way to many riced up ones round UNSW...

NsX
08-10-2003, 12:36 AM
yeh iam prob going for the hatch....
but chu guys reckon VTi-R is the next best thing after Type-R rite?

wat about the SiR version? is that any different in performace wise 2 the VTi-R?

godzhitman
08-10-2003, 12:49 AM
go the hatch! coupe just looks wrong if you keep it stock. at least a hatch looks alright stock.

Weq
08-10-2003, 01:04 AM
SiR is a JDM tuned b16a. Bit of performance diff, probably only really comparable ona dyno though, it'd be a drivers race.

luzinit
08-10-2003, 03:09 AM
b16a is the dohc vtec engine that came in the vtirs, hatch n coupe.. hehe

sir is jap equivalent of the vtir hatch, except its got 170hp instead of 160hp due to fuel n emission regulations or something.. ?? not much diff tho, so yeh, in australia ur looking at only the civic vtir hatch 96-98 or civic vtir coupe 98 - 01 i think, or 98-00, something like that..

go the hatch!! going prices start abt 16k, where as the coupe u'll prolly find are about 20k +

A'PEXi
08-10-2003, 10:09 AM
i say coupe ;)

SirAZN
08-10-2003, 10:19 AM
comon now thats an easy sway for the coupe. How many do you see of the vtir coupe compared to the hatch on the road. The hatch just looks like any other cxi or gli. The coupe has that sexy sleek look even when stock. and performance wise well both have an angry B16A under the hood. but in apperance wise. Go the coupe, if you can find one? :wink:

Civic Type R
08-10-2003, 10:19 AM
yeh iam prob going for the hatch....
but chu guys reckon VTi-R is the next best thing after Type-R rite?

Yep thats right !
Id prefer a hatch over a sedan or coupe anyday !
ntw, they race hatchies and not coupes too. :P

kimbi
08-10-2003, 10:21 AM
they both nice.. personally i wanted the coupe but bought the hatch.. (damn insurance, a 2 door hatch is cheap to insure but most insurers wont touch an under 25 with a coupe! dammit!)

:x

The coupe looks sleek and sexy.. the hatch can look mean if you want it to :P

[[d a n n y]]
08-10-2003, 10:44 AM
personally coupe..

but hatch due to the weight difference if u wanna go faster

Civic Type R
08-10-2003, 11:16 AM
There is a 9kg weight difference between the EK hatch and the Coupe.
The hatch is lighter.

eknine
08-10-2003, 12:21 PM
the hatch vs the coupe-> hatch lighter

after maket parts support more for hatch than the coupe -just a minor comment but overall after maket parts support - abudance nothing IMO, comes even close to civic after maket support

engine no same only that the hatch built in japan, coupe in america

both insurance are cheap, the vti-r as low as $650 for over 25, the coupe as high as $1400 for below 25 -full comprehensive

price of the coupe vs hatch...coupe more expensive because its a newer make. price for hatch vti-r as low as 12K(that the lowest that i have brokered) and highest that i ever brokered for mate is 16500-just last week (total stock with 5g worth of sound system and programable security system with audio parts left over)..highest i ever paid is for mine-amount undisclosed,(because it in preiumn color, no vtec during the years of ownership, full stock honda leather interior and fully stock and almost new condition, although it still smell new till today)

agility is in the hatch, if space is concern-> then go for coupe...whichever its up to your usage requirements.

Civic Type R
08-10-2003, 12:26 PM
The interior of the 97 VTir hatch is unique to that edition only and is not replicated in any other civic.

eknine
08-10-2003, 01:00 PM
The interior of the 97 VTir hatch is unique to that edition only and is not replicated in any other civic.

hummmmm...what interior are you talking abt??? if you are talking abt the aircon panel, then the ek9 panel is difference(the carbon fibre look)...otherwise the ek4(civic vti-r aircon panel) is the same across all ek civic family..does not matter its a 96, 97 or 98 or cxi, vti-r coupe.

unless you are talking abt the vti-r cluster (hatch and coupe) then the cluster is difference coz the coupe has a maintainence thingy while the hatch does not have. and there is also a variance of cluster for the eks family with some without the rpms meters... maybe here is something you might not know, even with the maintainence thingy on the vti-r coupe, it is still possible to use the CTR cluster in the vti-r coupe without any modification(i just install that last week on my mate's.

if you like to know the 3 most prized ek cluster are the spoon sports , the SIR and the CTR..in order of rarity and price...when i'm free i will take some pix of the 3 cluster

hummm..what else could interior be different, well most are of grey tone with black wall panel...except mine everything is black because of the leather interior including door panel....

pls enlighten me to which interior of the ek you are talking abt that is difference....the only thing i can tell you apart from that is that the civic vti-r hatch has four pillow(headrest) 2 front and 2 on the rear...this is the sure way for me to id a civic vti-r to any other civic hatch...coz some bloke can have the vti-r rims or he can be rice and put a vti-r sticker

but if you are talking abt ek9 and ek4 interior difference, then is the
CTR carpet, the red armrest of the door panel, the brake console , the handbrake lil latch knob, the a/c panel, the cluster, the extra holder on driver side a/c vent, the cup holder , gear knob and only the CTR-Rx has the red stiched shift boot and DC5/ s2000 pedal set without the deadrest pedal and the CTR interior is black except the roof carpet...and the front and rear seat is different to the ek4(civic vti-r).... however the ek4(civic vti-r) in japan has a SIR emblem sticker rather than the vti-r sticker .....and if you must know, the japan ek9 and ek4 has extra coin holding compartment located where your fuse panel.

well if you don't believe me, then when i get time in the summer, i will take pix of all the difference ...

Civic Type R
08-10-2003, 01:18 PM
hehe no not the differences of the EK9 to the VTiR.

The 97 VTiR hatch was on sale for a limited 16 months in Australia.
The interior includes, red/purple pattern seats with black headrests, red/purple arm rests, black carpet and dash.

The other VTiRs have a grey trim and different seats.
The dash panels are the same.

I know all 3 clusters you are on about :) did u buy the CTR cluster [genesis] was selling?
damn that spoon one is joy :P

eknine
08-10-2003, 01:26 PM
oic..i learn something new today...maybe i will check the vti-r that my mate bought to see the pattern....coz i remember that the red/purple line do exist , the black headrest , black carpet and the dash is the same on his:o) and his a 96...nontheless, i will have a look but i learn something new:o)

the CTR cluster ..you mean from alex(genesis)..i didn't buy it, my mate did:o)

me i'm just like to collect cluster:o)

eknine
08-10-2003, 01:30 PM
laffz...yeah, i just state the difference of the CTr and the ek4 coz i thought was a better comparision of difference..hehehe..

Civic Type R
08-10-2003, 01:41 PM
can you kindly tell your friend hes a bastard for me :)
I wanted that dash !!!!!!!!!!!!
Im buying the centre console.

So far i have got EK9. momo srs steering wheel, red carpet, red floormats, CF gauge bezel, titanium shifter, and the CF centre console is in progress.

My EK4 to EK9 conversion is getting there :P

all i need now are the red armrests and recaros :wink:

ginganggooly
08-10-2003, 02:44 PM
i was under the impression that civic coupes were assebmled in the states, along with the accord. or something like that.

and the hatch was from japan... or something like that. :oops:

something to consider/look up.

IMO a civic hatch is better looking than the coupe :) i wanted one at the time i bought my integra, but the fuxxing things were all selling for around 24k, i got my car for 18k.
bah, oh well.

wynode
08-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Not sure about the accords, but the vti-r coupes were made in the USA (ppl doubt the build quality) and only release b/w around 1999-2000.

You pay a lot more for a coupe than a hatch here in Oz.

SiR
08-10-2003, 03:14 PM
The coupe, definitely :D

Loads more sex appeal than the hatch. Having said that, the hatch can look hot as especially with a nice bodykit and rims.

kimbi
08-10-2003, 03:40 PM
well i think my lil purple one dont look to bad for a girlz car.. theres a pic in my profile i think? :)

it has the interior the other guys were talking about - black with red/purple patterns in the seats.

but if you want a really sexy coupe, get an intergra :lol:

VTEChnique
08-10-2003, 03:50 PM
]]
but hatch due to the weight difference if u wanna go faster

THANKYOU..

if you want to RICE - get the Coupe - Great for Audio and Bodykits.
if you want to RACE - get the Hatchy - Great for Track and Strip.

HB is lighter than coupe and also has a shorter wheelbase.

whoever said that the VTiR HB looks like any CXi is a moron.. there are as many GLi and VTi coupes than VTi-R coupes.. probably MORE !!

having said that.. IMO the coupe is a very beutiful car, but you might as well get an integra VTiR for the same price..

wynode
08-10-2003, 03:58 PM
.. there are as many GLi and VTi coupes than VTi-R coupes.. probably MORE !!

Vti-R coupes were only realease here for a few years. Not as long as th Gli and Vti coupes. Hence I'd say the vti-r coupes are rarer than the other coupes. Not to mention hatchbacks.

one more chance
08-10-2003, 06:05 PM
yes the hatch is lighter, also the hatch has the shorter wheel base too ibelieve, therefore all this adds to a a much better handler.
the coupe is alot rarer and is dead sexy though....

NsX
08-10-2003, 08:08 PM
whats the specs like hp... etc etc on a normal VTi-R HB?

mo
08-10-2003, 08:12 PM
ou really need to read the civic model info sticky...

Civic Vti-R
Released: 1995-2000
Engine: 1.6L DOHC VTEC 16 valve 118kW
Weight:
Brakes: 4 wheel Anti Lockdisk brakes (ABS).
Features: Power windows,Mirrors, sunroof (not on coupe) and Central locking.
Models: 3 Door Hatch or 2 door coupe.

Dream`R
08-10-2003, 09:17 PM
As stated it depends on wot u want the car for. The hatch has better race potential, but the coupe will be the better head turner. There was one on the cruise and it was a real stunner. I think it belonged to Civic Si.

NsX
08-10-2003, 09:25 PM
yeh i just want... a VTi-R HB.... and tune it out 2 RACE

justin
08-10-2003, 09:34 PM
My input is that the hatch is the faster of the two (as some already mentioned) and i think it rarer than the coupe. Definately a better race car and you make it look like a CTR no worries :lol: . The coupe on the other hand a nicer looking car and has more space etc. There are loads of this model in the States.

mo
08-10-2003, 09:42 PM
As stated it depends on wot u want the car for. The hatch has better race potential, but the coupe will be the better head turner. There was one on the cruise and it was a real stunner. I think it belonged to Civic Si.

yeap belongs to Civic Si, he's car reall turns some heads with those chromies

Civic Si
08-10-2003, 10:10 PM
There was one on the cruise and it was a real stunner. I think it belonged to Civic Si.

That's my Civic. Thanks dude! :)

When I was in da process of purchasing a Civic Vti-R, I had a look at both da hatch and da coupe.

It all depends on ur needs as mention in other posts.

The coupe addressed my needs perfectly! :D

Setanta
08-10-2003, 11:26 PM
It's all been pretty much covered, but if I had the choice, I'd be going with the coupe based on it's stylish looks. The hatch is "nice" but just doesn't appeal the way the coupe does

Cheers

mo
08-10-2003, 11:28 PM
looks, i'd definitely take the coupe anyday...black one sitting on some brozne volks te37 is just sexy as....

Civic Type R
08-10-2003, 11:35 PM
hatchies are easier to park :P

toE
09-10-2003, 12:36 AM
hatchies are easier to park :P

sounds like a femme talking... :wink:

:mrgreen:

mo
09-10-2003, 12:39 AM
hahah any small car is easy to pick imo

Setanta
09-10-2003, 01:08 AM
lol - if I wanted easy to park, I'd go back to a first gen Civic - one guy on each corner and you can carry it into any parking spot :P

Civic Type R
09-10-2003, 10:58 AM
hehe i had to change the tempo a bit for a smile :)

civ
09-10-2003, 02:42 PM
How hard are they to find the vtir hatches down south... because i am in brisbane and i am trying to track one down (decided to go for this rather than put the b16A into my vti coupe) and it is dead on impossible. They are rare as anything up here.

luzinit
09-10-2003, 03:49 PM
mm i see about 2-3 each week in the trading post :) but then again, they are probably the same cars advertised.. hehe

when i went to buy mine 2 months ago, i had a look at 4 others! 3 private 1 dealer! got the dealer one, coz it was in the best condition outta the others.. stock as a rock too

eknine
09-10-2003, 08:11 PM

So far i have got EK9. momo srs steering wheel, red carpet, red floormats, CF gauge bezel, titanium shifter, and the CF centre console is in progress.

lafffz...we shld get together someday for a ek4 to ek9 conversion photo shoot....good to know that you are almost done with everything....

i'm almost done now:o) just hanging around for an engine:o)

i'll keep a look out if there is cluster "cheap":o)

you want the red armrests...hum check with me during summer, you can have mine if i decided not to go with it..coz i still prefer my back leather ones... it good to know that there is another JDM whore like me<laffz>

eknine
09-10-2003, 08:16 PM
mm i see about 2-3 each week in the trading post :) but then again, they are probably the same cars advertised.. hehe

when i went to buy mine 2 months ago, i had a look at 4 others! 3 private 1 dealer! got the dealer one, coz it was in the best condition outta the others.. stock as a rock too

if you are in sydney...you are probably seeing the wrong private ones...
coz i just brokered 2 in last 3 weeks. price is fantastic, condition is immaculate:o)

NsX
09-10-2003, 08:34 PM
EK4 and EK9...
wats the differences in them 2?

eknine
09-10-2003, 09:12 PM
EK4 and EK9...

as for interior, Civic Type R(btw whats ur name..*insert here*, pls) and myself(nic) have mentioned much

engine is b16a and b16b respective both 1.6L

if you are in melb then you will get more luck searching for an ek9. otherwise be contented to go for the civic vti-r(ek4)

this can go on forever with the difference....maybe you should do a search on WWW -some research....readings.

unless someone here indulge you with every single info.

in short....read this
http://www.quantum.net.au/ablew/Civic.htm

and see this

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5111/
or click on the red arrow for the rest
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5111/gallery2.html

some of the pix can be click for enlarge.

its has one of the most comprehensive pre and post facelift of the civic type r(ek9)

Rufes1
09-10-2003, 09:25 PM
The coupe is so damn fine!!! Def. my choice

kimbi
09-10-2003, 09:34 PM
http://www.redbook.com.au/VehicleSearch/comp3specs.asp?firstkey=HOND96AM&secondkey=HOND97B D&thirdkey=HOND99VA

that is pretty interesting...

a comparision of a 96 Vtir HB, 97 vti coupe and 99 vtir coupe..

but realy its all a matter of style.. 8)

Rufes1
09-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Style would be all I'm judging on. But those linkls are interesting

cheers

Sypherg
09-10-2003, 09:45 PM

Hey "Civic Type R", Sorry for that mate.
But i must say it looks cool and it was in really good condition...heheheh
.....but yeh me and eknine will help you out
if we see any cheap ek9 clusters floating around.

Maybe we will meet up some time see your nice type r conversion aye!.

eknine
09-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Sypherg, he is in perth bro!:o)

unless he drive down for my post conversion preview<laffz>

Civic Type R
09-10-2003, 10:53 PM
hehe yeah thanks heaps guys for the support ! much appreciated.
I trust you are talkin about the red armrests at the window controls. Yeah i'll take them off you if you dont want them. Thing is tho, i think they're glued to the vinyl trim door skin. :?:
but anyway, i will have all the items arrive in 2 weeks and will most likely start ripping out the whole interior then. However im still waiting on the red carpet so i cant start anything until that arrives .. :roll:

Ive done it before for a previous car show as i had my window smashed in by a nice brick one night. So i had to remove the seats for the vacuumer. Fun job tho :)

All i need now are red recaros. I have a contact in Japan who looks after me really well and he can get me a pair cheap. But ironically im also tryin to save for a property ive just bought...

but yeah, id love to catch up !

NsX
09-10-2003, 11:25 PM
wat are the chances of me getting a Type-R civic.. in NSW?
and how much chu guys reckon dey retail around?

or if not imported and how much?

bennjamin
09-10-2003, 11:54 PM
just do it like everyone else does...

import a Ek9 from Japan...either written off or whatever...

buy a Ek shell...and swap all teh bits from the JDM wreck into teh shell !

Voila ! Instant civic type R !!!

Thats how ANY exist to my knowledge in Australia...a legal loop hole that still can be acheived :P

Its basically a "legal number job"... :wink:

jenova
10-10-2003, 11:58 AM
I will definitely go for the coupe, partly for its look as it comes with type r bodykit standard. The weight difference between h/b and coupe is actually not much, can check it at www.drive.com.au and u find that the coupe is lighter than h/b. And the h/b comes with sunroof standard which reduce it's chasis stiffness, but can't really be bother unless u drive on the track. One thing u might want to consider is aftermarket mod, which is harder to find for coupe as it does not exist in Japan.

Civic Type R
10-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Umm just for the record, NO civic Type R come in coupes or sedans :)

The only R's are:
Civic Type R - Hatch
Accord Type R - Coupe
Accord Euro R - Coupe
Integra Type R - Coupe
NSX Type R - sex on wheels

and the hatch is lighter than the coupe too. Only VTir have sunroof standard. :P

kimbi
10-10-2003, 01:56 PM
NSX Type R - sex on wheels

now thats a car worth getting your knickers in a twist about :P :P :P

one more chance
10-10-2003, 02:21 PM
EK4 and EK9...

dont forget the headlights and the most obvious change, the 5 lugs

NsX
10-10-2003, 10:39 PM

Thats how ANY exist to my knowledge in Australia...a legal loop hole that still can be acheived :P

how much is an import gonna cost?

eknine
11-10-2003, 10:58 AM
How hard are they to find the vtir hatches down south... because i am in brisbane and i am trying to track one down (decided to go for this rather than put the b16A into my vti coupe) and it is dead on impossible. They are rare as anything up here.

maybe speak to one of the member by the name of genesis(he has one for sale)...not sure if he is in melb or bris.. otherwise the trading post is a good way to start..

eknine
11-10-2003, 11:01 AM
My CTR arms rest comes with the whole vinyl panel(excluding door), including the switches and the door latch..

the armrest are not just glued..its riveted(plastic rivet)

hehe yeah thanks heaps guys for the support ! much appreciated.
I trust you are talkin about the red armrests at the window controls. Yeah i'll take them off you if you dont want them. Thing is tho, i think they're glued to the vinyl trim door skin. :?:
but anyway, i will have all the items arrive in 2 weeks and will most likely start ripping out the whole interior then. However im still waiting on the red carpet so i cant start anything until that arrives .. :roll:

Ive done it before for a previous car show as i had my window smashed in by a nice brick one night. So i had to remove the seats for the vacuumer. Fun job tho :)

All i need now are red recaros. I have a contact in Japan who looks after me really well and he can get me a pair cheap. But ironically im also tryin to save for a property ive just bought...

but yeah, id love to catch up !

eknine
11-10-2003, 11:06 AM
thats right ....but chance are its easier in Melb than in NSW..the R&rR here are just so much hassle..

and what Ben mentioned is right....built one(conversion) or the only way is to get a wreck one and redo...

IMO, i will never go for a wreck car(the integrity of the chassis). and conversion is good, slow and eay but just very expensive-if you used the civic vti-r..but the good thing is that you get a sunroof-that why i choose to go with that shell- lovely australia weather....

eknine
11-10-2003, 11:15 AM
EK4 and EK9...

dont forget the headlights and the most obvious change, the 5 lugs

hummm..the headlights really issn't much different if you are talking abt the 96-98 CTR(compared with the ek4)....however on the 99up, yes i agreed.

tip: the headlight tint on the ek4(96 - 98) are only slight chromy than the CTR(slight dark tint..almost hard to see, unless you know what you are looking, the 99up is an obvious chromy dark)....to get it to look like the CTR, no work is necessary to redo that tint..it is hardly any different to a naked eye IMO(coz when i put them side by side, only 3/6 guys can tell me that its is different)

all you need is to snip of the bulb reflector, you can't reuse after...and the only way to take that out without opening the silicon seams around the headlight is to snip the reflector into piece and remove via the bulb housing... IMO, it not worth doing it but thats the cheapest and easiest way to go:o)

totti
11-10-2003, 01:21 PM
i'd go a hatch anyday!!

ian
04-05-2004, 04:55 PM
one and only........... 2000 em1 Civic VTiR coupe

ian
04-05-2004, 04:56 PM
the main difference (externally) is it's rear end...........it depends on what kinda shape ass you fancy...........hehehe

[[d a n n y]]
04-05-2004, 04:57 PM
coupe is slow...toooo heavy ...

Civic Type R
04-05-2004, 05:05 PM
The Hatch has a better interior - superior to the coupe ;)

SiR
04-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Well, apart from the seats, are there any diff. between the coupe and hatch, interior-wise? But one thing's for sure, the seats in the coupe are crap!! I can't believe they were fitted from the factory!! :shock:

[[d a n n y]]
04-05-2004, 05:10 PM
ultimate hatch for me?

EG6 mate.. 8)

Civic Type R
04-05-2004, 05:13 PM
The hatch is full black interior with better seats and not some ugly grey velour as in the coupe.
Ultimate Hatch interior : the EK9 Civic Type R interior. ... my interior :D

Civ_97
04-05-2004, 07:00 PM
dont go either....sedan for life ;)

LatinoHatchCrap
04-05-2004, 09:26 PM
buy a coupe and boost it :)

**Ghost**
04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
hey just a thought... with ppl complaining about how hard it is to find a EK4 for sale on the market... which of the 2 reasons u reckno are true

1. (my reasoning) they are too damn good and no one in their right minds should sell thiers

2. (some guy who works at honda, family friend): at 35,000 bucks on the road, as new, the ek4 didnt attrach enough rev heads who coulda spent the money on things such as a 200sx, Wrx, almost new hand ludes + tegs, MR2s, 2.2L celicas, etc etc...

basically he was going that 35k too much to spend on a HB that is differentiated outside with just a small spoiler and small rims from the base model, and had performance that coulda been topped by many in the same price range...

**Ghost**
04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
hey just a thought... with ppl complaining about how hard it is to find a EK4 for sale on the market... which of the 2 reasons u reckno are true

1. (my reasoning) they are too damn good and no one in their right minds should sell thiers

2. (some guy who works at honda, family friend): at 35,000 bucks on the road, as new, the ek4 didnt attrach enough rev heads who coulda spent the money on things such as a 200sx, Wrx, almost new hand ludes + tegs, MR2s, 2.2L celicas, etc etc...

basically he was going that 35k too much to spend on a HB that is differentiated outside with just a small spoiler and small rims from the base model, and had performance that coulda been topped by many in the same price range...

and mate get teh HB, b4 i bought i test drove both... the coupe definitely feels a bit heavier to lug around...

genesis
05-05-2004, 09:56 AM
I'm glad i have kept my hatchie ;-)

ian
05-05-2004, 10:16 AM

although, my coupes' interior is covered in leather. :P

SPEEDCORE
05-05-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm glad i have kept my hatchie ;-)

I told you didn't I. ;)

[[d a n n y]]
05-05-2004, 10:40 AM

standard interior?

not retrimed..

anywaz hatch goes hard and looks hardcore when doe up

coupes look and bit posh..when done up

i mean lowered rimz and ETC ETC

ian
05-05-2004, 01:20 PM
i got it re-trimmed before I took delivery of the car from the dealership. it looks better.........it matches my 18' rims and compliments my low stance.

[[d a n n y]]
05-05-2004, 01:22 PM
low stance?

how low r they ?

on 18" i guess wouldnt b much lower

got pics of it?

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 01:43 PM

haha nice :)
but ive got red recaros :D

VTEChnique
05-05-2004, 02:46 PM
red recaros ? that you dont own HAHAAHAH sorry I couldnt resist..

the HB is made in JAPAN while the coupes are made in USA..

say no more :twisted:

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Yes they are pretty much mine :P
smartass :)

Kit
05-05-2004, 04:19 PM
I haven't read through all 6 pages of this thread, but the VTi-R Hatchback was made in Japan. and the Coupe VTi-R was made in the US.

I think the build quality of the Hatchback was better for this reason.

Chris

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 04:31 PM
I like that reason
good enough for me .... :D

ian
06-05-2004, 08:50 AM
danny: you comin out this Friday night? check it out then otherwise i'll try and figure out how to upload pics. it's just a clean stock looking civic apart from the obvious. yeah, come out for the cruise.

BlitZ
12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
The civic hb handles well and turns great as there is no boot inertia and shorter wheel base. U get better factory options. Performance wise it isnt much fast than the coupe. The coupe can be made to handle. A coupe is basically an ITR or teg shell with a 1.6.

Part wise there is no differnce.. all parts are interchangable.. the only part difference is exhaust and bodykit.. and besides u can get all your stuff from the US..

honest to say the build quality on the HB is better, and so are the features. the coupe vtirs are alot more rare.. they were only sold for 1 1/2 years only. They look much nicier in both std and riced up form than the HB(to me anyways). Dont correct me on this but i was told that the coupes also have a largeer front sway bar than the HB 27mm?

I honestly dont believe the specs. i reckon the coupe is more than the 14kg weight difference than the HB.

The coupe has a better cluster.

There is like "4" different set of civic clusters.. The couples on has white nubers and maintence button.

Coupes also come with control glove console.(dont know about hb dont think so thou)

and if u also compare the diff b/w typical hb and coupe vtir... The typcial hb vtir have pre updated front lights and front bar (except for knowles) . the later coupes looks completely differnent and is also color coated.

The coupes are worth much more as there are less being sold. They are riducous in price (just love it) .
If i was to buy a civic i wont buy the coupe simply because they are way too expensive .. but they are the bomb!@!

Another bias opinion from a coupe driver.

Civic Type R
12-05-2004, 06:05 PM
honest to say the build quality on the HB is better, and so are the features. the coupe vtirs are alot more rare.. they were only sold for 1 1/2 years only. They look much nicier in both std and riced up form than the HB(to me anyways). Dont correct me on this but i was told that the coupes also have a largeer front sway bar than the HB 27mm?

The hatch was only available for 16 months

Kit
12-05-2004, 11:28 PM

are you sure about that? the EK4 VTi-R civic was available from 95 till 98 I thought

Civic Type R
13-05-2004, 12:27 AM
wtf hell no.

SiR
13-05-2004, 12:43 AM

are you sure about that? the EK4 VTi-R civic was available from 95 till 98 I thought

Same here - thought the HB was sold for longer than that. But with a price tag of something along the lines of $34k when new, that's a steep steep pricetag, especially considering this was in the mid-90's!

genesis
13-05-2004, 10:01 AM
yeh the hatch was available from 95 to 98

Civic Type R
13-05-2004, 10:38 AM
sure ?!?
I read in a Honda Press release entitled "Honda Hot Hatch"many many years ago that it was only released for 16 months. This was a motoring article from a newspaper.

anyway, its no big deal :)

Kit
13-05-2004, 11:52 AM
sure ?!?
I read in a Honda Press release entitled "Honda Hot Hatch"many many years ago that it was only released for 16 months. This was a motoring article from a newspaper.

anyway, its no big deal :)

yeah, i'm sure, cos my friend had a 95 VTi-R (one of the first). and I had a 98 VTi-R (one of the last).

which year is yours?

Civic Type R
13-05-2004, 01:47 PM
mine was built in 7/95 .. del 12/97.