PDA

View Full Version : Price to install Aircon for 96 Civic Coupe

melvyn_yap
30-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to put an aircon into my car, since it didn't come with one.

I got quoted $850 for an aircon kit for my 96 Civic Coupe from Honbits. Just wondering if that's a reasonable price, and if any of you know where I can get it installed, and how much i'm looking at.

Thanks heaps!

Mel

muhhan
30-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Where are you located? Ask around other wreckers/parts suppliers to compare prices then it'll give you a realistic comparison as to what you can buy locally. Aircon kits aren't things that are cheaply freightable so best to try local sources first. Also find out if places that install aircons can supply them as well as they may be able to do you a deal if you get everything done at the one place.

kraiye
30-01-2007, 11:04 PM
have you considered a 2nd hand kit from someone in the forums here? or just looking for brand new?
often turbo'ers and engine swapers rip out their perfectly good air con and flog em off cheap

Glitta
31-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Well maybe you should shop around with other wreckers first...

Yesterday I rang about a gearbox Honbits wanted $660 everybody else was $500...

Maybe it's not like that with everything, but from now I will double check any prices I get from them..

Anyways besides the point I have a perfectly good one, full kit about to come off my civic hubby said you can take it for $600... I know a guy who wil do a regas for you for $50 and he may be able to do install for you aswell but i'd have to double check with him.

muhhan
01-02-2007, 11:24 PM
With wreckers and the such, also consider if they recondition the units before selling them to you and do they include any guarantee. You may pay a little more for this service. I'm not 100% sure with aircon units but some wreckers have onsite workshops that recondition major parts like engines and gearboxes prior to reselling them.

Let us know how you get on, Mel.

EGB18CT
08-02-2007, 07:08 PM
ive got the aircon pump from a d series engine for 40 bux perfect cndition see my for sale thread inthe sig.