PDA

View Full Version : Big kev's goo remover

Fredo
14-06-2004, 09:15 PM
I took the civic badge off my ek sedan and i am now left with an outline of the word civic which i am unable to remove.

It's not the paint faded but where the double sided tape used has gone very hard and will not come off, i've removed most of the residue with tea tree oil and have also tried kero but to no avail.

So i bought a bottle of big kev's goo remover but on the bottle it says it can remove paint. so has anyone used this on their cars paint to remove goo?????

if this doesn't work what else can i try????? :!:

geo41e
14-06-2004, 09:23 PM
dude..use brake fluide cleaner....

and use turtle wax..the green one..
works perfect for my si and civic sticker!!

MTX BOY
14-06-2004, 09:59 PM
yeah turtle wax/ cut and polish.

Bloody Big Kev! :D

A'PEXi
14-06-2004, 10:03 PM
jiff :D

egSi
14-06-2004, 10:16 PM
i used engine degreaser to remove the 'goo' and a shit load of elbow grease and patience :|

MTX BOY
14-06-2004, 10:31 PM
So you just put a Spoon badge over it huh Trav! :P

ts0nda
14-06-2004, 10:31 PM
when i removed the stuff off my car i used propsol work no probs, then gave it a polish afterwards

egSi
14-06-2004, 11:13 PM

no, my car came with no badges, i chucked that spoon one on like a second after i bought so it had been on there for a while. i took it off and it was fukn nasty.

please dont hack me or ill have to contact a moderator :P

skoota
14-06-2004, 11:23 PM
I used Big Kev's goo remover to remove the crap under my Honda dealership sticker and my Bombers membership sticker. It worked a treat - but that was glue crap on glass...

alan
15-06-2004, 03:54 AM
meguirs paint cleaner works well

SPEEDCORE
15-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Why on earth people are suggesting to use abrasive cut and polish compounds and cleaners is beyond me!

Acetone is what you should really be using. Use it sparingly on a clean cloth.... take your time with it.... it will slowly come off without damaging the actual paint though you might still have a ghost of the badge from the surounding paint fading.

MTX BOY
15-06-2004, 09:23 AM

no, my car came with no badges, i chucked that spoon one on like a second after i bought so it had been on there for a while. i took it off and it was fukn nasty.

Yes sorry for those childish comments! :D

egSi
15-06-2004, 11:53 AM

Yes sorry for those childish comments! :D

do make me have to kickbox u in the head this weekend..... :shock:

Redteg
15-06-2004, 09:03 PM
WD40 does the trick for me, works great on tar too.

bigteethygrin
15-06-2004, 09:37 PM
tar and spot remover should do it. if ya need more industrial then use wax and grease remover.. but make sure ya give a real thick coat of wax after ya done as your paint will be raw as afterwards.

Fredo
15-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Wouldn't acetone take the paint off

MR-VTEC
15-06-2004, 11:40 PM
nup acetone is the way i did mine also. using it sparingly on a soft cloth works wonders. i just grabbed the girlfriends nail polish remover. didn't damage the paint.

SPEEDCORE
16-06-2004, 10:37 AM
nup acetone is the way i did mine also. using it sparingly on a soft cloth works wonders. i just grabbed the girlfriends nail polish remover. didn't damage the paint.

:thumbsup:

Only problem is most nail polish remover these days is Acetone Free...... because young girls where finding it easy to knock themselves off with it!

egSi
16-06-2004, 03:14 PM

:thumbsup:

Only problem is most nail polish remover these days is Acetone Free...... because young girls where finding it easy to knock themselves off with it!

HA funny shit

Iruka
17-06-2004, 04:37 PM
I use a method that no one seems to have recommended anywhere, but I SWEAR it is the perfect solution, yet doesn't damage the paint (it gets rid of some of the top layer wax, but the clear coat is safe.)

The answer is.....

Clothing Stain Removal that you could get from the supermarket.
If it is safe for your cloth's dye, it is definitely safe for your car's much thicker paint 8)

Very luckily it just manages to dissolve some rubber marks and tree saps, after around 30 seconds these would come off, and the paint reverts back to what it should look like :)